Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Meme Poker Party
Sep 1, 2006

by Azathoth

socialsecurity posted:

So is this game going to be Free to play or $60 because even in beta all I am seeing is microtransactions even for basic stuff like characters.

It's gonna be $60 and also have a season pass and also have all kinds of micro transactions.

Meme Poker Party fucked around with this message at 23:56 on Jan 26, 2017

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Shifty gimbal
Dec 28, 2008

Hey you... I got something to tell ya
Biscuit Hider
Is it really a microtransaction if you can't buy them with actual money? All that stuff is using ingame currency and I don't think there are plans to sell that stuff for money.

marshmallow creep
Dec 10, 2008

I've been sitting here for 5 mins trying to think of a joke to make but I just realised the animators of Mass Effect already did it for me

Yeah the funbux are for unlocks.

Meme Poker Party
Sep 1, 2006

by Azathoth

Gimbal lock posted:

Is it really a microtransaction if you can't buy them with actual money? All that stuff is using ingame currency and I don't think there are plans to sell that stuff for money.

It's hard to say because they may very well charge for that stuff but obviously they would not enable that during the demo. It could be that all that stuff is and will always be fun bucks only. However it is also eminently possible that you will be able to buy the in-game fun bucks with real money at release.

This is Ubisoft. I honestly have a hard time thinking of anyone more likely to pull something like that.

Meme Poker Party fucked around with this message at 00:00 on Jan 27, 2017

fadam
Apr 23, 2008

This game is bad rear end but it's not eighty dollars bad rear end imo.

Megaman's Jockstrap
Jul 16, 2000

What a horrible thread to have a post.

Chomp8645 posted:

However it is also eminently possible that you will be able to buy the in-game fun bucks with real money at release.

It's not possible. It's guaranteed. Ubisoft releases full price games with AAA season passes and F2P cosmetic monetization systems bolted onto them. That's their thing now.

Perestroika
Apr 8, 2010

Public service announcement: As the Nobuchi, your three-light combo looks like it would be your bread and butter, but it's something of a trap. The delay between the first and second attack is so huge that everybody and their mother will easily parry it, or at least block. Instead, its real use is in combination with your Hidden Stance: That way, it will already start at the second attack, cutting much of the delay and allowing you a fairly sure double-hit and bleed.

acumen
Mar 17, 2005
Fun Shoe

fadam posted:

This game is bad rear end but it's not eighty dollars bad rear end imo.

This is where I'm at, although apparently I can get 20% off through some dumb Ubisoft points I have. With all the cosmetic poo poo you can customize it's pretty set up for a f2p fallback in a year or two after terrible release reviews I guess.

Megazver
Jan 13, 2006
It's also going to have a Story Mode campaign. Dunno how much value that adds to you.

Ledhed
Feb 13, 2006
Doesn't believe in the letter a
Anybody got a spare PC beta key by chance?

Meme Poker Party
Sep 1, 2006

by Azathoth

Megaman's Jockstrap posted:

It's not possible. It's guaranteed. Ubisoft releases full price games with AAA season passes and F2P cosmetic monetization systems bolted onto them. That's their thing now.

lol this is why I haven't downloaded my beta yet.

Sammus
Nov 30, 2005

I haven't tried the game yet but the emblem editor is fairly robust.

Evil Canadian
Sep 10, 2000

No one man should have all that Psycho-Power.

Having a lot of fun with it so far. As a big fighting game guy a lot of the skillset transfers over in terms of mindset. Dueling is super fun and I like that the environment matters, I am a bit poo poo at the team mode though because i always go too far out and get hosed by multiple players.

There is a lot of depth to this combat, its like souls pvp+++.

Keegers
Aug 11, 2014

Evil Canadian posted:

Having a lot of fun with it so far. As a big fighting game guy a lot of the skillset transfers over in terms of mindset. Dueling is super fun and I like that the environment matters, I am a bit poo poo at the team mode though because i always go too far out and get hosed by multiple players.

There is a lot of depth to this combat, its like souls pvp+++.

My problem is deciding if it's worth the $60+$assfuckyourbankdlc

rap music
Mar 11, 2006

It'll probably be structured like Siege. You buy the game and can unlock virtually everything (sans a handful of cosmetic items) using currency earned in game, with the option to pay cold hard cash if you're an employed, functioning adult.

