Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

koolkal
Oct 21, 2008

this thread maybe doesnt have room for 2 green xbox one avs

Scoss posted:

In particular the combat revolves completely around stances-- a top, left, and right stance. On a controller you change stances with the R stick by pushing in the direction of the stance and it feels very natural. On KBAM you change stances with mouse gestures and I wanted nothing to do with it.

I tried it with both mouse and a controller and I actually like the mouse option more, switching stances is so much faster

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

koolkal
Oct 21, 2008

this thread maybe doesnt have room for 2 green xbox one avs
I think the game is decent, the core fighting system is good IMO

But everything built around that system is so mediocre. The 4v4 mode is meh, it's like they saw the recent popularity of dynasty warriors type games right now and tried to shove their 1v1 game into this by throwing in 1 AoE attack for each character and throwing in some mooks to hit

2v2 is basically just 1v1 and the singleplayer mode feels like an afterthought on a multiplayer-focused game, The duel bots are good I guess, this is one of the few games where I felt like fighting the AI in 1v1s was actually fun

So it's a multiplayer game with essentially 1 game mode for $60

And that's before even getting into the peer2peer part of it. It's less of a problem in 1v1s and 2v2s but in 4v4s on PC there's so many DCs and lag and host transfers

The game has a hugely negative word-of-mouth in PC communities, pretty much entirely due to p2p. I don't own the consoles so maybe they're more into it but I wouldn't expect much of a playerbase on PC a month after release