Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Ainsley McTree
Feb 19, 2004

Medullah posted:

Just had an Uprising. Started it, threw a snowball at a dude.

"DON'T THROW THAT loving poo poo IN HERE MAN"

"I can't help it, each package is an easy 20 CXP"

"Just knock it off"

Of course turned into 3 people hitting him with snowballs.

"YOU'RE ON THE IGNORE LIST"

Leaves group.

Hahaha

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ainsley McTree
Feb 19, 2004

Speaking of money, what are the go-to easy money gathering/mission skills now? It looks like they've changed the rewards for it on me (UT no longer rewards gifts I guess?) and I don't know what the economy is like anymore.

Ainsley McTree
Feb 19, 2004

I am the emperor of the galaxy...it is time to make a demonstration of my supreme and unlimited power

~~piff~~

Ainsley McTree
Feb 19, 2004

McSpanky posted:

It's really too bad they didn't do that for more companions, it's almost worth a second SW playthrough just to get the other Jaesa.

On that note; which of the three marauder specs is the easiest to play? It's the only AC I haven't tried yet and I figure it's time.

Ainsley McTree
Feb 19, 2004

I am a luddite and I don't know how discord works. If you're only using a single monitor, is there a way to set it up so that you can play SWTOR full screen and see the discord chat window at the same time? I've fiddled with the overlay but it doesn't seem to work with SWTOR, or if it does, I don't know how.

I know there's a phone app but I don't really like that solution. Just wondering if there's a better way than using windowed borderless and alt-tabbing.

Ainsley McTree
Feb 19, 2004

Also, I finished KOTFE and have a question: What exactly does the weapon that you create in chapter 12do? I'm guessing it gives you access to those two extra abilities during the boss fight with Arcann in chapter 16. Anything else?

Ainsley McTree
Feb 19, 2004

It's cool that there's so many resolutions to the end of agent ch. 1 but i wish any of them had any significant impact on the rest of the story

Ainsley McTree
Feb 19, 2004

i wish i'd known that was a thing or i'd have submitted fat hennimore

Ainsley McTree
Feb 19, 2004

Is there a go-to site for class guides now? Either I've forgotten how to navigate Dulfy's site, or she isn't keeping it up to date for SWTOR anymore; some of the classes seem to be missing entirely for 4.0 (Vanguard DPS for example).

I could just look up the powertech guide and try to remember what the pub versions of the abilities are, but...:effort:

Ainsley McTree
Feb 19, 2004

While we're wishing for things let mercs use rifles pls

Ainsley McTree
Feb 19, 2004

Yeah I was never clear on why the light side just winning and getting rid of the dark side was ever a bad thing

Oh no, no more galactic warfare and slavery, this is just as bad as when Vader was choking people

But mon mothma's EMAILS

Ainsley McTree
Feb 19, 2004

Conskill posted:

It's helpful to remember there's a gulf between what the trilogies said about the Dark Side and how it got portrayed in the EU (particularly video game series like KOTOR and Jedi Knight). There's totally room for confusion when the Dark Side is taken up to be the power of passion and emotion in life.

But if we just care about the movies, yeah, it's hard to interpret the Dark Side as anything but cackling villains in desperate need of a glowbatting.

Even then though; im not intimately familiar with the EU, but from what I have seen, I haven't seen any examples of anybody embracing the cool parts of the dark side without becoming cackling villains. The closest I've seen is in SWTOR actually, some of the consular's choices are like "LS: report kissing teenagers to the authorities because love against the rules / DS: just leave them alone it doesn't matter". But then it moves back into "actually, the dark side is evil" territory after that.

Ainsley McTree
Feb 19, 2004

Kaysette posted:

I do like that SWTOR divorces LS/DS from the faction of choice. Jedi don't all have to be perfect choirboys all the time and Sith Lords aren't all murderhobos and sadists, but that doesn't make them inherently opposed to that faction's large scale goals. I don't know enough about Star Wars force lore to contribute much, but I'm surprised by the negative reaction to the yin/yang model of the force versus the clearly good/evil dichotomy. I find the former more interesting but certainly not present in the movies.

It's definitely more interesting, and I wish it were actually followed through on

Ainsley McTree
Feb 19, 2004

Actual game-related question; can someone give me the idiots guide to playing AP power tech in pve? I'm jumping right into it at level 65 and I'm overheating immediately. I feel like I'm probably just not getting the rotation right, though.

Ainsley McTree
Feb 19, 2004

Aphrodite posted:

Because it never happened.

After episode 3 people were wondering "okay well where's the balancing the force stuff?" So then the theory about well maybe the prophecy wasn't talking about a good thing.

But Lucas came out and said "err, um, ahh" and then he wiped some sweat from his forehead with a stack of 100s, and said it was when he killed the Emperor, eliminating the dark side forev- oops.

It's like poetry, it rhymes

Ainsley McTree
Feb 19, 2004

Thanks!

Ainsley McTree
Feb 19, 2004

Medullah posted:

[un]Ranked PvP ... is ... fun.

debatable

Although maybe i'm missing the key ingredient of "being good at it"

Ainsley McTree
Feb 19, 2004

Alright alright, let's not get mad about star wars people

Ainsley McTree
Feb 19, 2004

Cosmetically, I'm enjoying some of these new 5.0 abilities. The powertech death from above replacement is pretty baller (though apparently it's a nerf), and i like the on-demand aoe shotgun blast that scoundrels now have access to.

