Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Sultan Tarquin
Jul 29, 2007

and what kind of world would it be? HUH?!
I'm already banned from playing nobushi against my friends cause man that character can be a piece of poo poo :haw:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sultan Tarquin
Jul 29, 2007

My friends are getting real pissed at my Nobushi. Not because of the bleed but the back dodge is just loving magic. The class is apparently a wizard because when you do a dodge sometimes the weapons clip through the model :haw:

Sultan Tarquin
Jul 29, 2007

I changed from Nobushi to Orochi and man that little fucker is a salt factory.

Sultan Tarquin
Jul 29, 2007

One major change I think should be made is not being able to dash when you're out of stamina because as it stands being out of stamina is barely a hindrance. You can just dash backwards forever till it regens so it's impossible to knock them down with a guard break.

Sultan Tarquin
Jul 29, 2007

I just fought the same guy in a 1v1 for like 2 hours straight till he got disconnected randomly in the match. Nobushi Vs Beserker. I'd say he was better than me at the start but after a while I figured him out. He was real friendly in the chat too. God speed wherever you are guy :shobon:

Sultan Tarquin
Jul 29, 2007

Yeah I had an absolute loving blast playing this game. I always had my doubts about it but when I found out the Rainbow 6: Siege team was making it I wondered if they could accidentally make two good games. Looks like they did! Shame about all the Ubi bullshit attached though. It could be so much better with real support behind it :ohdear:

Sultan Tarquin
Jul 29, 2007

Wandle Cax posted:

idgi, overpriced DLC aside, as far as i can tell ubisoft support their games very well with updates and fixes continuing long after release. at least the sequel will be excellent too

Yeah they do support them in that aspect but this is Ubisoft we're talking about. If this was another publisher it would be done about 50 loving times better. The same company that poo poo out garbage cookie cutter open world games year after year and was the laughing stock of the industry for years, and still is in some aspects.

Sultan Tarquin
Jul 29, 2007

Conqueror is the one I have the most trouble with as nobushi. Not really sure how to get through his defences. It's the unblockable shield charge after the swing that always catches me out. Just need to side dodge and pressure with guard breaks more.

Sultan Tarquin
Jul 29, 2007

Dezztroy posted:

Conqueror can't really touch a good Nobushi though. The only attack that can somewhat reliably hit is the charge heavy, but that is the most telegraphed attack in the game so just run away until they canel it or run out of stamina. If the Conqueror gets in range to spam shield bashes, the Nobushi has already hosed up.

True, only one of my friends plays conqueror and I haven't really played against him enough to learn his attacks & timings properly before the beta ended. I know I'll figure it out after release.

Sultan Tarquin
Jul 29, 2007

Imagine how quickly it's going to get hacked on PC though. Look at siege. That didn't get proper anti-cheat for eight months and this is going to be using p2p multiplayer.

Sultan Tarquin
Jul 29, 2007

Hard fix your ga- wait no. I don't know if you even have anything to do with this! (also fix it if you do)

Sultan Tarquin
Jul 29, 2007

Hard posted:

That was fast :P For Honor was made in the same building as Siege yes and I have quite a lot of ''friends'' who've worked on it but I was in no way involved in this project.

If anything I'm contract-bound to not say anything that would diminish my employer and I'm hellbent on respecting NDAs but aside from that, I genuinely like this game that's why i'm posting here in the first place.

e: VV That's not how you spell Peacekeeper.

Is it possible to say what the state of anti-cheat in for honor is? Is it made with the same engine? I'm just worried it's going to get instantly hacked because you know how long it took siege to get real anti cheat :ohdear:

Sultan Tarquin
Jul 29, 2007

Hard posted:

Heh dude i told you in the very same post you quoted me that i have no professional ties with this project and that i wouldn't break NDA. I can't help ya sorry.

I feel you about anti-cheating, hopefully they learned from Siege. I"m not really surprised about the lack of visibility on the subject because the game is not even out yet.
To me it seems normal that they remain quiet on certain aspects and instead focus their efforts on the hype rather than talking about the the eventual shitstains that will plague the community.

