Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Ossipago
Nov 14, 2012

Muldoon

teacup posted:

I guess there is a lot of newer people entering the thread due to the expansion, but I just wanted to ask a couple of questions. Sorry if it's been repeated already :/

I used to play WoW and also dabbled a bit in FFXIV, but I just can't be bothered keeping a sub up. I don't mind paying for things but just a monthly sub makes me feel like I'm wasting money every month on it. What I miss about WoW (I stopped playing just before Ulduar in Wrath, so a while back) was how fun some of the classes felt like a Resto Druid at the time, Unholy DK or the Affliction warlock in Burning Crusade. In FFXIV I played a Summoner but not for long, that was fun too but felt a bit slow.

SO questions-

1. I figured being made by bioware this game will avoid the usual jank I've seen in a lot of other f2p mmos? IS THIS TRUE

2. How difficult is it playing a healer while levelling? Is there any companion class?

3. I'm seeing a lot of "sub with something to get some benefits", how much do they turn on or off? I'm happy to get that Amazon one for 90 days time but after that will it be like suddenly my inventory turns to poo poo and I'm only able to hold 3 items and 2 dollars?

WoW is pretty fun again with the class overhaul. But since we're in the SWTOR thread:

1. Depends on what you consider "jank," but it's better than any other f2p I've played.
2. Not hard, just a little slow. All companions can toggle between all roles, so it's whatever. If you like healing then pick a class accordingly, but maybe run in a dps/off heal spec while leveling. I'd recommend Sith sorcerer.
3. After you sub once you're always considered preferred and never get the worst f2p restrictions again after the sub lapses. If you use a referral code for the 7 free days before you sub then you get some lifetime unlocks that further reduce the restrictions, and if you focus on spending CC to buy quality of life unlocks then you basically end up with a free account that's 90% of a paid sub.

I sub for a month once in a while to ungate new solo expansion content since it stays available forever once unlocked and to binge on endgame content, and this works well for me. The f2p part just makes in nice to check in occasionally while you're focusing on other games, and then come back to sub when you're ready to spend more time in the game.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ossipago
Nov 14, 2012

Muldoon

Aleth posted:

Our proud barbarian duo are out for a bout of trick or treating!

Skadge: Ohhh, yeah. Gonna like this.

Which legs are those?

Ossipago
Nov 14, 2012

Muldoon
Tonight I encountered a bug where my akk dog was stuck floating in the air everywhere we went. I guess he forgot how to walk.

It was awesome.

Ossipago
Nov 14, 2012

Muldoon
One of my DvL toons:

Wish it was easier to pose with companions.

My main is more minimalist:

Ossipago
Nov 14, 2012

Muldoon

Fuzz posted:

I should probably queue for only the ones you can't do in Solo mode, but I don't know which ones those are.

Solo mode:

On fleet:
Black Talon
Esseles
Boarding Party
Taral V
The Foundry
Maelstrom Prison

Ilum story:
Battle of Ilum
The False Emperor

Revan story:
Assault on Tython
Korriban Incursion
Manaan Research Facility
Legacy of the Rakata
Blood Hunt
Battle of Rishi

These all have quests for them, you either get them from playing story quests or the NPCs on the fleet have purple quest icons and should say the FP when you hover over them. There's bound to be a guide if you Google it, but it's easy enough to just stumble upon them while playing.

Ossipago
Nov 14, 2012

Muldoon
If you've been inactive a while (I think at least 90 days) you can use a referral code to get 7 free days if you use it before resubbing. Use the referral right before activating the sub and it will stack (also true if you're subbing for the first time). You also get some quality of life unlocks that are handy when your sub lapses again in the future.

Here's my code, or if you know another subscriber you'll be playing with directly you should ask them for theirs.

http://www.swtor.com/r/W62Csy

Ossipago fucked around with this message at 02:54 on Nov 27, 2016

Ossipago
Nov 14, 2012

Muldoon

Ainsley McTree posted:

I googled "sons of palawa" to see if I could help and I can't but I have my own question

Are there any player armors you can wear that have the neck/shoulder scarf thingy that the guy on the left is wearing? Not looking for this armor specifically, just any that have the scarf. It would look rad on an operative.

Bonus hello beautiful :wink:

Maybe the Huttsbane chest

Ossipago
Nov 14, 2012

Muldoon

StashAugustine posted:

If KOTFE's gameplay is boring me to death will making it Veteran make it more interesting or just make it take longer

Just longer.

