Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Percelus
Sep 9, 2012

My command, your wish is

DrunkenGarbageCan posted:

ehhhhh...I'll take Tactical frustrations over teammates who are too simple to understand "don't stand in poo poo" MMO 101 mechanics. I can usually drag Tactical groups to success not much you can do about DPS who insist on soaking up Major Imos Air Strikes. I'm expecting idiocy/newbies in the Tactical queue.

Also getting a lvl 19 Leeroy in your Tactical isn't nearly as soul crushing as zoning into Blood Hunt HM only to realize the "tank" you've been waiting half an hour for is lvl 54 in DPS stance with DPS gear.

this is why i only ran pug hms as tank

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Percelus
Sep 9, 2012

My command, your wish is

for all the poo poo that came with, everquest did have some nice design choices that most modern mmos dont. being able to gently caress with almost any npc, including guards - only elder scrolls online features that kind of gameplay from recent titles. a faction system that wasn't stuck based on what you rolled. i miss the shear size of the zones and having the occasional higher than zone average npcs roaming around, keeping things interesting. not too mention all the crazy poo poo you could find just exploring, from islands to hidden sewers. also having personal deity was a cool little lore bit. wow for better or worse focused entirely on raiding and had a much shallower approach to world building

Percelus
Sep 9, 2012

My command, your wish is

the only reason i feel tempted to return to this game is because of how awesome powertech is at tanking, but then i remember they dont release group content so gently caress it :jerry:

Percelus
Sep 9, 2012

My command, your wish is

Ainsley McTree posted:

can't we talk about class stories instead

blizz the jawa is the highlight of the bounty hunter class story, discuss

• Locked thread