Fair enough! Just wasn't sure if everything was under NDA but I guess so!

I just hope they're forward thinking enough about the shitstains :ohdear:

Sultan Tarquin
Jul 29, 2007

So basically this?

Sultan Tarquin
Jul 29, 2007

I'm wondering if the beta prices of steel for things like heroes are going to stay the same or if they'll be absurd like R6 where it would cost 25,000 steel to customise a hero.

Sultan Tarquin
Jul 29, 2007

Gunder posted:

To be fair to Siege, that 25k price was only for DLC operators. You were really supposed to buy those guys with real money, they were just nice enough to allow you to buy them for free with all that renown you had left over.

Yeah true. But the pricing model itself is still very shady. They cost so much and you make so little renown to incentive you to pay real money. I hope they stick with the system of all heroes playable, only pay to customise them and then have the steel cost sink in the cosmetics.

Sultan Tarquin
Jul 29, 2007

Open beta preload is up at around 18gb. Not sure what the size is if you still have the closed installed.

Sultan Tarquin
Jul 29, 2007

Indecisive posted:

I just activated it and it says 'pre-loaded' already, didn't download anything new.

Hm, my friends are saying there's a 451mb patch to update from closed to open. Might take a bit for the servers to catch up.

Sultan Tarquin
Jul 29, 2007

Pinbacker posted:

you could even say that by not throwing someone off a cliff, you dishonor the cliff

Imagine 4 orochi on the edge of a cliff.

Sultan Tarquin
Jul 29, 2007

Now my friends can stop bitching about the Orochi charge even though it was incredibly obvious and easy to block :colbert:

Sultan Tarquin
Jul 29, 2007

There's no custom private match for the 4v4 elimination mode. That's dumb.

Sultan Tarquin
Jul 29, 2007

The closed to open patches didn't actually go live. Peacekeeper 3x stab still does half your HP bar.

Sultan Tarquin
Jul 29, 2007

Hm apparently there never was any peacekeeper bleed nerf in the first place? I know I read patch notes saying it was down by like 75% but no :shrug:

Sultan Tarquin
Jul 29, 2007

140,000 people online and I can't even get a 1v1. Sad!

Sultan Tarquin
Jul 29, 2007

That's sweet. Here's mine! Zaibatsu is power.

Sultan Tarquin
Jul 29, 2007

After waiting for 30m+ for a 1v1 duel and countless matchmaking errors I got into a game.

Against the guy who was #9 on the closed beta 1v1 leaderboard. He told me after he won about 10 games while utterly destroying me that he had 100% WR on peacekeeper in open beta with around 100 games. His plan was to get 200 games unbeatable.

I broke his streak. Never felt more satisfied in a game in a long rear end time.

Sultan Tarquin
Jul 29, 2007

Keegers posted:

Where's the salt pics of him raging about losing?

There was none. He congratulated me on winning.

Trillhouse posted:

What strategy did he use? What strategy did you use?

Round 5 must have been loving intense!

His strategy was light attacks. He'd attack from different directions faster than I could move my guard and they do a lot of damage. Also parrying heavies into un-techable guard break with 3x stab which does guaranteed half your HP bar. I think he was using m&k because drat he was moving quickly.

Sultan Tarquin
Jul 29, 2007

HOOLY BOOLY posted:

So uh you just press the guard break button to counter opponent guard breaks right? I was told it was heavy attack by a friend and i've not been having any success.

Heavy attack is for parrying :goleft:

Sultan Tarquin
Jul 29, 2007

mellowjournalism posted:

Warden talk: Can you guard break smoothly out of a shoulder charge or do you HAVE to hard cancel out of the charge before hitting guard break again? Do you even have to hit it again?

http://i.imgur.com/QGCgmCy.gifv
(out of a guard break > side light light > shoulder charge > side light light > shoulder charge (cancel?) > guard break > top light)

I can make it happen but not consistently so I'm pretty confused-- sometimes I'll just be holding down square the whole time after charging up the shoulder charge, and tapping circle at some point will get it to cancel and my guy automatically starts a guard break. But I don't really know how late you can hit circle or if you have to hit it at all.

