Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
dmboogie
Oct 4, 2013

Macdeo Lurjtux posted:

So apparently I have like 2100 cartel coins. Are there any particular legacy unlocks at level 1 I should buy?

Rocket boots. Fast travel. Nyoom.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

dmboogie
Oct 4, 2013

i too enjoy spending hours of my life doing hours of sidequests that get insanely old after the first time in order to barely keep up with the levels required to let me experience the cool and interest parts i actually play the game for

dmboogie
Oct 4, 2013

so are you just threadshitting or are you actually that much of a grognard

dmboogie
Oct 4, 2013

like seriously, all the planetary quests and even a lot of the exploration quests are cool and good to go through once (and maybe even twice for different resolutions/class dialogue) but i don't think it's a controversial opinion that 100%ing every quest on Coruscant for the fourth time isn't the slightest bit fun

Rorrschach posted:

Funny, I've never had that problem.

like that's fine but you're weirdly confrontational and rude abut it my guy

dmboogie fucked around with this message at 03:36 on May 1, 2017

dmboogie
Oct 4, 2013

Rorrschach posted:

Safe space is over there.

wow....... you triggered me..... what a special snowflake millennial i am.................................... ive been...................................OWned

dmboogie
Oct 4, 2013

hey this game is pretty cool right

I've gotta say, after running through Imperial Balmorra four times it was very satisfying to finally kill Darth Lachris as the Consular.

dmboogie
Oct 4, 2013

the Eternal Empire (the storyline you boost to) is pretty decent but it's nowhere near as good as the class storylines, and a lot of the big moments of the EE poo poo will fall flat for you if you have no idea who the returning characters are.

dmboogie
Oct 4, 2013

HebrewMagic posted:

SWTOR KNIGHTS OF THE ETERNAL THRONE - anything but Consular

Consular is my highest level Pub character at the moment and I actually really like their storyline so far. :shobon: It's cool to play a Jedi as an actual archaeologist and diplomat, and I find it kinda funny how after Act One you're just casually carrying an assload of people around on your ship. Qyzen is a really unique companion, too.

dmboogie
Oct 4, 2013

euphronius posted:

When people say DS or LS warrior or whatever do they just mean choosing the dark side option like 80% of the time ?

Yep. Some of the LS/DS options are gray enough that it doesn't feel too unnatural to choose the opposite of your usual (especially with the Agent) but most of the time it's better to just stick with one or the other if you want your character to have any semblance of a consistent personality.

dmboogie fucked around with this message at 19:59 on May 15, 2017

dmboogie
Oct 4, 2013

fruit on the bottom posted:

Trooper is either FemShep or Varric/Captain America so you can't go wrong there

Honestly most of the classes have fantastic VA work for both genders (though the male IA is my favorite voice actor in the entire game)

dmboogie
Oct 4, 2013

Airspace posted:

I've never played Male Consular, I've only played Female Consular.

Especially since I heard the romance was mostly Daddy Issues: The Jedi.

Even if it wasn't for that, I have to assume that the fact that you don't even recruit her until Act Three means it'd be insanely rushed anyways. It's kinda hilarious how late you get both the Consular's romances compared to other classes. I'm just gonna save mine for Lana. :v:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

dmboogie
Oct 4, 2013

Medullah posted:

Clarified that a bit for you.

kinda hilarious that kaliyo ends up being one of the healthier relationships in the game, esp. since you only nominally have authority over her

• Locked thread