Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Trast
Oct 20, 2010

Three games, thousands of playthroughs. 90% of the players don't know I exist. Still a redhead saving the galaxy with a [Right Hook].

:edi:
Love that new thread smell.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Trast
Oct 20, 2010

Three games, thousands of playthroughs. 90% of the players don't know I exist. Still a redhead saving the galaxy with a [Right Hook].

sassassin posted:

The Voss are just strange enough to appear borderline interesting, and their planet is full of savages that are actively up to no good (and monsters fitted with robot arms) so killing them more is morally palatable than it is the Empire technicians/mine workers, and "gangsters" who are minding their own business in the poor parts of town.

It also looks nice and everything feels pretty close together.

The Voss are the real assholes on that planet. The other alien dudes turn out to be pretty chill in some of the story lines.

Trast
Oct 20, 2010

Everquest Raids were 72 players if I remember correctly. They were a nightmare to organize but it did leave you some slack on trash clearing when someone had to AFK for any reason. I recall when I applied to the end game raiding guild on Cazic-Thule I was used to tank all the trash in the third area of the Plane of Time while the rest of the tanks hosed off for a smoke or a drink. WoW started out with 48 man raids but those got shrunken down as the MMO playerbase changed. Honestly I don't think you could do a game with massive player raids unless you could insure that the guilds could be big enough and even then it would be a huge hassle.

Trast
Oct 20, 2010

Jan posted:

Everquest raids did not have a maximum amount of players. You also had no instancing, so you could have multiple guilds competing for the same raid, resorting to training and other devious tactics to wipe the other one.

WoW maximum was 40-man.

:goonsay:

Racing other guilds to kill a snake is SSRA. Why did I think that was fun.

Trast
Oct 20, 2010

Agent is the best story. Light Side Sith Warrior is the best Star Wars story. Then the Dark Side Inquisitor is also extremely enjoyable due to the voice actress killing it.

Trast
Oct 20, 2010

Haven't played in awhile but now that the new expansion is out I have a single important question. Does Elara Dorne come back in any fashion? I need my fix of prim and proper British Space Medic.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Trast
Oct 20, 2010

prefect posted:

No old companions return in the expansion. :(

No sale. :smith:

• Locked thread