Yeah he's cancelling the second shoulder charge into the guard break. The timing is pretty tight on it but it's good for messing up their heads.

Sultan Tarquin
Jul 29, 2007

Zzulu posted:

Get in close, us nobushis rely on distance. If you are a fast attacker you can overwhelm their blocking as well because there's a very slight delay in guard stance changing for Nobushis. If the nobushi is backing off and dodging a lot, always try to direct them towards a wall or obstacle as their weapon easily gets stuck on walls and their dodging and backtracking way less effective if the area around them is cramped

This. Nobushis biggest weakness is Peacekeeper and Orochi. They can light attack you faster than your can change your guard and if they're also good at parrying or guard break counters there's pretty much nothing you can do. Orochis zone attack is also an absolute fucker because it looks like its coming from the top but it comes from the right faster than a light attack and does half a bar of damage.

Sultan Tarquin
Jul 29, 2007

Played an obscene amount, pretty much all day every day since Thursday. Prestiged Warden and Nobushi and I feel like these are the strongest heroes.

God tier: Peacekeeper, Orochi
High tier: Warden, Nobushi, Warlord
Okay tier: Kensei, raider
average: Conqueror, Berserker

A good PK & Orochi will completely loving wreck anything you try to bring to the table. The tools they have are better than anyone else combined with instant heavy feints and the fastest light attacks in the game.

Sultan Tarquin
Jul 29, 2007

Yeah, Peacekeepers biggest strength isn't her guaranteed 50% HP bleed on guard break (although that is completely broken) it's the fact that she can attack with lights faster than you can move your guard. Against a good Peacekeeper you can never get the chance to attack and it puts you on the constant defensive. Her dashing heavy lunge has obscene range and combos into a bleed. Her heavy feints are instantaneous and cancel into a bleed. Her deflects combo into bleed and then you have a barrage of light attacks from every direction which are almost impossible to block or predict.

I'd probably rate Peacekeeper above Orochi purely because of the bleed. Orochi has pretty much exactly the same tools except his attacks do more damage to make up for no having a bleed.

Sultan Tarquin
Jul 29, 2007

Yeah Warden is very good but they have a couple of weaknesses that the assassins just don't have. Wardens side light attacks are really slow, you can't parry guard break a nobushi because of her range and your dashing and doges are slow so you can't get in on a fast hero. Once you start a shoulder bash mixup though you can easily blow the gently caress out of anyone if they're not careful.

Sultan Tarquin
Jul 29, 2007

OctaMurk posted:

you can't block the stabs, that's just the peacekeeper loving up the timing

There is actually some bug where you can block a stab and it'll play the weapon blocking noise.

Sultan Tarquin
Jul 29, 2007

http://store.ubi.com/uk/for-honor/5...reorder_ID32998

Midnight EU release boys :dance:

Sultan Tarquin
Jul 29, 2007

Monowhatever posted:

This still just shows the normal midnight est unlock for me, are they gonna be really cool and do switch to midnight EU last minute?

Hm, not sure. Could just be 11pm local time? It unlocks at 7am Australian time but the servers don't go live till it launches in EU in 5 hours.

Sultan Tarquin
Jul 29, 2007

Well this clears it up!

Sultan Tarquin
Jul 29, 2007

Whatever timezone you're in.

Sultan Tarquin
Jul 29, 2007

1500 posted:

I don't think I have ever seen a game do that. It means Europe will be playing 7 hours before anyone in the US, and 10 hours before the PST.

A lot of games do this really. I can't count the times I've had to VPN into the US or SEA to unlock a game days in advance because of bullshit release dates.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sultan Tarquin
Jul 29, 2007

loving Americans used to get all games 3 days earlier than Europe they can't complain :colbert: