Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Shifty gimbal
Dec 28, 2008

Hey you... I got something to tell ya
Biscuit Hider
This thread has been a fascinating ride so far. Everybody on the internet is a network engineer.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Shifty gimbal
Dec 28, 2008

Biscuit Hider
I think I remember being able to set up a custom match against a specific bot. Check under "Custom match" in the main menu and look around in its options to get what you want.

Shifty gimbal
Dec 28, 2008

Biscuit Hider
Expect the faction war to bloom into something that has more meaning eventually. It's a little spartan right now and is missing stuff that gives players more control over its results. It's like fish out of water right now.

Shifty gimbal fucked around with this message at 09:04 on Feb 11, 2017

Shifty gimbal
Dec 28, 2008

Biscuit Hider

Psycho Society posted:

This game reminds me of the Deadliest Warrior fighting game for the xbox 360, did anyone ever play that? poo poo was the best for getting stoned and repeatedly murdering your room mates

The game has passed and was sort of cheap but certainly not forgotten! Perhaps one day For Honor will give us the possibility once again of choosing William Wallace and shouting "piss and shite!" at player two.

Shifty gimbal
Dec 28, 2008

Biscuit Hider

Internet Kraken posted:

Its so, so dumb that the if someone leaves in the aftergame lobby the game either replaces them with a bot or closes the match entirely. Why would you not allow those slots to be filled with people searching for a game??

This is pretty much the most hosed thing right now in the game in my opinion and needs to be fixed ASAP. The day one patches are going to be meaty for sure but I'm guessing that this isn't going to be in there.

Shifty gimbal
Dec 28, 2008

Biscuit Hider

Zzulu posted:

The game also needs more maps and content soon, which is coming apparently in 3 months...which is good

The beta contains only a smidgen of maps and armors and stuff. Many things will get added on release, so you can expect the game to already get more content in a few days rather than in three months.

Shifty gimbal
Dec 28, 2008

Biscuit Hider

Chomp8645 posted:

lol

"Smidgen": A majority of.

Nope but you're welcomed to guess wildly.

Shifty gimbal fucked around with this message at 18:55 on Feb 12, 2017

Shifty gimbal
Dec 28, 2008

Biscuit Hider

Chomp8645 posted:

lol I'm not guessing you jackass. The information is public. We are getting two more maps at release. We already have more than two maps, ergo we have a majority already.

There are supposed to be six maps for dominion and there are plenty of others that aren't used by dominion but rather by the other modes. Hell, the beta only has three of the dominion maps, that doesn't spell out majority. There are also far less than a majority of the gears available that'll be in retail.

Shifty gimbal
Dec 28, 2008

Biscuit Hider

Captain Beans posted:

I played a 4v4 deathmatch where like 4 players on either team were the Raider so all match you just hear him doing the shout for his unblockable over and over across the whole map it was pretty great. Dominion has a bunch of ambient explosions but 4v4 deathmatch is pretty quiet.

Speaking of the voices: Do knights speak in latin? Vikings speak russian?

If you think 4 raiders shouting their unblockable in a map is amazing, just you wait until you get 4 Lawbringers.

Spin2Win

Shifty gimbal
Dec 28, 2008

Biscuit Hider
Revenge mode in duel is basically the diamond in Puzzle Fighter. If you somehow get to it and you don't kill the other player with it, he's sure to follow very shortly.

Shifty gimbal
Dec 28, 2008

Biscuit Hider

OctaMurk posted:

Not quite, there will be a second beta available on the 14th but it's only open to people who bought the game

lol

Shifty gimbal
Dec 28, 2008

Biscuit Hider

Captain Beans posted:

How is it even possible to generate enough meter in a 1v1 to get revenge?

I've purposely tried to do it and never even got close even in testing custom match 1v1 with a friend.

Yes but it's not very common. I've only had it happen with bulky characters, Warden vs Conqueror or whatever combination of hp fatties. It doesn't happen with brittle bleedies.

