Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
dreffen
Dec 3, 2005

MEDIOCRE, MORSOV!

Slim to no chance at all of being able to complete all of the DvL stuff before it ends if you start now, right?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

dreffen
Dec 3, 2005

MEDIOCRE, MORSOV!

CeeCee posted:

Gree is tomorrow and Tat rakghoul is Nov 15.

When is the earliest level you can do Gree stuff?

e: nm can just look that stuff up

dreffen
Dec 3, 2005

MEDIOCRE, MORSOV!

Medullah posted:

50 technically, but I suspect if you're low level you can group with some higher level friends and mooch credit for kills off them.

I'd started this over the weekend and got to 30 on a Shadow, figuring I'd do my Imp character after. Guess we'll see what happens!

dreffen
Dec 3, 2005

MEDIOCRE, MORSOV!

Here's a dumb question: Can you stack that DvL XP bonus armor, and an XP boost with the 2x XP bonus?

dreffen
Dec 3, 2005

MEDIOCRE, MORSOV!

M_Sinistrari posted:

Yes and it's glorious.

Ok, great. I wasn't sure if I was misremembering how good the 2x XP bonus was because I rolled a fresh character after getting those first pieces and it's bonkers.

dreffen
Dec 3, 2005

MEDIOCRE, MORSOV!

So as I'm leveling my second DvL guy it seems like it'll be pretty doable to get to the Eternal tier. One part that's kind of got me wondering though, so I figured I'd ask, is how doable the Ops and world bosses are? Can you solo the ops? I've managed to never do neither in the times I've played since release.

dreffen
Dec 3, 2005

MEDIOCRE, MORSOV!

Captain Oblivious posted:

I'm hoping that I'll still be able to hit Eternal if I start in early November. Eternal seems relatively easy overall? Blitz to 65 on two dudes, do Revan and KOTFE on one of them do a bunch of Flashpoints and hit Valor 5. Seems simple on its surface.

Legendary is pretty involved but I'm not worried about that.

Yeah that's where I think I'll stop, but I figured I'd ask about the ops and world boss stuff in case I make a push for Legendary. That and... the hard mode flash point one. Those seem like the biggest potential pains.

dreffen fucked around with this message at 00:53 on Oct 26, 2016

dreffen
Dec 3, 2005

MEDIOCRE, MORSOV!

Someone said my character looked like something out of Mad Max. And hey, why not post it for the costume contest.

If I'm gonna die, I'm gonna die historic on the Fury Road!

dreffen fucked around with this message at 13:54 on Nov 2, 2016

dreffen
Dec 3, 2005

MEDIOCRE, MORSOV!

First time playing through KOTFE and man, if the cutscenes were this good all the time.

Specifically, so far, when you're on Chapter 4, Lana and Senya fighting the Zakuul knights. Looks badass.

dreffen
Dec 3, 2005

MEDIOCRE, MORSOV!

M_Sinistrari posted:

Quinn's the one most brought up example because he was the Warrior's healer and people were having a fit over his death being permanent despite having to click on a confirmation stating killing him off was permanent. Whether the ship droid was able to be customized as a replacement healer, I'm not sure but apparently no one was for that option. From what I've read, each of the classes had the options to kill companions. Ashara was one, Kaliyo was another, Skadge was, and I think Vector was too from what I remember off the top of my head. I think Vette could be traumatized into committing suicide. There's probably more but I can't remember. I have to admit that removing the option to kill off companions was a bad decision since it's a good example of having choices matter. Hell, I know some who would love the challenge of making do without specific role companions.

Only reason I didn't kill him was that. Quinn is too much of a goon.

dreffen
Dec 3, 2005

MEDIOCRE, MORSOV!

So pugging hms is just a abject loving nightmare isn't it?

dreffen
Dec 3, 2005

MEDIOCRE, MORSOV!

Well I'm hitting a wall on Czerka corporate on the first boss, as a tank. I'm a good tank, gently caress I'm an experienced tank and I feel like I'm getting hosed sideways here.

dreffen
Dec 3, 2005

MEDIOCRE, MORSOV!

Turns out my lovely tanking is absolved. New group with a different healer and DPS and it went by without a hitch. And yeah that boss is a real motherfucker.

Like, having never tanked any HMs in the game even playing it on and off since release I'm not really sure what to expect. So when adds are coming, and are far enough apart where I couldn't pick them all up and people are dying - I'm going to feel like an rear end in a top hat.

dreffen fucked around with this message at 02:16 on Nov 14, 2016

dreffen
Dec 3, 2005

MEDIOCRE, MORSOV!

Also I'd love to do some HM runs with you guys because that'd be fun!

Weird question: You can drop a crew skill after you hit 550 on it for DvL right? And it won't, like, wipe the progress for the achievement?

dreffen
Dec 3, 2005

MEDIOCRE, MORSOV!

Awesome.

dreffen
Dec 3, 2005

MEDIOCRE, MORSOV!

Is it worth it to organize a plague circle to kill each other for DvL?

dreffen
Dec 3, 2005

MEDIOCRE, MORSOV!

So what's the fastest way to gear yourself up for HM instances? I'd kinda let my republic side slack and as the time is getting closer I realize I need to crank on that to get those specific faction ones done. Would it just be do story, get data crystals, and dump it all into the 200/208/whatever it is gear?

dreffen fucked around with this message at 17:31 on Nov 22, 2016

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

dreffen
Dec 3, 2005

MEDIOCRE, MORSOV!

Polyakov posted:

Revan opening set of scenarios gives you north of 300 if you ahvent done them, i think hutt cartel does as well but i cant remember.

I haven't on this character yet, figure I'd crank up on a tank and get my rear end through those things. The only major things I have left is 13 HMs, and story mode ops.

Rest is minor bs, the stronghold item, one more crew skill, couple more classes to 50.

• Locked thread