Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
VideoGames
Aug 18, 2003
I will subscribe to SWTOR if they bring back the original Tracer Missile animation.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

VideoGames
Aug 18, 2003
Sorry I couldn't resist.

VideoGames
Aug 18, 2003

Dark Juno posted:

Thought this might be the appropriate thread to post this.

I like this game, and I like 5.0.

:eyepop:
:popeye:

VideoGames
Aug 18, 2003

Dark Juno posted:

I tried to kill myself again 6 hours ago. Tried and failed, disappointingly. I walked down to my local railroad and waited for 3 hours for a train to pass. Eventually one did. Trains are scary as gently caress, especially trying to stand in front of one. Just the sheer size of them, and that horn they blow when they're in urban areas. I wanted to walk into that train and accept my fate, but I chickened out. Oh well, if I ever want to kill myself again I know I can just play this game or read the forums until my rage reaches breaking point again. And I'll get my chance again, afterall this is only the second time this game has driven me to attempt suicide.

I left a suicide note on my computer directly blaming Bioware and EA for taking away the very last thing in this world that makes me happy. I also mentioned my childhood rape that has now made it impossible for me to be in a loving relationship with anyone, and the end of my medical career from depression caused by the suicide of of my friends and the sudden onset of epileptic seizures. Despite all that, I found happiness again when this game launched. I found happiness again in the original Tracer Missile animation. Hilarious isn't it? Well my feelings don't follow the world view of others.

But who cares right? My life and happiness aren't important. No, it's FAR more important to make sure stupid forum assholes don't mistake firing a rocket with making GBS threads themselves.

Write this on my tombstone.

VideoGames
Aug 18, 2003

Dark Juno posted:

I bought this account to read the Breath of Fire 2 LP

See you in a month, friend!

VideoGames
Aug 18, 2003

Dark Juno posted:

Well I'd like to come back and play this game again, but it's unplayable right now without the original Tracer Missile animation.

Good lord. Good grief. Goodness me.
I cannot believe you have kept this gimmick up for so many months.

In fact it is nearly a year and a quarter of that was on probation for this gimmick. Hats off to you.

Also, please stop.

VideoGames
Aug 18, 2003

Medullah posted:

More than a year if you consider he's been doing it on the official forums and Reddit as well! Dedication!

You're kidding me... Good lord!

Bilirubin posted:

He'll never stop VG. This is a sacred mission of his, for whatever brainbroke reason.

So how is mining these days?

Mining is, as ever, the most chill of all video gaming experiences I've had. I can now pilot every single Ore Mining vessel!! :D

VideoGames
Aug 18, 2003

Dark Juno posted:

A comment about pacing of progression.

Players tend to want to stick to the fastest pace of progression that the game allows. Given that the leveling process in this game is so quick, players become used to flying through content, which leads to problems in the end game when progression grinds to a halt (ala GCXP). Bioware have shot themselves in the foot several times with this game, and increasing XP gains/reducing the time to level to max is one of them.

Not to mention the lack of a tracer missile animation, amirite???????

VideoGames
Aug 18, 2003

Dark Juno posted:

Maybe Bioware should stop catering to forum whiners and create some kind of vision for the game and stick with it, like keeping the original Tracer Missile they designed themselves and launched the game with.

I thought you'd changed, man. I thought you'd grown and realised and understood. I thought we were friends, putting the past behind us. Laying waste to those dreams of animation, to the good times we had, the simpler times.

Now I know. Now I've come to see the truth behind the facade. It was never about us. It was never about healing. It was never even about the tracer missile animation. Sure the words might have been there and anyone else reading them might have seen a simple, if oft repeated request. "Why does he want a tracer missile animation?" they might wonder.

It's what's lurking there between the lines. It's not the animation. It's the carefree attitude that once was so vibrant in our world. "The happiness of youth" they call it but they don't get it. One minute you're immersed in a game. you're smiling and enjoying and have lost yourself in the world. You're that rogue, that bounty hunter, that hero, that champion. Then a change comes that you could not predict and the world darkens just a little.

Every time you play it again you are about to get involved when the change disrupts the play. The way you were is the way you can no longer be. It's a stark reminder. It's a hole where once there was nothing but joy and nothing can bring it back. Sure, the change could be reverted, but it won't be the same. You'll be reminded that there have been changes to your fantasy egg and nothing will put the shell back together the way it was.

This is the sad truth of the tracer missile animation.

I think we can all relate.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

VideoGames
Aug 18, 2003
He truly was the Icarus.

• Locked thread