Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Bilirubin
Feb 16, 2014

The sanctioned action is to CHUG

MadDogMike posted:

I can probably hop on Sunday night to heal or DPS as needed; there are also at least some folks often looking for storymode/groupfinder ops, especially for DvL.

I could occasionally join in to tank/offtank where needed. I still haven't finished the dead masters HM ops (one or two bosses respective) or any of the later content.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bilirubin
Feb 16, 2014

Oh I've already done them SM. Just a bit OCD about seeing 3/5 or 4/5 or whatever in the HM achievements column

e. yeah they are a bit of a pill in HM though aren't they? Or were at least. Related who remembers the original Lost Island HM? UGH

Bilirubin
Feb 16, 2014

Everything I have ever heard about Evercrack makes me so glad I never had the desire to try it

Bilirubin
Feb 16, 2014

Alright, probably makes sense to level up a DvL from 0 than top off my alts elsewhere...guessing sith agent is probably the best story I have not seen yet (have seen all Repub and sith warrior in part already)?

Bilirubin
Feb 16, 2014

MC Nietzche posted:

Can you buy the account-wide Treek unlock from the GTN? Is Treek worth buying?

Treek is a little murderous furball that can keep you alive very well highly recommended

Bilirubin
Feb 16, 2014

My pumpkin spiced Rakata outfit

Bilirubin
Feb 16, 2014

Sombrerotron posted:

It's occurred to me that the video I made is cheating a bit, given that it shows multiple outfits, so in the name of fairness I've decided to choose just one costume as my entry. After some hmm-ing and ahh-ing, giving due consideration to my Brogent and Happy He-Man outfits, I've decided to settle on this one instead:

It's admittedly a little less creative than the other two, but I'm just PRETTY AS A PONY.

Should call that look Victorian Upholstery very nice!

e. also I am glad I am not the only one who decorated their stronghold in achievement portraits and called it done

Bilirubin
Feb 16, 2014

Twelve Elves posted:

Opened a few hypercrates this morning. Rey's speeder is good, right?

Nah. I'll take it off you if you don't want it :)

Bilirubin
Feb 16, 2014

Yeah congrats all very nice space Barbies!

Bilirubin
Feb 16, 2014

Its is confusing when leveling a new class to have all these new buttons popping up but once you get to endgame and have the full rotation for your chosen spec its really simple--I have my "complex to play" Shadow tank down cold. lol though if you are clicking task bar items at that point though--keybind those actions!

Bilirubin
Feb 16, 2014

Slim Killington posted:

I would've killed so many companions. So many. Kaliyo, Aric, Bowdaar, Guss, Tharan, Nadia, Corso, Jaesa, Lokin, Mako. I hate all of them. Terrible character writing.

I would have romanced the hell out of Nadia had same sex options been part of the original game. I just want to pinch her cheeks but would hate to smudge her face lines

Bilirubin
Feb 16, 2014

Medullah posted:

Right now everyone is either taking a break or grinding DvL for the most part.

I would love it if we could get enough people for a weekly raid, even if it's an easy story mode raid, once 5.0 drops. Just never can seem to get enough people interested for any length of time.

In! Can tank pub side and will get my imp dps to max level in about a day at this pace...

Bilirubin
Feb 16, 2014

CeeCee posted:

I need to do the tacts for DvL and will be on. If you don't see a cran imp side, it means I'm on my consular so come get me.

E: That goes for anyone really. I didn't think I'd get as far in the DvL thing and now I want to get that last bit done.

When can I start running tacticals? Is it a max level thing?

My Agent is rapidly climbing levels by doing story line quests, the main planetary series (which I have not seen Imp side), and heroics. Should be at 50 by the time I leave Nar Shaddaa

Bilirubin
Feb 16, 2014

Same.

At least its not EVE though.

Bilirubin
Feb 16, 2014

Medullah posted:

90cc cartel coin transfers from 11/29-1/18!

gently caress yeah

Bilirubin
Feb 16, 2014

M_Sinistrari posted:

I don't know if it depends on the companion, but with some all it takes is one flirt and they're convinced you've hooked up. On my first Smuggler I flirted once with Corso and he kept giving my girl all the romance talk whereas with my replacement smuggler was mean to him constantly and he only bitched when she hooked up with everyone other than him.

Risha is my wifu IRL now I think PUT THE GUN DOWN DARLING

Bilirubin
Feb 16, 2014

Aleth posted:

Might be obtainable via gifts and whatnot.

Another "throw X number of snowballs" achievement?

Bilirubin
Feb 16, 2014

Watcher 2 is weaponized autism

Bilirubin
Feb 16, 2014

Right now you can safely just ignore the planetary missions and still well outlevel whatever planet it is.

I mean, I get how having two independent race against time missions can ruin ones ~immersion~ in the story, but then I repeat to myself "its just a game, I should really just relax"

Bilirubin
Feb 16, 2014

Alter Ego posted:

Could be worse, guys. He could be bitching about the tracer missile animation.

