Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
mysterious frankie

This displeases Dev- ..van. Shut up.
#wokedad

child's first date *sitting in front room with child and nervous date, eyeing family album containing photo of the time child as a baby dooked in the sink while being bathed. eye begins twitching, nose begins bleeding* nnnnnrrrrrrg... no... nnnnno

child's first date cont alright you two, you have a good time tonight and don't do anything I wouldn't do, like assume someone's pronouns.

at black lives matter rally
blm supporter: I'm angry!
wokedad: hi angry, I'm deeply and genuinely empathetic to the plight of african american communities and would like to know what more I can do to be a better ally in the struggle.

vacationtime
wokedad: who wants to go to disneyland?
kids: yay!
wokedad: *pulls up in front of soup kitchen* alright, let's go donate our time.
kids: ???
wokedad: hey, many homeless people consider this to be the disneyland of central iowa soup kitchens.

first period *bows respectfully, crowns daughter with wreath of laurel* i honor u.

looking at senior yearbook *under yearbook picture his quote is "life's a puss and I'm here to f**k!" the younger him pictured in the yearbook photo smirks and winks at him. startled, he throws the book into the fireplace with an angry, ashamed scream* ...that would have worked better if we hadn't turned it into a more enviromentally friendly shadow box last month.

meanwhile, #wifeofwokedad

*drinks alone in basement*

mysterious frankie fucked around with this message at 15:27 on Oct 12, 2016

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Im Ready for DEATH

child: dad this coffee tastes like poo poo, why do yo ubuy that fair-trade garbage

wokedad: *deadpan stare* The percentage of Americans in the prison system, prison system, has doubled since 1985

Im Ready for DEATH

wokedad: where were you yesterday Chyerril?

daughter: *looks startled* I...I was smoking weed at Trevor's house.

wokedad: Really?

daughter: yeah we... we fooled around too. I think I love him.

wokedad: OK then explain this *reveals laptop from behind his back, presses play on a youtube video*

[daughter is at trump rally wearing a MAGA t-shirt, pumping her fist]

daughter: the degenerate left is destroying america. the false song of globalism is killing our jobs. MAKE AMERICA GREAT AGAIN!!!

wokedad: NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

Ahundredbux

The right to bear arms

Im Ready for DEATH posted:

wokedad: OK then explain this *reveals laptop from behind his back, presses play on a youtube video*

daughter: the degenerate left is destroying america. the false song of globalism is killing our jobs. MAKE AMERICA GREAT AGAIN!!!

mysterious frankie

AT SCHOOL BAKESALE

mom1: I brought peanut butter milk dud cookies where the milk duds look like spiders!

mom2: I brought pecan sandies!

dad1: I made my world famous red velvet brownies!

mom3: I made pumpkin pie rolls!

wokedad: I annotated the bake sale website with genius so that readers will have the chance to become educated about all the many microaggressions contained within the text!

everyone: ...

wokedad: what?

----------------
Could the universe and starts be an enlarged reflection of the atomic world?

Ride The Gravitron

by FactsAreUseless
Wokedad: what do we say when the school resource officer approaches?

5 year old off to first day of kindergarten: hands up! Don't shoot

mysterious frankie

child: dad this coffee tastes like poo poo, why do yo ubuy that fair-trade garbage

wokedad: *deadpan stare* The percentage of Americans in the prison system, prison system, has doubled since 1985

----------------

social vegan

wokedad: hey son, what's up

me: I'm scared that my opinions these days are devalued because of my sexual preferences and race.

wokedad: hey scared that my opinions these days are devalued because of my sexual preferences and race, I'm sympathetic and want you to know I'm here if you ever want to talk

mysterious frankie

Ride The Gravitron posted:

Wokedad: what do we say when the school resource officer approaches?

5 year old off to first day of kindergarten: hands up! Don't shoot

lol

----------------

FutonForensic

"H-here poppa... i got you this 'world's greatest dad' mug..."

"Buying sweatshop slave labor products, eh??? the world will know of your sins " *opens up Firefox, TwitLonger is already set as his homepage*

social vegan

FutonForensic posted:

"H-here poppa... i got you this 'world's greatest dad' mug..."

"Buying sweatshop slave labor products, eh??? the world will know of your sins " *opens up Firefox, TwitLonger is already set as his homepage*

friggin lost it at that last bit

RazzleDazzleHour

son: "hey dad, can I have five dollars to go grab some taco bell with david?"

dad: "taco bell? sure thing, here's a fiver for you"

*hands his son a piece of paper containing a link to his fiverr account where he will write you an essay about the inherent racism in profiting from cultural appropriation*

Pomp

by Fluffdaddy
Don't Woke Daddy

----------------
This thread brought to you by a tremendous dickhead!

