Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
madstrike
Jun 10, 2013

Hey, made an account for this and start a jedi knight character on Jedi Covenant. Never played this before ... but all these talk about being able to solo a lot of the game is appealing since i'm a bit tired of grouping with random morons in WOW for the last 2-3 years.

Anyway, do i need to reach some specific level to be able to join a (goon) guild? When i go to the guild screen, i only see 3 panels with the "benefits" of joining a guild and nothing else :s

(I bought the Amazon bundle so i'm not on a F2P account, i think)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

madstrike
Jun 10, 2013

No no, i meant: when i go to the guild screen, 3 panels show up with that info. No guild browser or list or whatever.

So was wondering if there's a required level to join a guild?

madstrike
Jun 10, 2013

Lozareth posted:

'Sup fellow former Marvel Heroes player. I re-subbed to this about a week ago too and I really should get in the goon guild. It was the game I played before MH.

Hey Loz!

--

So yeah, the game is what i thought it was before i played (SW: WoW) but i don't mind it actually, it's nice to not have to 'discover' mechanics and just get on with it.

Although i see that they still on the idea that classes having a tons of abilities and complicated rotations is a good thing, at least from these first 18-20 levels :s

One question though: i started a Jedi Knight and chose a Defense Guardian. Am i locked to the defense part? Or , from what i read, i need to grind some legacy points to be able to change specs? That the only way ?

madstrike
Jun 10, 2013

neurotic posted:

But it isn't the same with every event. During Bounty Contract Week, bounties exist that don't exist otherwise. During the Rhakghoul event, an area that doesn't normally exist in the game is turned on. The DvL achievements state things like this: "Defeat 50 Gree Droids with any character created during the Dark vs Light event." See the difference?

Not sure how it is here but seems like those "Bounty Contract Week" events are recurring events while DvL is one-time-only event. So when it ends, everything related to it does too.

---

Noob question 1: so with the super xp bonus going on, i'm leveling way too fast for the pace of the 'normal' progression line so i'm pretty much only doing "main story" quests and other "pink" ones.

So my question is, are those other "pink" ones required for anything or can i just ignore them and focus only on the main story? What i mean by other is: after Coruscant, i went to Taris (Republic side) i think and besides the main story quest there, a few others showed up (deal with some Torluka, some medical thingie, corrupt guy running a camp,etc).

Noob question 2: is chat faction locked? Or can Imps and Reps use the same chat? If so, is there a 'global' goon chat channel for the PVE server? (Jedi Covenant?) If not, do we a discord channel or something like that?

madstrike
Jun 10, 2013

prefect posted:

Yep. Although the planetary story quests have some quality goodness in them, so I wouldn't just recommend everybody skip them. You'll never get to be a Black Bisector that way. :)

Is there a list of these "maybe you shouldn't miss this questline for cool rewards" ?

madstrike
Jun 10, 2013

prefect posted:

If you're looking for titles, you probably want this: http://dulfy.net/2013/02/07/swtor-titles-guide/

Those are the only "cool rewards" I can think of offhand.

Ah, dulfy! Forgot he/she had a SWToR section. Nice.

madstrike
Jun 10, 2013

rantmo posted:

Speaking of the game being alt-friendly, do I have to join the Guild on each character individually? Because I'm a bit of an altoholic and that seems like a pain for the people I will keep asking for Guild joining.

The rest of MMOs still haven't reached the excellence that is the GuildWars2 guild system. Account is linked to the Guild, be on how many guilds you want, select to 'represent' one at a time whenever you want.

madstrike
Jun 10, 2013

So, from that Amazon bundle + subscription (from the bundle), i have now like 3k cartel coins.

What are some good things to have that i can buy? Besides Torluka race and maybe HK-51?

madstrike
Jun 10, 2013

Are subs getting a 'new' lvl65 character token with the next xpac?

As in, i have a lvl60 one...should i use it before the xpac comes out so that i can get a new one?

madstrike
Jun 10, 2013

So, the vanilla story ends at Illum, is that it? I hope the DLC/Xpac story is a bit better cause all these "Go to X place and do Y then get back to X to get a new one" quests in the vanilla storyline are starting to annoy me :|

madstrike
Jun 10, 2013

So, what's the best way to grind up a character to 65 fast? Can i chain run and repeat those initial SOLO flashpoints for loads of XP? (Maelstorm prison and the one before)

Also, what's a good class to do this? I was thinking on doing it on a imp agent but i was liking the quests so i'd rather do it on a more 'forgetable' class (story wise).

This is on Imp side so ... Juggernaut? Marauder? Powertech? Not much complicated rotation than can clear solo flashpoints stuff fast.

(I know they're all easy solo, i just want it to be fast and be done with this DvL stuff for now)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

madstrike
Jun 10, 2013

Thanks Medullah for that list. I'm going to skip PVP cause i don't enjoy it but the rest seems great.

However, what do you mean by Capital Planet? (!! Noob alert !!)

• Locked thread