Fair point. But then, who knows how many would resub were it to be changed back to original? :iiam:

Bilirubin
Feb 16, 2014

gently caress this, going to get a Naga soonest

Bilirubin
Feb 16, 2014

Berke Negri posted:

Really enjoying the lethality op changes in PVP so far. Currently been trying out the new utilities and liking the one that turns overload shot in to a knockback shot with extended range and counter measures heals you + drops two kotlo probes on you at once. Also the new noxious gas AoE is pretty useful for shutting down an objective for a short time and the replacement for carbine burst actually reliably hits people so I can spread dots. Overall feeling a lot more sturdy and damaging so far.

That AoE in PvE is laughably OP I am loving it

Bilirubin
Feb 16, 2014

Bulky Bartokomous posted:

Dumb question, do strongholds grant rest xp?

Yes I think so

Bilirubin
Feb 16, 2014

sassassin posted:

Congrats on your basic reading comprehension skills?

Quesh has an arbitrary check where you need to be level 33 to go down, even though the game is so easy nothing there can kill me below that.
]

hahaha during my 10 minutes on Quesh for the story line I hit level 67, and Medullah has already teased me for my slow leveling :v:

Bilirubin
Feb 16, 2014

sassassin posted:

Have you been playing the character for a long time?

No, started it a few weeks ago (so have the DvL bonus for most of it). I only play for a bit here and there. I have only been doing heroics, class story, and planet story from time to time

I'm a bad MMO player

Bilirubin
Feb 16, 2014

poptart_fairy posted:

I don't understand a single thing going on in Rishi. I might have to start fresh and bring myself up to speed on the storyline. :psyduck:

Yarr ye Red Hulls be intruding where they arrrrrrrrrren't desirrrrrrred. Shiver me mouse droids

Bilirubin
Feb 16, 2014

Medullah posted:

Oh yeah, forgot about that one. Still more efficient to get as many Xeno kills in on as many toons as you can in a week. :)

The offhands are either 8 or 6 of the tokens, the Gree main hands are 24 tokens I believe. I actually really like the Gree lightsabers, have special techno effects which is neato.

I still love the armor, have two full sets.

Is Xeno unlocked at 50/55 or do you have to be max level again?

Bilirubin
Feb 16, 2014

Yay more grindier!

Bilirubin
Feb 16, 2014

Strudel Man posted:

Just finished off chapter 1 of imperial agent - can you actually join up with Darth Jadus? Seems like it would be rather transformative, even if he tells you right afterward to stay on in Intelligence.

I mean, the whole problem with the MMO thing is a lack of any meaningful world impact even when the cutscenes indicate that there should be, but even so, it'd be a pretty extreme case.

It would be total Bioware, but I can't say because I selected the option gently caress this guy

Bilirubin fucked around with this message at 02:14 on Dec 7, 2016

Bilirubin
Feb 16, 2014

prefect posted:

Nope, it's supposed to feel like it came out of nowhere. You haven't missed anything.

Yeah it was very well done, left me feeling legitimately pissed and ready to murder those involved.

Bilirubin
Feb 16, 2014

goattrails posted:

Well I tried whispering some guy in goon squad but after i replied who I was, there was radio silence.

I guess I'll try again later.

Sometimes people don't know how to do it. I confess it took me a few minutes to remember the command when I got my first request.

/ginvite playername for the record.

Bilirubin
Feb 16, 2014

Trast posted:

No sale. :smith:

Counterpoint: the animation for tracer miss.....

Bilirubin
Feb 16, 2014

VideoGames posted:

Write this on my tombstone.

VG best mod ever :kimchi:

Bilirubin
Feb 16, 2014

Having a debate with myself. On the one hand, I figure its time to finally see the KotFE/ET content. On the other, I am missing a JK/SW buff :v:

Bilirubin
Feb 16, 2014

Original Lost Island HM was no joke.

Bilirubin
Feb 16, 2014

Gramps posted:

I don't know if the goon guild is still active, but I'd love an invite. What do I need to get in?

See the OP

Or get on Discord and ask there

Bilirubin
Feb 16, 2014

Jazzy Jones posted:

What the hell, where is old raid gear? Rakata n stuff from release days ? Where are all old tier sets ... . Only legacy vendor on fleet but that is just uh... :(. Game changed a lot for sure in last uhm 4 years?

All long gone, unless you had some stored in your lockers.

Bilirubin
Feb 16, 2014

Aleth posted:

Also for the new page:

Medullah - how long do you want to run the contest for? I was thinking people might be a bit rushed to get it done before Christmas but on the other hand leaving it until January or whenever might be a bit long.

Let it go to Orthodox Christmas

Bilirubin
Feb 16, 2014

I am only to chapter 7 of Fallen Empire and so far I find the story line amazing but the gameplay really boring. Yes, lets just drop a bunch of sky troopers on the path from cutscene 12 to cutscene 13. Its really more like a movie than a game so far. We'll try it on veteran mode next I guess.

Not sure how people can play through it with an instant character however. Seeing how the characters I have been with for the length of the game deal with this new situation adds a ton to one's backstory.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bilirubin
Feb 16, 2014

Its the tracer missile animation right?

• Locked thread