Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Dalris Othaine
Oct 14, 2013

I think, therefore I am inevitable.

prefect posted:

Apologies for being a picker of nits, but Senya's last name is "Tirall".

Also afaik the High Justice's name only has one "I" in it. "Vaylin".

:goonsay:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dalris Othaine
Oct 14, 2013

M_Sinistrari posted:

I can't wait to read the SWTOR forums when the news on that new Party Jawa hits. There's been a substantial amount of threads asking for it to be made available in some way for the people who didn't get it for whatever reasons and drat if those threads aren't a magnet for the longtime subscriber crowd who takes the sub gifts as Serious Business to act like even making it available on the Cartel Market would cause massive unsubbing, the shutdown of the game and the complete collapse of the Star Wars franchise . I figure the accusations of because all those whiny entitled have nots complained about daring to want what they didn't have took away content development resources for the game so these unworthy could have a new Party Jawa should be glorious with the wailing and gnashing of teeth.

I swear, with how serious some of the long time subscribers take the sub gifts, I really wouldn't be surprised to see a post telling someone who's sub lapsed during a tragic death in the family or a near death hospitalization that it's all their fault they let their sub lapse because they should've put the game first.

For more on this topic, see the Star Trek Online thread. Internet nerds get incredibly sensitive about "muh ecks loosives", especially in space it seems. Hopefully TOR won't do the same thing STO is :ohdear:

Dalris Othaine
Oct 14, 2013

Medullah posted:

I wouldn't be opposed to setting up a group Sunday night if there's interest to kill the ops bosses needed. Should only take an hour or two.

I'd be down.

Also it's sort of funny seeing people post how they feel about the new stuff.

"Man, TOR sucks, it's barely an MMO anymore! :argh: "

"Man, TOR is great! It's barely an MMO anymore! :toot: "

like for real if you don't like where it is, quit until it turns back the way you want. don't hold out and keep playing just because a dev farted out a morse code pattern saying "nightmare mode battle of odessen" at a cantina event - just take a break until there's actual stuff you want to play. nobody will judge you for it here! in the words of a mechanical fish, "don't worry, be happy"

however if you're one of the people like me who are stoked for where the game is at the moment, keep on keepin' on :cool:

Dalris Othaine
Oct 14, 2013

Twelve Elves posted:

Oh hey so I have like 1400 cartel moneys now and I've unlocked all of the quick travel options I need. What's my best bet for turning that into sweet space money to spend on hats?

Hypercrates?

Also people aren't kidding about the EXP, I leveled two characters from 1 to 50 on Saturday. As in, the whole way :psyduck:

Dalris Othaine
Oct 14, 2013

Medullah posted:

Koth is just upset that his show, Space-CSI got cancelled.

Motherfucker I knew I recognized that guy from somewhere.

Also,

Nerd Of Prey posted:

I think any reasonable fan of this game would recognize that it has its pros and cons, but it's generally agreed that the story aspect is the one big selling point. It seems like every character and situation is pissing you off in some way. If you're not enjoying the story, you really would be better off just playing something else, because SWTOR is going to keep on being the same game no matter how much you play it.

At the very least, you could maybe keep this continuous stream of negativity to yourself, or find another outlet for it, cause you're fuckin' bumming people out, man.

someone talking about something they dislike on something awful dot com???? burn the witch

Dalris Othaine
Oct 14, 2013

also, (spoilered, datamined) signs point to us doing more active poo poo with the emperor in KOTET, so that could be interesting at least.

Dalris Othaine
Oct 14, 2013

Aargh I have a super cool costume thing in progress but I might not have time to finish by Sunday D:

Maybe I'll just do a screenshot version and post the whole thing afterward.

Dalris Othaine
Oct 14, 2013

Step 1: Buy a fancy dress.

Step 2: Obtain throne.

Step 3: Refuse to ever give a gently caress again, you win.

Dalris Othaine
Oct 14, 2013

Medullah posted:

My point is that the game can easily be played very simply for those that think there are too many buttons, while maintaining a level of complexity for those that enjoy the MMORPG side of things. I never played WoW, but I don't think it uses 4 moves per character either. I stand by my statement that this game is incredibly simplistic and doesn't require you to use a third of your available moveset in order to play the story.

Which is something the game is still terrible at communicating to the player - who is going to think "i have all these new buttons, time to never use these old ones again because the new ones are better!"? No, people are like "sweet, another lightning button, haha gently caress you Thanaton, LIGHTNIIIIIIIIIING"

Or alternately "gently caress my bh has all these buttons and I forget what half do halp this is confusing D:"

Dalris Othaine
Oct 14, 2013

That arctic scout armor :stwoon:

I love the normal looking ones

Dalris Othaine
Oct 14, 2013

sassassin posted:

Tharan is creepy but harmless and definitely talented enough to be useful. Worth keeping around.

Lokin spends the whole first planet lying to the agent, all the while acting like a good friend. It's hard not to resent that same routine on the ship afterwards.

He builds a generator that runs on a form of energy that doesn't actually exist! Tharan's got mad skills.

Dalris Othaine
Oct 14, 2013

Medullah posted:

If you're on Jedi Covenant we can coordinate some runs. Dalris needs a few too, and if you can tank I can DPS which seems to have been a sticking point in our runs.

This. ^^^

Dalris Othaine
Oct 14, 2013

Medullah posted:

So if anyone wants to do a Hard Mode Flashpoint or two tomorrow night, post here what you can play (DPS, Tank, Heals) and on what factions. I will be available to fill any role needed.