Ledhed posted:

Anybody got a spare PC beta key by chance?

add me on uplay (buttburp)

rap music fucked around with this message at 02:16 on Jan 27, 2017

Qubee
May 31, 2013

Genuinely not surprised that it has such an atrocious amount of connectivity issues, same exact crap happened with the Rainbow Six: Siege beta. Was nigh impossible to play with friends as it kept showing us as offline, or we'd join the group and instantly get disconnected, or - the absolute worst - we'd join a game only to be stuck in loading screen limbo as one of us ended up getting dropped without knowing. So we'd all have to hard restart the game.

Other than that, it's really drat good fun. Definitely not worth the asking price, as I see it getting stale very quickly. But I'd definitely pick it up if it was cheaper. It's nice that there are counters to everything, even grab-spamming Vikings (I'm one of those cunts). But the minute you're ganged up on, it's GG. I've not once won a 2v1, the most I can do is come super close but it's always easy to get zerged and smashed to pieces. Dominion is my least favourite mode, as it's so hectic. It always devolves into one guy getting gangbanged by 4 enemies. Enemies have a really annoying tendency of just running away when you get them to low HP and there's gently caress-all you can do about it because we all run at the same speed.

2v2 is my favourite gamemode. Dominating an enemy and then standing by as you watch your ally battle it out to the death. I always salute my enemy if they beat my ally and then we fight it out. It's so cool when opponents honour this as well. But sometimes, a man's just gotta tag team an enemy to secure that win. It's ridiculously funny as well in 2v2 when you manage to grab and throw an enemy off the map within 2 seconds.

Evil Canadian
Sep 10, 2000

Loopoo posted:

Genuinely not surprised that it has such an atrocious amount of connectivity issues, same exact crap happened with the Rainbow Six: Siege beta. Was nigh impossible to play with friends as it kept showing us as offline, or we'd join the group and instantly get disconnected, or - the absolute worst - we'd join a game only to be stuck in loading screen limbo as one of us ended up getting dropped without knowing. So we'd all have to hard restart the game.

Other than that, it's really drat good fun. Definitely not worth the asking price, as I see it getting stale very quickly. But I'd definitely pick it up if it was cheaper. It's nice that there are counters to everything, even grab-spamming Vikings (I'm one of those cunts). But the minute you're ganged up on, it's GG. I've not once won a 2v1, the most I can do is come super close but it's always easy to get zerged and smashed to pieces. Dominion is my least favourite mode, as it's so hectic. It always devolves into one guy getting gangbanged by 4 enemies. Enemies have a really annoying tendency of just running away when you get them to low HP and there's gently caress-all you can do about it because we all run at the same speed.

Connectivity sucked for like an hour or so until they rebooted it and fixed it. I've won a few 2v1's already you just need to do advanced training to help understand how to block the other guys. You can choose to stay and get rage and fight em back or block a few dodge out and run, panicking and mashing = you die. If I was using a shield class it would be even easier with the faultless defense as you can easily turtle up to get the rage and whomp everyone for free.

Meme Poker Party
Sep 1, 2006

by Azathoth

rap music posted:

with the option to pay cold hard cash if you're an employed, functioning adult.

Oh yeah baby, this is the poo poo. The line always spawns such wonderful and reasoned discussions in Games.

Lakbay
Dec 14, 2006

My eye...MY EYE!!!
Playing the beta and holy crap there's a lot of visual noise on screen in dominion, it's worst when heroes almost blend in perfectly with soldiers

Evil Canadian
Sep 10, 2000

Lakbay posted:

Playing the beta and holy crap there's a lot of visual noise on screen in dominion, it's worst when heroes almost blend in perfectly with soldiers

That was very annoying at first, but after a bit I just kinda noticed the icons. It does help to notice even the small classes are still much larger than the creeps or whatever they call em.

Ledhed
Feb 13, 2006
Doesn't believe in the letter a

rap music posted:

add me on uplay (buttburp)

I figured you had ran out by now. Added you, thanks!

ZenVulgarity
Oct 9, 2012

I made the hat by transforming my zen

This seems kinda fun

Evil Canadian
Sep 10, 2000

hahaha ok the japanese spear class is super super cool, makes me feel like I am actually playing a fighting game. Way longer moves than as far as I know the other classes, has poison and a bunch of dodge stance stuff with pokes at the end. Already had a guy quit out of a duel before it was over with this.