Ainsley McTree
Feb 19, 2004

It's like poetry, it rhymes

Ainsley McTree
Feb 19, 2004

I kind of wish they'd revisit the aesthetics of scrapper scoundrel. Punching out sith lords and giant robots was funny for the first couple hours, but after a while I'm officially tired of the meat-slapping foley sound.

I think it'd be cooler if they:

1) replaced the bludgeon animation with sucker punch (or even bring back blaster whip, bludgeon is kind of ugly)
2) replace sucker punch with some kind of cool hip fire/fan the hammer animation (yes I have been playing overwatch, why do you ask), or maybe another thing using the shotgun.

Punching out giant monsters is just...a little too silly to stick with for the long term.

Ainsley McTree
Feb 19, 2004

McSpanky posted:

I agree with more shotgunning but at the same time, anything that turns Star Wars into the Three Stooges is aces

Now I'm wishing that the scoundrel's counterpart to the operative giggle was a random three stooges sound

Ainsley McTree
Feb 19, 2004

Episode 1 sucked but the music was fine; it's still John Williams Star Wars fare, you'd never know a gungan touched it

Ainsley McTree
Feb 19, 2004

They also removed the stance buttons, aka the "here's an opportunity to make a mistake because you forgot to do a thing after swapping disciplines" buttons.

Ainsley McTree
Feb 19, 2004

Medullah posted:

But what if I'm a white dude and she's not?

what is this star trek??

Ainsley McTree
Feb 19, 2004

Glad you decided to give the game another shot

Ainsley McTree
Feb 19, 2004

I was experiencing that too when I first came back to the game a week or two ago; like you, my hardware can crush this game and turning down settings didn't help.

I wish I could tell you what I did to fix the problem but I haven't experienced it since the first day of playing :shrug:. I don't think I actually changed anything, either, it just...got better.

So uh...that doesn't specifically help you, but just hold out hope that maybe it'll go away on its own I guess?

Ainsley McTree
Feb 19, 2004

I'm playing windowed fullscreen too, actually...I didn't put it together but that must be what fixed it for me, too.

Ainsley McTree
Feb 19, 2004

Medullah posted:

You can't join cross-faction guilds, we do have Goon Squad on the Republic side but it's a bit less populated. Really though since we don't do much as far as events the highlight is just chat, and you can do that with Discord.

Even imp side guild chat is pretty dead these days to be honest. Discord is where it's at now. Which I guess is good, unless you only have one monitor and have to alt-tab to read it, then it's not as good.

Ainsley McTree
Feb 19, 2004

M_Sinistrari posted:

There is a tablet option I keep meaning to try. Don't know how well it'll work but we'll see.

I tried using it on my phone but it's not a very satisfying experience.

Ainsley McTree
Feb 19, 2004

I googled "sons of palawa" to see if I could help and I can't but I have my own question

Are there any player armors you can wear that have the neck/shoulder scarf thingy that the guy on the left is wearing? Not looking for this armor specifically, just any that have the scarf. It would look rad on an operative.

Bonus hello beautiful :wink:

Ainsley McTree
Feb 19, 2004

Aphrodite posted:

Medieval Times has a New Year's seating.

That place is for nerds

Ainsley McTree
Feb 19, 2004

sassassin posted:

Seems strange there are weeklies on Makeb given what happens to it.

Or rather it seems strange what happens to Makeb given that they wanted to have weeklies and an operation on it.

Someone hasn't done ziost yet

Ainsley McTree
Feb 19, 2004

Talos owns

Ainsley McTree
Feb 19, 2004

Catsworth posted:

Talos does own, but ya'll forgot Khem Val. He may be terrible, but he's no people. :smug:

It's what's inside that counts

Dalris Othaine posted:

wait what did Teeseven do :ohdear:

talks in annoying style

Ainsley McTree
Feb 19, 2004

Dalris Othaine posted:

You are what you eat?

fight me

Both solid taglines to the sith inquisitor story

Ainsley McTree
Feb 19, 2004

Medullah posted:

Answered my own question. Trucker Theran says "Yes, still in DPS and Heal stance"

don't you start talkin bout my mama

Ainsley McTree
Feb 19, 2004

Just have every line be "I'll be covered in blood from head to toe" imo

Question: do bountiful yield missions still reward purple mats, or is it just rich ones now?

Ainsley McTree
Feb 19, 2004

Smuggler's ok but they really have to do some stretching to make your character fit into the world in all the post-50 content imo. Smuggler story ending with being a pirate king and retiring on top of a pile of money is about where that arc should end imo

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ainsley McTree
Feb 19, 2004

All characters are relevant because they all become emperor of the eternal throne

I finished KOTET and it was cool mostly but I have a few questions:

What exactly was the point of Valkorion's whole plan? I understand that his endgame was helping you take the throne, and then possessing you so that he could take control, but like....why? When you start KOTFE, he's already sitting on the throne, his big grand plan just takes him back to where he started. Did I miss a line of dialogue or something about why he wanted to go through all that?

Are there many different outcomes based on the choices you make, or is it like a telltale game where it's just a bunch of different paths to the same endpoint? Does it matter much if you choose to kneel/accept Valkorion's help in KOTFE, or does that just come up as a line of dialogue in KOTET? I'm not super in a hurry to play through the chapters again and see for myself.

Ainsley McTree fucked around with this message at 16:13 on Jan 5, 2017

• Locked thread