Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

This game never had 1000 raiders, come on.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

Tedious bullshit was a selling point for MMOs once. And also it was Star Wars.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

An RNG system works if the rates are high enough, so if they stick to that rate it should be just fine.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

Smuggler is King Dick, and claims His territory with His mighty boot.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

DvL is the 29th, the literal Dark vs. Light that determines which companion it is is the 15th.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

Instead of playing, do some overtime or a side job and buy crates to sell.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

prefect posted:

Didn't they fire something like 200 people immediately after launch?

That's normal.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

They did that.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

Strudel Man posted:

What's all this "tracer" stuff about, anyway?

Bounty Hunters have 2 missile animations: A simple one where they hold out their arm and fire a wrist rocket, and one where they crouch and the missile charges up a bit and fires off their back.

Tracer missile used to be the latter. But players didn't like that animation, and tracer missile was used kind of frequently so they kept asking it to be changed. It now uses the wrist animation and some other skill that's not used as often (and might be AC restricted?) uses the old one.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=033m6xMDh5c

The mob is doing the old animation to the player, and he kills him with the newer one at the end.

You can see how crappy it is. The rocket stops, they return to standing, and then a piddly little missile fires over their shoulder.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

Strudel Man posted:

Wow, that's pretty bad.

And people are upset that this was removed/made less common?

Well, one guy as a real tired joke anyway.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

You get to choose your Darth name, even far galaxies in ancient times had their XxSepiroth69xXs.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

Within 3 minutes there will be a page on the Star Wars wiki explaining what an istotope is.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

You've been saying that for literally a year.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

They called it a season. It was season 1. KOTET is season 2.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

(Star Wars)

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

Kaysette posted:

I can't speak to the other force-using classes but SI felt like a perfect fit for the two most recent expansions. The whole "eat force ghosts to gain power" thing takes a cool twist with Valkorion and there are plenty of chances to continue being a power-hungry dick. It's certainly not the best Bioware story but I enjoyed it more than any of the previous content. Too bad it's still an MMO and not a fleshed out cRPG.

It depends how you played.

The SI can be either power hungry or want to tear everything down. The latter doesn't fit in so well with a lot of the KOTFE choices.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

You mean Darth Imperius, clearly.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

And everywhere else.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

Play a female Bounty Hunter because you get to become nobility.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

Killing non contracts is shameful.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

StashAugustine posted:

Except the ~1000000000000000000000000 trash mobs

Not canon.

No name, no value.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

Empress Brosephine posted:

having not beat KOTOR 2 yet can someone spoil what you guys mean by pissing on the dichotomy of the force? right now it's just been "mysterious space lady is teaching you and revan is missing while you eradicate the jedi" even 20 hours in

That Light and Dark don't exist.

Star Wars is supposed to be black and white, good and evil, easily understood by children. That's why they viciously crush anything that suggests depth. Even if Lucas himself wrote it.

People thought the prophecy of the chosen one added nuance? Snuff that poo poo out.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

Gray Jedi don't exist.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

Ainsley McTree posted:

Yeah I was never clear on why the light side just winning and getting rid of the dark side was ever a bad thing

Oh no, no more galactic warfare and slavery, this is just as bad as when Vader was choking people

But mon mothma's EMAILS

Because it never happened.

After episode 3 people were wondering "okay well where's the balancing the force stuff?" So then the theory about well maybe the prophecy wasn't talking about a good thing.

But Lucas came out and said "err, um, ahh" and then he wiped some sweat from his forehead with a stack of 100s, and said it was when he killed the Emperor, eliminating the dark side forev- oops.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

Yeah that's what I said. Good job reading!

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

Kenlon posted:

I'm vaguely considering giving this another go - have they done anything about about the skill/rotation bloat this game had?

They removed a whole lot of abilities over time.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

Ainsley McTree posted:

They also removed the stance buttons, aka the "here's an opportunity to make a mistake because you forgot to do a thing after swapping disciplines" buttons.

But not the many references to them in talents, just for fun.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

Nah.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

The old methods aren't gone either, I don't think.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

sassassin posted:

It's janky unresponsive boring tedious poo poo and I hate every time they force me in a walker.

But enough about your posts.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

The two I know off hand are

Drifter: http://torf.mmo-fashion.com/drifter/

and

Black Vulkar Swooper: http://torf.mmo-fashion.com/black-vulkar-swooper/ The little skirt is part of the chestpiece though, which is annoying.

And Zayne Carrick has a double shoulder cloak thing going on: http://torf.mmo-fashion.com/zayne-carrick/

Aphrodite fucked around with this message at 02:07 on Dec 31, 2016

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

That's a loaded question.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

There are "Last straw, I'm leaving!" topics on the official forums for when they fix a bug, or change the color of a background object.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

Well it is New Year's Eve.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

Hakarne posted:

Like people that play a Star Wars MMO have lives and do things for New Years Eve. :rolleyes:

Medieval Times has a New Year's seating.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

Wow. Anyone surprised this guy is a racist?

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

She's Sith intelligence. She's already full on cartoon Dark side, have you seen what those guys do?

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

KOTFE and KOTET are granted to subscribers.

KOTFE would unlock everything currently released when you subbed, and they used the HK stuff to keep people subbed.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

sassassin posted:

Light Jaesa is still Jaesa, she's one stubbed toe away from hunting down all betrayers to her autistic rigid definition of The Light.

In Star Wars that makes her a good person.

• Locked thread