Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Phoix
Jul 20, 2006

Brackhar posted:

I highly enjoyed my alpha experience, and will be picking this up at launch. The Orochi class was so good though I'm not sure why I'd play anything else; deflect was the bomb.

Yeah, they'll have to do something about the Orochi deflect before retail. There's nothing you can do vs an Orochi who just sits there waiting to deflect since even if you mess up the extremely generous timing you get a normal block.

Everything else about this game is loving incredible though.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Phoix
Jul 20, 2006

Perestroika posted:

Those missing are the Lawbringer, Valkyrie, and the Shugoki, also known as the coolest of the bunch.

Shugoki's backbreaker is honestly the most satisfying thing in the game and I'm super sad he isn't in this build. Time to accidentally use Nobushi's dodge a thousand times instead!

Phoix
Jul 20, 2006

bear is driving! posted:

I played through the tutorial and practice, and then I jumped online and played about 10 matches.

Multiplayer is your opponent just spinning left stick wildly while button mashing and then guard breaking and throwing you into the water, which instantly kills you for some reason. Little to no skill involved despite the system seeming like it's skill based. To clarify, many of the matches I played defensively and tried to watch my opponent and guard to match attacks, but it looked like they were really just spinning left stick and mashing RB/RT to get hits in. I thought you could only guard break if your attack angle matched their guard angle, but that doesn't seem to be the case, as in the middle of their wild swinging they would guard break and stun me, then either keep attacking or throw me into the water.

I'm gonna pass on this one. It's a neat idea, but I have no desire to try to learn the intricacies of a system that can be defeated by smashing the controller with my face. Which is sad, because I was kind of looking forward to this.

Parry is the answer to people who are just mashing. You do a heavy attack in the direction of the incoming attack just before it hits and it throws them off balance. Then the counter to that is feinting your attacks so you bait them into heavies which you punish with lights, and then every character has unique things it can do to change it up from there.