Keegers
Aug 11, 2014

Evil Canadian posted:

hahaha ok the japanese spear class is super super cool, makes me feel like I am actually playing a fighting game. Way longer moves than as far as I know the other classes, has poison and a bunch of dodge stance stuff with pokes at the end. Already had a guy quit out of a duel before it was over with this.

As a beserker gently caress that class

Lakbay
Dec 14, 2006

My eye...MY EYE!!!
Holy poo poo the spear lady is overpowered (or I got lucky that match), that final poke on the basic 3 hit comes out super fast AND it poisons

George Rouncewell
Jul 20, 2007

You think that's illegal? Heh, watch this.
did not get a beta key, boo hiss

Qubee
May 31, 2013

Lakbay posted:

If you ain't using your minimap to spot enemies in Dominion, you're doing it wrong. gently caress trying to guess who the gently caress is who in the clusterfuck that is Point B: this neat trick makes gamers hate him! Click here to find out it's the minimap, it shows enemies and allies as bright blue / orange blips so you can single out lone enemies or back up an ally getting clusterfucked

Captain Beans
Aug 5, 2004

Whar be the beans?
Hair Elf

Loopoo posted:

2v2 is my favourite gamemode. Dominating an enemy and then standing by as you watch your ally battle it out to the death. I always salute my enemy if they beat my ally and then we fight it out. It's so cool when opponents honour this as well. But sometimes, a man's just gotta tag team an enemy to secure that win. It's ridiculously funny as well in 2v2 when you manage to grab and throw an enemy off the map within 2 seconds.

Were your connectivity problems on PC or PS4? Just got done playing for about 3 hours with friends on PS4, didn't have any problems at all really.

Really pleasantly surprised at how much of a fighting game this is. I thought it was going to be a simpler version of mount and blade combat.

Keegers
Aug 11, 2014

Wish more games did this

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
I have a beta key for this and Im trying to get 2FA removed from my account ( that I never set up). is game good

plehsistential
Jan 29, 2012

death to all avatar havers
If anyone has a spare pc beta key that would be pretty cool, it would seem i did not get one for signing up

Levin
Jun 28, 2005

I'm also in the hunt for a key for PC or PS4.

AwwJeah
Jul 3, 2006

I like you!
I'll throw my name into the hat and say an Xbox One code would be rad. Had about 7 friends sign up nad none of us have had any luck.

Shifty gimbal
Dec 28, 2008

Biscuit Hider
I have a pc key left if someone wants it. You'll have to either pm me your uplay name or say tell me in the thread and I'll add you.

Levin
Jun 28, 2005

Gimbal lock posted:

I have a pc key left if someone wants it. You'll have to either pm me your uplay name or say tell me in the thread and I'll add you.

PM sent

Shifty gimbal
Dec 28, 2008

Biscuit Hider

Corte posted:

PM sent

k accept the uplay invite request and a mail will be sent to the email you're registered with for uplay.

CongoJack
Nov 5, 2009

Ask Why, Asshole
This game is cool as hell, one of the only fighting games I've actually liked. I don't know if 60 bucks (or 100 for the season pass) is worth it though. Guess I have a few days to decide.

I got all three of my keys for PC of anyone wants in.

Zaphod42
Sep 13, 2012

If there's anything more important than my ego around, I want it caught and shot now.
Anybody have any invites left? Ubisoft name SpacePrez please and thankyou :pray:

CongoJack posted:

This game is cool as hell, one of the only fighting games I've actually liked. I don't know if 60 bucks (or 100 for the season pass) is worth it though. Guess I have a few days to decide.

I got all three of my keys for PC of anyone wants in.

please! I'll take ps4 or pc.

plehsistential
Jan 29, 2012

death to all avatar havers

Zaphod42 posted:

Anybody have any invites left? Ubisoft name SpacePrez please and thankyou :pray:

please! I'll take ps4 or pc.

my uplay name is plehsistential if you wouldnt mind hooking me up with a pc key

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Levin
Jun 28, 2005

Gimbal lock posted:

k accept the uplay invite request and a mail will be sent to the email you're registered with for uplay.

Done, nothing yet. I seem to go through 3 different loving portals for this one thing...