Ossipago
Nov 14, 2012

Muldoon
Just speaking for myself, but I was already questioning the time I spend on this game after the DvL grind, starting to feel like the 40 hours or so it took to get the eternal or whatever level it was would have been better spent on playing some of my Steam backlog. And then I got annoyed at the walker section of the first KOTET mission and realized I was burnt out so I unsubbed. Maybe if DvL hadn't just happened I would feel differently. Still log in every couple weeks for a few minutes, but haven't finished KOTET and it's going to be a while before I feel like doing so.

That's the benefit of the game being free though, I can come and go as I please so I never really quit altogether. In that regard BW is doing something right.

Ossipago
Nov 14, 2012

Muldoon

Valentine's dance for the contest.

Ossipago
Nov 14, 2012

Muldoon
1. T4-1D
2. Mawvorr
3. TY-4N

Ossipago
Nov 14, 2012

Muldoon

Medullah posted:

Post your in game character names for me to send prizes to.

Meschia.

Thanks dude!

Ossipago
Nov 14, 2012

Muldoon

Sun Wu Kampf posted:

:aaa: I never realized there was a daily that let you farm up your own Tauntaun mount.

Which one is that? The Oricon one?

You can also grind out this one in a single (potentially long) sitting: http://dulfy.net/2013/08/06/swtor-tauntaun-mounts-guide

Ossipago
Nov 14, 2012

Muldoon

Change is good.

Ossipago
Nov 14, 2012

Muldoon

CLAM DOWN posted:

I'm really dying for a star wars game and nonentity is very convincing. I played this at launch but remember basically nothing aside from the poo poo endgame. I'm a super casual these days and would play this once a week probably even mostly solo, is that a viable thing? I remember initially people said you could just treat this as as singleplayer game but endgame that wasn't true, I'm hoping that's changed.

It's basically the poutine of endgames now.

Ossipago
Nov 14, 2012

Muldoon
All she needs now is a Sith with Low Self Esteem™ hat.

Ossipago
Nov 14, 2012

Muldoon

Medullah posted:

Probably looking at 50 million to try to win it with my luck.

That sounds optimistic.

Ossipago
Nov 14, 2012

Muldoon
Sith Warrior and Jedi Knight have some unique dialog with Valkorian that makes the story more personal because of the history from the class stories. It's not game changing by any means, but adds a little flavor.

Ossipago
Nov 14, 2012

Muldoon

Bleach.

Ossipago
Nov 14, 2012

Muldoon
I dig it.

Ossipago
Nov 14, 2012

Muldoon

Do these count as fireworks?

Ossipago
Nov 14, 2012

Muldoon

Medullah posted:

DPS specs are toast for sure. :(

Yes, but we get a moving train stronghold so it all evens out in the end.

Ossipago
Nov 14, 2012

Muldoon
1) Rakghoul Tuning
2) Nathema Voreclaw Handler License
3)Laser Tuning

Ossipago
Nov 14, 2012

Muldoon
There's usually 2-3 people on any given evening. We have all the guild perks and once in a blue moon place on the conquest boards. If you're looking for a guild to run stuff with all the time this isn't it. But on the rare occasion enough people are on to group up, it's glorious.

Ossipago
Nov 14, 2012

Muldoon
Currencies to be legacy based at some point in the future: http://www.swtor.com/community/showthread.php?p=9373053#edit9373053

Ossipago
Nov 14, 2012

Muldoon
I wonder how it would work for f2p. When I don't have an active sub I still have a legion of alts at the 350k credit cap and buy items as needed and mail to my main. If this is going to be a shared wallet then they really need to raise the cap (which they should have done a long time ago anyway due to all the inflation of the last few years).

Ossipago
Nov 14, 2012

Muldoon

Rad Valtar posted:

Just starting playing again after over a year and I have 7k cartel coins. What is good to buy?

Buy every QOL unlock you don't already have.

The Tulak Hord armor is available for direct sale for one more day. GTN Price have dropped because of it, but if you buy it and sit on the set for a few months it should be worth a ton--assuming you ever need credits.

Ossipago
Nov 14, 2012

Muldoon
Thanks bro!

Ossipago
Nov 14, 2012

Muldoon

Wait...could it be? Is that the old Gannifari pet?

Ossipago
Nov 14, 2012

Muldoon
It helps if you just view everything post-class stories as fan fiction.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ossipago
Nov 14, 2012

Muldoon
Huh. That speeder used to be pre-order exclusive.

Wonder if they'll give us another chance at the special HK mission. I was out of the country and wasn't subbed at the time. Only story content I haven't played.

• Locked thread