Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

fadam
Apr 23, 2008

Captain Oblivious posted:

Guy you're kind of dumb so I'll lay it out in really simple terms:

If two equally skilled players are fighting, the one that has gear that makes them get Revenge off of two or three blocks is gonna win.

Nah, not necessarily. You can bait revenge, throw them off, parry their attacks etc.

You're obviously at a disadvantage but it's not 10-0.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

fadam
Apr 23, 2008

Yorkshire Pudding posted:

"If two equally skilled players fight, better gear wins"
"Nah, not if one player is more skilled"

A less skilled player can throw a higher skilled player off a cliff. Consistently good players lose to random people in fighting games all the time.

I get that it's nice to try and blame losses on something other than being bad but lmao at the number of people in this thread who think its their gear or their character holding them back.

fadam
Apr 23, 2008

NoEyedSquareGuy posted:

Some baffling arguments going on here. 1v1 matches with one character having statistically more powerful gear are actually balanced because the person with high level gear might be bad at the game? It doesn't make them invincible and you can beat high level players if you play well yourself, but if I have an axe with 1 attack and you have an axe with 2 attack, you clearly have the advantage.

Nobody said it's balanced. It's just not unwinnable.

fadam
Apr 23, 2008

Xeremides posted:

He isn't arguing that it's unwinnable. He's saying it skews the balance in favor of the person with better gear.

I feel like everyone is arguing past each other for the sake of continuing the argument.

Captain Oblivious posted:

Guy you're kind of dumb so I'll lay it out in really simple terms:

If two equally skilled players are fighting, the one that has gear that makes them get Revenge off of two or three blocks is gonna win.

I don't think so, Tim.

fadam
Apr 23, 2008

Haroshia posted:

Gear doesn't mean poo poo unless it's a class with full revenge gain gear that gets hit twice then revenges and locks you in an infinite shove/headbutt/shieldbash/whatever chain until you die

Seriously gently caress off with your anecdotal "I WON AGAINST SUPERIOR GEAR SO GEAR IS FINE". Even if you can win around it it's still anti-fun as gently caress for people who want a somewhat competitive environment. Even though it might fracture the playerbase having the ability to mark it as a preferred game mode in 4v4s would be great. Yeah you might still fall into a gear active 4v4 but that's why there's no leaver penalty so :shrug:

I have revenge gain on injury and block maxed on Warlord and in a 1v1 it takes way more than 2 blocked hits to get revenge mode.

fadam
Apr 23, 2008

Xeremides posted:

You just said it's impossible to have two players of equal skill fight each other, so if you're going to try to use that example to defeat his claim, you also have to admit that in his scenario, the guy with better gear wins because he's fighting himself.

I'm using that as an example for morons in this thread saying that someone with better gear is automatically unbeatable.

Obviously they're at a big advantage, but until you're literally playing perfectly and still losing to people in better gear there are things you can do about it that don't involve being a crybaby bitch on the SA forums.

fadam
Apr 23, 2008

Giving up on things that are hard is a really good attitude to have.

fadam
Apr 23, 2008

Literally every Warlord I play with/against has a cooler looking shirt/shoulder than me :(

fadam
Apr 23, 2008

Nasgate posted:

All that matters is the shield you use to enfeeble them and the helmet/horns you use to make them rage quit.
My first blue shield is brass with a skeleton engraving :black101:

My shield and sword look gangster:

fadam
Apr 23, 2008

Doltos posted:

I just fell for the quit to desktop button at the end of a match. Why would you put that in place where quit to menu was for the last few weeks?

gently caress I knew something was up. I did that twice today.

fadam
Apr 23, 2008

I'd rather deal with all these zone attacks and revenge gear and whatever than these conquerors running the fast revive set. So frustrating to play against.

fadam
Apr 23, 2008

signalnoise posted:

How does this help me if I don't want my success to depend on picking a class based on prevalence of another class?

I mean is the balance in this game supposed to be rock paper scissors?

There isn't a class in this game that can't beat the other classes in a 1v1 hth

fadam
Apr 23, 2008

signalnoise posted:

I'll do it just because I have nothing to do idgaf but I'm on PS4 so I dunno if it's possible?

I'm on PC so it looks like we'll just both have to stop poo poo posting.

fadam
Apr 23, 2008

GuardianOfAsgaard posted:

What does a star next to an item mean? Just pulled a real fancy looking purple spear head with a star. Some kind of additional rarity?

Rare skin iirc. The stats won't be any better than any other item that level, though.

fadam
Apr 23, 2008

Berserker is really fun and a nice change from Warlord. It's amazing how much mileage you can get out of mix-ups from feinting the heavy hit in the chain.

fadam
Apr 23, 2008

I think it has dodge immunity at the beginning and it moves her hitbox slightly back so you can dodge some attacks but I'm really not sure. You can cancel some attacks into it right? Maybe there's a mixup or something you can do idk

fadam
Apr 23, 2008

God, it's crazy how much more forgiving Warlord is than Berserker. I think I'm like 2 for 15 in duels tonight.

fadam
Apr 23, 2008

Yeah i'm on record as saying Conqueror was the worst class in the game but I was 100% wrong. Guaranteed damage that isn't tied to a parry or GB is really strong.

fadam
Apr 23, 2008

Hopefully a patch to fix all the fuckered things in this game comes out by the time I'm done with the new Nier.

fadam
Apr 23, 2008

Are there notes for the hotfix and patch coming? I can't find them on Reddit.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

fadam
Apr 23, 2008

Gear (even this current hosed up implementation) I think would be mostly fine if it didn't require a huge investment to get. My only real problem with it is that it disincentivizes playing low level characters in 4v4 games.