Imp deeps/heals/love doctor

Dalris Othaine
Oct 14, 2013

dreffen posted:

Is it worth it to organize a plague circle to kill each other for DvL?

Probably not, infecting pubbies is really easy.

Dalris Othaine
Oct 14, 2013

howe_sam posted:

Why are Flashpoints so long, and why is there so much trash? I suppose I shouldn't complain because it's helping me grind to 65, but still... :negative:

You really don't have to do Flashpoints to get to 65 :)

Dalris Othaine
Oct 14, 2013

I will be here tonight and tomorrow.

Dalris Othaine
Oct 14, 2013

Mr. Maggy posted:

light side sith warrior is hilarious

no one has any idea how to react to you the entire storyline

LS warrior is (one of?) my absolute favorites because it helps underscore that Light Side =/= "Good Person". At least as far as Bioware's LS goes, anyway. When you basically troll Jedi so hard they fall to the dark side, it's hard to argue that it's a positive act of benevolence :v:

Then again, it's the sort of technicality the Jedi Council would love, so?

Also, one thing I really loved about the BH story is going about recruiting Gault. Before you get him, you really, really want to kill him. And after that he works his charm and becomes amazing and indispensable. Say what you will, but the man's got the skills.

Dalris Othaine
Oct 14, 2013

Medullah posted:

Apparently Collections unlocks are 50% off right now. Go go go.

:monocle:

Dalris Othaine
Oct 14, 2013

sassassin posted:

Have any of the romances carried forward yet?

Lana

Also I always liked the female Consular voice. She seemed to nail the balance between "serene and focused" and "not wooden or robotic" pretty well. Plus Jo Wyatt is amazing in almost anything (Fem Agent)

Dalris Othaine
Oct 14, 2013

Aleth posted:

Tora is way better than Koth and deserved more screen-time.

everyone else : ohnooo the Commander is injured what will we dooo

Tora: CAN I HAVE HER STUFF

Tora is the best. :colbert:

Dalris Othaine
Oct 14, 2013

Fojar38 posted:

Can you also ask them to bring back our nubile padawan space girlfriends

:same:

Dalris Othaine
Oct 14, 2013

Ranvia Claus prepares to ride through Dromund Kaas giving all the good boys and girls exactly what they deserve.

Safe within her polar lair, revelers attend to the Three Wise Jawas as they await word from below.

Despite the coming judgment, the halls are festive and joyful. Colorful lights adorn the walls and ceilings, and fresh evergreens are laden with various baubles.

There's even a device set up to convert the priceless Zakuulan water sculpture into a snowblower. Impromptu snowball fights break out early and often.

But make no mistake - the Empress of the Eternal Throne has made many lists, and checked them in triplicate. She knows if you are sleeping, and she knows if you're awake. So you'd better check your loyalties, Citizen, and cut any plans for protests short.

Ranvia is coming to town. :ohdearsass:

Dalris Othaine
Oct 14, 2013

DrunkenGarbageCan posted:

You can see from the first chapter exactly where the story is going and you keep hoping it'll throw some left turns in but no it shoots straight as an arrow to the most obvious conclusion.

It does at least have a conclusion though.

Dalris Othaine
Oct 14, 2013

wazu posted:

Do Goons have a guild on Harb?

iirc no, but you can be the first!

Dalris Othaine
Oct 14, 2013

wait what did Teeseven do :ohdear:

Dalris Othaine
Oct 14, 2013

Ainsley McTree posted:

It's what's inside that counts

You are what you eat?

quote:

talks in annoying style

fight me

Dalris Othaine
Oct 14, 2013

I WANT THE GOLD PIMP CROWN

Dalris Othaine fucked around with this message at 23:01 on Jan 8, 2017

Dalris Othaine
Oct 14, 2013

also grots to the other players, we had some awesome entries :D

Dalris Othaine
Oct 14, 2013

Aleth posted:

Assuming 1st-3rd don't pick it instead it'll be yours.

:neckbeard:

Dalris Othaine
Oct 14, 2013

Medullah posted:

I don't want to tell you how to live your life, Dalris, but you can buy a Crown of Avarice for sub 1 million...the TY-4N companion is 7.8 million...

But it's completely up to you. :)

I was thinking about it, but I realized I would never be able to justify dropping that kind of cash on it, where a companion or whatever is actually useful. If I can't get awesome gaudy poo poo as a prize for a christmas contest then WHAT IS CHRISTMAS EVEN FOR

Dalris Othaine
Oct 14, 2013

SWTOR needs more Nautolans in general. :cthulhu:

Dalris Othaine
Oct 14, 2013

Aphrodite posted:

So we just post to submit logs, right?

you are a god damned hero

Dalris Othaine
Oct 14, 2013

Medullah posted:

Roadmap for 2017 posted

New stronghold "With a great ocean view"
New warzone
Focus on QOL
New Flashpoint
Ability to customize Theron, Koth and Lana (so get your sexy underwear armors ready to sell on the GTN)

Sadly no mention of original tracer missile animation coming back.

welp, see you goons next year

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dalris Othaine
Oct 14, 2013

Fargin Icehole posted:

Well, he meant actually as in, you only know his name, but you actually meet him after you've finally finished taking care of the guy who put you in that position.

I actually really enjoyed hunting down Skavak. He's just so deliciously hatable, it's a fun rivalry to watch unfold.

• Locked thread