Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
KittyEmpress
Dec 30, 2012

Jam Buddies

Utnayan posted:

I always liked SWTOR and played at launch, the only thing that was horrid was the travel. They fixed a lot of that, and now it's a no brainer if we can automatically level through story quests alone. And solo flashpoints are pretty sweet too. if you are in it for the story that is.

I mean, the leveling was also pretty horrid. Being required to do every quest, including heroics, space missions and on level FPs, inorder to stay caught up to the level of the planet was insanely tedious. Especially since there was no group finder for those FPs, so good luck finding people to actually do heroics/FPs with.

I remember landing on Hoth on my SW and every mob in the first area was red, because I hadn't been doing FPs or Heroics and I was like 5 levels below Hoth's 'starting' level... so I went and did a bunch of space missions, a ton of pvping, and grinded my way to where I could actually continue my story. It was terrible.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

KittyEmpress
Dec 30, 2012

Jam Buddies

Sombrerotron posted:

In my opinion, the tedium of having to do almost everything wasn't the worst thing about early-days TOR. It was the accompanying fact that you basically had to do everything just to scrape together enough planetary commendations (the horror, the horror) to buy yourself equipment upgrades at the end of every planet - which would then be only barely sufficient for the next planet, where the whole process would start all over again.

God, I had forgotten about planetary commendations. Thanks for reminding me, jerk!!!

KittyEmpress
Dec 30, 2012

Jam Buddies

So I've been playing a Guardian and I really want to like it because I really like T7 and really like Kira and very much enjoy being 'good' again [my past two characters were a BH and a SI] but holy poo poo, how do people play non ranged classes in this. It feels so much slower compared to my SI, who I just threw down a lightning storm up until makeb, and killed entire groups of mobs. My two AOE moves suck and barely do a third of a normal mob's hp, my leap cooldown means I basically kill one group of mob, then have to physically run up to another, then I can jump to the third...

I really like the animation for Blade Dance, but drat I think Melee just isn't for me.

KittyEmpress
Dec 30, 2012

Jam Buddies

So you say dont use data crystal gear, but what should I use now fresh 65? I still have unmodded dvl gear on my Knight.

KittyEmpress
Dec 30, 2012

Jam Buddies

Consular has the best republic side story, but the worst republic side companions. [Contrast this to Trooper, which has the worst republic side story, but the BEST COMPANION FOR THE REPUBLIC!]

The Knight has a pretty generic story, but their companions [note: I only have 3 currently] all are pretty neat. Doc is def my least favorite of them, but even he's better than people like Qyzen. I think the only good companion Consular has is Nadia in comparison, who is still less engaging than Kira or T7.

Also: gently caress you meddullah, for suggesting I do PVP for gear. That was the worst experience I've had in SWTOR, where I jumped at mercs and died before I got 3 GCDs in, what the heck.

Edit: Actually, I find the whole 'good story, dumb companions - bad story, good companions' thing to be pretty true for the whole game. Imperial Agent gets some boring loving companions barring SCORPIO, but is a good story. Sith Inquisitor is a terrible story, but their companions are fun. Sith Warrior only has two companions I remember [Jaesa and Vette] so I dunno what that says about them.

KittyEmpress fucked around with this message at 06:42 on Oct 22, 2016

KittyEmpress
Dec 30, 2012

Jam Buddies

Medullah posted:

Dromund Kaas or Coruscant.

Even if you hate PvP it's really worth doing the 1-2 matches for the intro to PvP and daily quests. It will literally get you multiple levels with a few minutes of work.

Yeah, definitely do the PvP intro quests. My Jedi Knight sent from level 29 to level 38 from a single pvp match due to the quests. It was intense.

KittyEmpress
Dec 30, 2012

Jam Buddies

Jesus Christ Sass you literally have all the worst opinions.

Anyways, do I need to finish the Eternal level achievement before the 15th to get the companion, or do I have til the end of the month?

KittyEmpress
Dec 30, 2012

Jam Buddies

Sass, if you didn't do Shadow of Revan/Ziost then yeah, you do not know why the Emperor is something that needs to be killed. He is literally a ghost vampire that ate billions of civilians and killed all life on a planet to funnel his immortality, and planned to do so to everything in the main (non-Zakuul) galaxy, inorder to become truly immortal and Unkillable by any force I'm existence. He created the Sith Empire specifically so it'd create atrocities, because every death in the galaxy made him live longer (thus his name, the Immortal Emperor)

Arcann is following in his steps.

KittyEmpress
Dec 30, 2012

Jam Buddies

Medullah posted:

New trailer from KOTET. Valykorian gets me wet, not gonna lie.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RkHg7rqwKFw

Bioware, everyone has been complaining about how choices don't actually matter in your game. So you showcase what should be a huge decision, and how your choice doesn't matter because IT IS YOUR DESTINY.

KittyEmpress
Dec 30, 2012

Jam Buddies

Magmarashi posted:

Lol, there can be no in-between. Either it's 'a ton of buttons, get over it' or 'press 'A' button to do everything like some sort of scrub'

I like WoW's current set up, which is generally 1 full bar, total. A mix of ,6ish attacks, a movement skill or two, and 3 defensive abilities. But it's not for some people.

KittyEmpress
Dec 30, 2012

Jam Buddies

Non-Entity, a weird question [or at least weird in my head] - is it any harder to design armors knowing the dye system is in play? Do you play around with various colors that people may dye things when you make armor sets, or do you just throw it to the wind and let people figure it out?

KittyEmpress
Dec 30, 2012

Jam Buddies

prefect posted:

Possibly related: some armors have big sections that are immune to dye. Is that an intentional thing, or just an accident of history and technology? (I'm blanking on examples, but I'll think of a few once I log in tonight. :shobon:)

Cassie Fett and his cape.

Edit: Cassus lol.

KittyEmpress
Dec 30, 2012

Jam Buddies

M_Sinistrari posted:

I don't know if it depends on the companion, but with some all it takes is one flirt and they're convinced you've hooked up. On my first Smuggler I flirted once with Corso and he kept giving my girl all the romance talk whereas with my replacement smuggler was mean to him constantly and he only bitched when she hooked up with everyone other than him.

It's not that difficult to understand. Every romancable companion has extra romance dialogues. If, during them, you choose flirt options instead if turning them down, it turns on the romance. This happens with every one of them. This is why on my Jedi Knight Doc flirted once in his conversations, and after I firmly told him no (twice in one conversation) he never flirted again.

The same thing happens with all the base game companions.

KittyEmpress
Dec 30, 2012

Jam Buddies

DVL ends in two days, so this tuesday, (11/29) not next tuesday (12/5)

KittyEmpress
Dec 30, 2012

Jam Buddies

Sassassin, the more you talk the more bad your opinions sound. I don't think you actually believe half of he things you say, because you make pubbies on the official forum's lore section sound well reasoned and argued.

KittyEmpress
Dec 30, 2012

Jam Buddies

Does the lightning tuning copy your crystal color on guns, or is it always the yellow color?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

KittyEmpress
Dec 30, 2012

Jam Buddies

Played for two and a half hours tonight. Between heroic missions (all of DK and Imp Balmorra's) and 4 space missions, I got 8 levels. Then i spent the next half hour doing normal missions on nar Shaddaa and got another level.

9 levels in less than 3 hours. I honestly don't understand how anyone can be under leveled.

• Locked thread