Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
nessin
Feb 7, 2010
For leveling up an Alliance character to 65 on the DvL event I figured I'd do it with a Commando or Sentinel. Which one is my better option for being able to power through to 65 as soon as possible?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

nessin
Feb 7, 2010
Wow, did they do nothing to the Flashpoints at any point in the past couple years? I'd had hoped they'd streamlined them as what killed me on the game originally is that they're so grindy and painful, more so than even FFXIV which at least has the excuse of the slower combat and classes with built-in lower damage output.

nessin
Feb 7, 2010

Nerd Of Prey posted:

Actually they have changed them significantly, by introducing the three difficulty tiers.

There's solo mode, which you can pretty much sleepwalk through if you just want to see the stories (and it IS possible to take a group in there if you really want to laugh off the boss fights).

There's tactical mode, which can be done at any level with a partial group, a badly-geared group, an all-DPS group, or whatever sad collection of random dudes the group finder throws at you, with clickable healing nodes for when the going gets rough.

And finally there's hard mode, if you're literally a masochist and you don't value your time or sanity.

Yes, all that is very obvious and clear from the start. I was referring to the actual content of them. No clearing out trash, trash itself is still a massive wall of HPs that takes forever to grind down between bosses, and bosses are grind fests that take 3-4 minutes of repeating the same 5-10 seconds of actual activity over and over again with the rare single phase change.

nessin
Feb 7, 2010
So I just completed Chapter 16 on a DvL character so I could get the, eventual, companion. Has there been any word if we'll need to have it completed to start the next series on a character, because I'd rather take my Bounty Hunter through it when it comes out but I'm not thrilled about repeating all that over again on him.

• Locked thread