Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

Just walk near them. They'll attack you first, then it's self-defense.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

That location is like the worst possible one.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

Communism!

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

A Curvy Goonette posted:

I've never done any of the Republic storylines (highest pub character is a 30 commando) but are they all considered worse than the Imperial ones?

On average all stories are considered bad except agent.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

The Knight is the only relevant class story in the whole game now that we have the Zakuul stuff.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

Lieutenant Pierce, off screen, sets up the whole fall of Corellia.

He accomplishes more than several classes.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

I still want her costume.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

And the boots and gloves are different and the hood has a different shape and it doesn't have the drape cloth.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

Learn both, no cap. You need some from both.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

All 4 Jedi voices are pretty dull. Intentionally, but that doesn't make it any better.

Female Inquisitor plays crazy better than the male does, and if you're not playing crazy Inquisitor you're wrong.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

Yeah but in Star Wars it's true. Light side is boring.

Not being boring is the path to the Dark Side.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

I'm pretty sure I have 2 pieces of the Darth Andeddu you can have.

I forget which ones, I can check tonight.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

I've put them on the AH like a dozen times and they never sell, it's fine.

...I hope they are Andeddu and I'm not mixing them up with something.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

Medullah posted:

Andeddu is generally pretty cheap except the booty shorts right?

It depends, you probably don't use cheap the same way everyone else does.

I recall the ones I have being worth a few million.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

I have the belt and boots, looks like.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

The secondary pieces don't have an appearance that stands out so the only ones buying are people looking to complete the set for collections, so they don't sell much.

But people in SWTOR aren't willing to ever lower prices to make a sale, so they stay way high.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

It seems to be in order of best to worst but best starts at the #5 spot for some reason.

Odd.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

Samurai fought with bows, the sword was a last resort, "well I hosed up" thing.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

In the cartoon Obi-Wan had a tunic but also armored boots and gauntlets.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

nonentity, I have an item suggestion.

Some kind of spotlight. I guess it would have to be a regen item with the way packs currently work? But just like a light that makes it so you can screenshot outfits better.

Ainsley McTree posted:

The thing I always pine for is to have some sniper rifles without scopes. Since as soon as you start fighting raid/flashpoint bosses, or for that matter any enemy that takes more than a few shots to kill, you start feeling like less of a one-shot/one-kill lethal assassin, and more of a 40k imperial guardsman frantically plinking away at horrible space monsters. It'd be cool if there were sniper rifles that just looked like longer blaster rifles to match that aesthetic.

There's a few of those, but Tor Fashion seems broken right now.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

It doesn't leave any for people who want to collect them as real world murder weapons.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

They put Lightning Tuning up for sale. 1800CC.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

That is no longer their goal. They're okay with spikes when stuff comes out.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

Yes, just to clarify his campaign: The animation isn't gone it's just on a different skill that you don't use as often.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

The knights still have to look menacing when they're standing around with the sabers off so a big pike sells that better.

And until you, they didn't fight other people with lightsabers so having a giant "disable here" sign wasn't a big deal

Medullah posted:

Realistically more control - the next time you're pretending that you're swinging a light saber while sweeping the floor, see how hard it is to control holding the very bottom compared to a bit further up.

Lightsaber blades are supposed to be weightless.

You'd still get more control, but not because of balance.

They would be safer too, so the knights don't have to be as skilled as a Jedi does. With how often they're executed it seems like a good way to go.

Aphrodite fucked around with this message at 17:25 on Mar 30, 2017

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

Yeah, finer control and all that.

But in his example, the reason the broom is difficult to control like that is because of weight.

The pike was the ultimate weapon for ages. You can teach any old idiot to hold a big stick and poke at the bad thing.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

fruit on the bottom posted:

Aw man, I didn't realize it got gassed. :(

It was a bad thread.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

nonentity posted:

Depends.

...on your stance regarding tracer missiles.

My tracer missile stance is squatting, ready to poop.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

Moreau posted:

What is the stupidest coding option that could possible be in place that would prevent that? Because that's probably what it is.

I'm sure Bioware would love to take our money for adding a beard slider unlock for other races, so most likely the effort to change it is far harder than it should be.

Only possible for X sliders in character creator, maybe?

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

So we just post to submit logs, right?

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

They also generally want to avoid ones only max level characters can do.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

Mine bugged and unlocked in collections.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

This game's combat system is not very good, you should want to skip large parts of it.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

I don't really.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

Unisex Style 1 is popular among nazis today.

I don't know why anyone cares about 2.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

He's using one of the brown variants of: http://torf.mmo-fashion.com/ambitious-warrior/

That color seems to be Republic only, but I'm sure there's a dye that's close.

Female version of all of them is a sports bra, naturally.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

I'm not listed because I already won best.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

Well, not exactly. It's just one dialogue choice, your alignment doesn't actually influence the change.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

Apparently if you are Light 1 or higher, you cannot get her Dark side. This is old info though, and may have been changed.

But you can get Light side regardless. Yes even if you slaughtered everyone she's ever known.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

Skinty McEdger posted:

Is there a chronological order to the class storylines other than agent at the end?

Yes.

I don't know it so this isn't very helpful, but yeah they have a rough order.

• Locked thread