Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
neurotic
Apr 27, 2013

Thanks for taking the time to write up a really good summary Medullah. No mention of the DvL event though? It's one of the only things that keeps me logging in...

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

neurotic
Apr 27, 2013

Medullah posted:

Well, from the OP,

But it is after the trailer.

mmm yes not sure how I missed that, sorry.

neurotic
Apr 27, 2013

Waffles Inc. posted:

Being able to plow through trash even faster since a lot of accessing the story is just going through the MMO motions

to be fair, it is a loving MMO.

neurotic
Apr 27, 2013

Waffles Inc. posted:

i mean yeah, technically speaking yeah, but KOTFE especially is barely an MMO. Yeah you *can* do Flashpoints and Operations and PVP, but it's ostensibly a single-player game

Fair enough, there is more single player story content than typical MMO content at the moment. Hopefully that changes at some point.

neurotic
Apr 27, 2013

has it been confirmed that we won't be able to progress any DvL achievements once the event is over? Basically what I'm asking is if I start a bunch of new characters during the event, can I complete the level 50 achievements after the event is over (but the characters were still created during the event, and so will have the DvL flag set) to complete the final tier?

neurotic
Apr 27, 2013

Medullah posted:

Yes, the event is over when it ends.
Right, a vague answer to a specific question doesn't really help but thanks for the reply.

neurotic
Apr 27, 2013

prefect posted:

If it were possible to get achievements and rewards after the event is over, then it's not really over, is it?

And that is my question, which isn't clear to me. Does the ending of the event include the impossibility of earning any achievements on characters created during the event? You have to make assumptions to say yes. Anyways, I'll just assume yes and be like everyone else.

neurotic
Apr 27, 2013

Medullah posted:

It's not meant to be vague. DvL is an event, not a permanent addition to the game. It has a set end date, so the achievements for completing goals during the event must be achieved during the event.

It's the same with every event. They may bring it back again sometime, but the event must be going.

But it isn't the same with every event. During Bounty Contract Week, bounties exist that don't exist otherwise. During the Rhakghoul event, an area that doesn't normally exist in the game is turned on. The DvL achievements state things like this: "Defeat 50 Gree Droids with any character created during the Dark vs Light event." See the difference?

neurotic
Apr 27, 2013

Nerd Of Prey posted:

I'm guessing two major things will happen that will mess up any achievements you try to get later:

1. The special DvL flag will be deleted from all those characters so they will effectively stop being special DvL characters.

2. The DvL packs (edit: and other rewards) will no longer be available at all, and will no longer be awarded even if you could bust out the actual achievements.

Again, these are guesses, but I will be really, really surprised if either one is wrong.

Yeah that does sound reasonable, and I agree with the general consensus that the achievements won't be able to be completed after the event is turned off. I'm just getting a little nervous that they will gently caress something up, this seems a bit tricky for them to handle correctly.

neurotic
Apr 27, 2013

As interesting as the new lore is, I do wish they just continued with the KOTOR lore, there is so much from the comics and KOTOR 2 to draw from. I realize they wanted to go in a totally new direction, given that they thought KOTOR was about Revan, but I preferred KOTOR 2. Too bad all we get as a reference to KOTOR 2 is the Exile (outside of the cosmetic gear, Kreia's robes for example).

neurotic
Apr 27, 2013

Medullah posted:

So I never noticed before, but the beast and droid companion customizations aren't bind on pickup. Since I have years worth of purple Jawa scrap I bought an Akk Dog customization and listed it for 2 million credits. Sold almost instantly.

Figured I'd share this tip for people who have purple scrap and are low on cash. Of course it's likely that they will eventually add the grade 10 mats to the Jawa vendors but for now the only use for purple scrap is buying grade 6 droid/beast companion gifts.

That is a really good tip. Also, if you still have Cartel Market Certificates (used to come out of cartel packs), I have found that purchasing female Twi'lek dancers from the decorations vendor on the Fleet can net you around $1MM credits (on the Harbinger). Males don't sell easily, but when they do they sell for a bit more (so if you can wait a week or 2, go with the male Twi'leks. The Twi'lek sex worker market is alive and well.

neurotic
Apr 27, 2013

woops forgot to edit this post, too much xmas drank.

neurotic
Apr 27, 2013

neurotic posted:

Lore wise, there is a flashpoint that involves Revan and the Exile. It is pretty bittersweet coming out of KOTOR 2. Canonically the exile from KOTOR 2 is female. If you are into lore, do not ignore the flashpoint quests. You can actually solo most of the flashpoints in the game (it will actually have a "Solo mode" as an option).

neurotic
Apr 27, 2013

Orange Fluffy Sheep posted:

I saw this guy posting about the missile animation last year and then I find out he's the asshat who got the incel thread I made get gassed, and then he gets banned for the missile animation again? I had a strange feeling of deja vu because it's so like the last time he got smacked down really hard for posting about the missile animation.

What the gently caress even is this missile animation that he keeps posting about forever? I looked it up last year and I couldn't find anything. What is even happening?
In the original animation for tracer missile, your Merc would bend over like he was taking a dump, and a missile would shoot out of his back. It was pretty annoying to see that animation over and over, I think the new animation is an improvement.

neurotic
Apr 27, 2013

Medullah posted:

Oh yeah, he's bigger than the Wampa. Greatest cartel companion yet.

holy poo poo. I have to have him.

neurotic
Apr 27, 2013

what are the chances of them trying to roll this back somehow, as in restoring their databases to a prior state, or adjusting CXP levels somehow? thinking of logging on to do some planetary missions, but concerned that it will all be wiped away due to "exploits"

neurotic
Apr 27, 2013

is it just me or is anyone else hearing lightsaber sounds in the background, even if you are alone in your stronghold?

neurotic
Apr 27, 2013

DAVE!!!(c)(tm) posted:

When you hear this, open up your Galactic Command menu and mouse over the Warzones icon. It's the sound from that continuously playing. This always shuts it off for me.

Thanks, that did the trick.

neurotic
Apr 27, 2013

if you live on a train, aren't you technically homeless?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

neurotic
Apr 27, 2013

can you make it so that the hologram changes color depending on your alignment? neutral would be white of course.

• Locked thread