Ace of Baes

lmao

ScRoTo TuRbOtUrD

my dad worked the night shift so i was always very careful about waking him before 2 PM, lest i get a lecture about the dangers of interrupting sleep cycles and the (cruelty free) belt

Ace of Baes
wokedad: hey do you like updog?
daughter: what's updog?
wokedad: income inequality, meanwhile 90% of the profits go to the top one tenth of one percent of the population

Ace of Baes
son: I don't need your approval, I love him and that's all that matters, you're just going to have to deal with
wokedad: when you have your own place you can do as you want, but as long as you live under this roof you're not supporting Gary Johnson

----------------

social vegan

Ace of Baes posted:

son: I don't need your approval, I love him and that's all that matters, you're just going to have to deal with
wokedad: when you have your own place you can do as you want, but as long as you live under this roof you're not supporting Gary Johnson

FactsAreUseless

Child in commercial: Whatever you do... Don't Wake Daddy!
*little plastic dad pops up*
Children: Oh noo! Aaa! *general laughter*
Plastic dad: Actually, eating fish is just as bad for the environment as eating beef.

mysterious frankie

FactsAreUseless posted:

Child in commercial: Whatever you do... Don't Wake Daddy!
*little plastic dad pops up*
Children: Oh noo! Aaa! *general laughter*
Plastic dad: Actually, eating fish is just as bad for the environment as eating beef.

----------------

mysterious frankie

*kids watching broad city*
broad city: yass queen
kids: hahaha
dad: cultural appropriation! *picks up tv*
kids: daaaaad
dad: no, that's cultural appropriation! *takes tv to bathroom, puts in the tub*
kids: DAD, STOP!
dad: go watch paris is burning and educate yourselves, children *turns on shower, soaking television*
kids: watch it on what, dad?
dad: go to your rooms

----------------

Ride The Gravitron

by FactsAreUseless

Ace of Baes posted:

wokedad: income inequality, meanwhile 90% of the profits go to the top one tenth of one percent of the population

----------------

Gatekeeper

He was warrior and mystic, ogre and saint, the fox and the innocent, chivalrous, ruthless, less than a god, more than a man.
*radio is playing b.o.b.'s flat earth twitter rant performed by frank ocean over a white noise machine*

son: ugh turn off the dad rock

Business Gorillas

:harambe:

Ace of Baes posted:

Business Gorillas

wokedad boycotts the school play because the idea of the presence of one "Doctor Tomato". doctors can be women too, you sexist filth

Ahundredbux

The right to bear arms
wokedad's house is made from sustainable materials but has no windows because they remind him too much of the glass ceiling

mysterious frankie

wokedad: you can never hope to be as woke as me, give it up you fool.
dad: it's ironic, isn't it?
dad: at one time "woke" referred to african americans being aware of what was happening in their communities and harboring a healthy mistrust of power structures in america, but now it's used by non african americans to describe a general awareness of injustice & imbalance.
wokedad: so?
dad: that includes cultural appropriation...
wokedad: *takes a knee* m-my liege.
*dad begins shimmering and transforms* based wokedad: what you're doing there is ableist.

----------------

Business Gorillas

wokedad gets the holiday choir concert cancelled due to a threat he gave the music teacher, Mrs. O'Donnell, regarding what he would do to her if his self-written song "When the River Wept", a 20 minute song detailing the forced conversion of amazonian natives to christianity by their white oppressors, was not included in the set list

City of Glompton

wokedad insists on paying more for his cupcakes at the bake sale.

"But it's just a regular bake sale Dad! You're embarrassing me!"

"You should be embarrassed about the wage gap. Oooh, are those red velvet cupcakes cruelty-free?"

thank you PSP for the beautiful spring sig

BIRDCON 2017

mysterious frankie posted:

dad: at one time "woke" referred to african americans being aware of what was happening in their communities and harboring a healthy mistrust of power structures in america, but now it's used by non african americans to describe a general awareness of injustice & imbalance.
*dad begins shimmering and transforms* based wokedad: what you're doing there is ableist.

social vegan

Ace of Baes
wokedad: Knock knock
son: who's there?
wokedad: millions of refugees fleeing a war torn hellscape that US imperialism helped to create by putting capitalism over basic human rights and funding regressive Wahhabi extremists
son: I recognize my privileged position and disapprove of US foreign policy
wokedad: you're grounded
son: thanks

Im Ready for DEATH

gently caress

HighwireAct

Pozzo's Hat

Ace of Baes posted:

wokedad: millions of refugees fleeing a war torn hellscape that US imperialism helped to create by putting capitalism over basic human rights and funding regressive Wahhabi extremists

Ace of Baes
Wokedad: You know, I can see your internet history.
Son: Oh my god, dad-
Wokedad: I'm not mad, when your going through adolescence, it's perfectly normal to be curious.
Son: A friend sent me it, I'm not even into that kind of stuff.
Wokedad: Son, you've visited mises.org 59 times in the past month.

POWERBALL

by zen death robot
Dad: Who's your little friend, Johnny?
Johnny: Dad, this is Aileen.
Dad: So, Aileen...how do you feel about anarcho-syndicalism?
Johnny: Dad! Stop embarrassing me!

----------------

The Bananana

This is a metaphor, a Christian allegory. The fact that I have to explain to you that Jesus is the Warthog, and the Banana is drepanocytosis is just embarrassing for you.

Lawl

Commie NedFlanders

☭☭☭☭☭☭☭☭☭☭☭☭☭☭☭☭☭
Love God, Love Thy Neighbor
☭☭☭☭☭☭☭☭☭☭☭☭☭☭☭☭☭

FactsAreUseless

Dad is a patriarchal concept, and so the "woke dad" is an oxymoron. *transforms into butterflies*

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

misty mountaintop

by Hand Knit

Ace of Baes posted:

• Locked thread