Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Airspace
Nov 5, 2010

Fuzz posted:

I'm still amazed they never added the Voss as a playable species, though...

Weren't they originally slated to have their own faction, back before Beta?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Airspace
Nov 5, 2010

Trast posted:

The Voss are the real assholes on that planet. The other alien dudes turn out to be pretty chill in some of the story lines.

I dunno, there are a lot of Gormak that seem like pretty giant assholes on their own (the guy who blocked the Gormak from leaving, for instance). Though I'll grant that there are more decent Gormak than there are decent Voss.

Airspace
Nov 5, 2010

Miker525 posted:

Unless it is just sub once and have access to all currently available content

This is how it works. Sub right now for a month and get everything KotFE (and SoR).

When ET comes out, sub then and you'll get everything they release during that month (which is everything this time?).

Right before the last KotFE chapter came out they let everyone preferred have access to most of the chapters, though I don't know if that was a limited time thing.

Airspace
Nov 5, 2010
I'm disappointed, other than the 'everyone shows up at my stronghold naked' incident, the only other jank that's happened to me is my Inquisitor ceasing to use any animations when interacting with things. On the one hand, no animation.

On the other, my Inquisitor stares at something and it explodes, so I'm not sure if I'm losing out.

Airspace
Nov 5, 2010
I dunno if it's possible for the 40-50 affection companions, but I tried Athiss once with a 32-level healer T7 and I got past only one boss. The adds were just too numerous for me to deal with on the second.

Airspace
Nov 5, 2010

Sun Wu Kampf posted:

I'd like to put this back in the chance cube please :froggonk:

http://torf.mmo-fashion.com/orbalisk/

Covering yourself in grenades is not the answer.

Airspace
Nov 5, 2010
Medical Probes.

Before the Iokath patch I had four that came back every day(?), but after the patch I've had zero and they haven't come back.

Am I completely screwed on these or am I wrong about how often they replenished?

Airspace
Nov 5, 2010

Medullah posted:

You're free to play I assume? Iokath ha some weird rear end bugs. I would try dying on another planet and see if it works properly. Submit a bug report.

Ooops, let me rephrase, sorry about that.

By 'Iokath patch' I meant after that patch dropped. My characters are nowhere near Iokath (I think my furthest character is a chapter or two into ET). No matter which character I use, they no longer have probes.

Which isn't a big deal, I just don't want to run across a zone just to start a fight again.

I'll probably subscribe pretty soon.

Airspace
Nov 5, 2010

I dunno, the Trooper is mildly interesting up until the end of Chapter 1?

But otherwise, yeah.

Coldforge posted:

The correct answer is anything but ConsularTrooper after Chapter 1.

Airspace
Nov 5, 2010

Coldforge posted:

It's weird to see people complain about male voice acting, and not have it be about the consular. Terrible voice, awful meandering story, the worst companions; consular has it all.

I've never played Male Consular, I've only played Female Consular.

Especially since I heard the romance was mostly Daddy Issues: The Jedi.

Airspace
Nov 5, 2010
Hmm... do Free-To-Play characters have zero ways to chat?

I'm trying to get a friend to play but an inability to communicate is hampering my ability to do so.

Airspace
Nov 5, 2010

Medullah posted:

I think you get access to General chat at level 25. It's a safeguard they put in to reduce gold seller spam, but it's not too effective.

Thanks. I was wondering why gold spammers flood my mailbox, and now I know.

Medullah posted:

I'd recommend just talking in Discord with him (feel free to invite him to ours linked in the OP)

That would require me to be on it first, a ha ha ha.

(I should join the goon guilds eventually though)

Airspace
Nov 5, 2010
Running through a smuggler makes me appreciate how interesting it is not to have spooky mind powers. Risha's telling the Smuggler about how this one guy makes Skavak look like a Jedi Padawan, and one of the responses is 'The gently caress is a Jedi Padawan?'

I mean I'm down with the spooky mind powers classes in general, but it's great to see the other classes throw some shade on them.

DrunkenGarbageCan posted:

If they do the DvL event again I don't see how it would be any different...lvl every class, run every FP, do KotFE, a handful of WZ's and GS matches. The only thing to add is do KotET and maybe something with GC.

How many people would do all that same stuff again?

I dunno, I didn't do the FP stuff last year, I wouldn't mind running that hamster wheel again for the last bit of the EXP armor. Maybe.

I'd at least consider it.

Airspace
Nov 5, 2010

Aleth posted:

A reminder:

:torgue: CONTEST TIME AGAIN! :torgue:

Now, you may be thinking 'but Medullah, I play a class which doesn't have missiles or orbital strikes or fireworks!' In that case go find one of the many areas in the game with big fuckoff missiles, explosions and/or fireworks and incorporate them into your work. The bigger the better! Maybe you could go run a ship battle and get some wicked footage of you blowing up the enemy being totalled by your missile swarms? Perhaps a trip to Cademimu to visit General Ortol for some rocket tips? You decide!

To give you an idea of what's up for grabs courtesy of NE:
Plus countless other bits and pieces such as companion creatures and bots.

Here comes the pace car, coming around the bend.

Airspace
Nov 5, 2010
Something just occurred to me.

Like, why is the Coruscant/Dromund Kaas stronghold locked to characters of the opposite faction.

I mean I know why, but they're the only ones with this restriction. Why do they have the restriction for just one (or I guess two) strongholds?

Airspace
Nov 5, 2010

Medullah posted:

If you aren't able to log in let me know and I'll post some of the treasures in our Glorious Vault.

This describes me, for I am secretly Not In The Guild! My evil knows no bounds.

So, uh, while I get that sorted and actually join the guild today or tomorrow, I'll move to the back of the line and choose my stuff last.

Airspace
Nov 5, 2010

Aleth posted:

Unrelenting Terror BP sent to Airspace as desired. :shrug:

If you want true madness, I was tempted to grab the Hutt Cartel shirt thingy for a while.

I mean, I only stopped because it was pretty cheap on the AH but still.

Airspace
Nov 5, 2010

Whorelord posted:

Hunter is honestly one of the creepiest characters in any game I've ever played.

I want to say there was someone else in the game creepier, but I can't think of one.

Hunter is pretty high up there, though.

EDIT: Also, hello new Stupid Newbie avatar.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Airspace
Nov 5, 2010

DrunkenGarbageCan posted:

The guy who was responsible for the oh so mediocre Trooper storyline.

Hey, The Trooper storyline was fun!

...Act one, I guess. Beyond that was a trash fire.

• Locked thread