Shifty gimbal
Dec 28, 2008

Biscuit Hider

Chomp8645 posted:

I didn't know myself, so I looked it up...

:eyepop:

First Pepe, now this...

Shifty gimbal
Dec 28, 2008

Biscuit Hider
I can't believe the entire betas passed and I've yet to see a looping gif of the tin can hump.

Shifty gimbal
Dec 28, 2008

Biscuit Hider

Zzulu posted:

He is slow, easily avoided, has short range and a limited moveset

his "unavoidable attack" is the most telegraphed attack in the game

The unavoidable attack has a few ways to get it in -- either a risky bet that the guy will attempt to jump into it and let your superarmor suck up the hit while you let it fly, or drain his stamina completely with a few smacks and a headbutt, throw 'em to the ground and let her rip.
Dealing with a Conqueror is tricky because he's so easy to block, but I'll be damned if his grab special isn't just perfect for shield guys.

Shifty gimbal
Dec 28, 2008

Biscuit Hider

Internet Kraken posted:

People really don't like fighting against the Shugoki!

Can confirm!

So here's the thing with that: There was a bug during an earlier version where people would join up in a degenerated lobby. The game would never start, so people would queue in, sit around for a while and jump back out since it wasn't doing anything. It was temporarily fixed by nuking the degenerated lobbies as they appear, but it takes a few before they're detected and killed. That error is the temporary workaround to keep people from getting in a degenerated lobby until the server kills it. a *real* fix should be coming much sooner than later, from what I understand. Yeah the error is dumb, it would have been nice if it was automatically hidden but it was a hasty fix until the real one makes the whole situation obsolete anyway.

Shifty gimbal
Dec 28, 2008

Biscuit Hider

Roobanguy posted:

i have no idea how to punish nobuishi as a warden. i can't hit them with anything after a parry because they're to far away and then they just stab me.

They're poor blockers and their swings tend to be a little sluggish. Be aggressive. Use a lot of quick attacks, with the occasional strong in there. The Warden's toolset isn't particularly apt at dealing with the nobushi if you're letting her play her game, but if you go berserk on her rear end she tends to get overwhelmed.

Shifty gimbal
Dec 28, 2008

Biscuit Hider
During a duel:
:smug: "I don't want to fight you"
:burger: "scared huh?"
:smug: "Ehhh... I don't like fighting to Shoguki. He's aids."
:burger: *fucks him up* ""Looks like the AIDS got you"
:smug: "This is why he's aids. This isn't a sumo match!"
:smug: *gets punted 15 feet away, dies as he lands, immediately rage quits*

Shifty gimbal
Dec 28, 2008

Biscuit Hider
If you're playing Shugoki and you lost your superarmor canceling a guardbreak rather than halfway thru a swing, you've already hosed up. Always be trading

Shifty gimbal
Dec 28, 2008

Biscuit Hider

fadam posted:

-1v1 round time goes down to like 1:30.
This isn't enough time for tank vs tank fights.

Shifty gimbal
Dec 28, 2008

Biscuit Hider

Donnerberg posted:

I hit prestige 2 and was really disappointed to find my next new item was a palette swap of an older item. Are there still new models at 2 and up?

yes.

Shifty gimbal
Dec 28, 2008

Biscuit Hider

Chomp8645 posted:

Sometimes you are the only Samurai in the game and you just gotta REPRESENT.

I don't think I've ever seen a sub-100 Dominion score prior to this.

Congrats on beating up FaceplantMike. Sounds like he was a real challenge.

Shifty gimbal
Dec 28, 2008

Biscuit Hider
Hopefully nobody in the thread is paying for cheats because there are ban passes everyday.
In order to have an internet connection with someone, IPs are inevitable unless you're going thru a 3rd party that's playing telephone for you (at the expense of whatever latency is added for doing so). Having an internet connection with someone is a risk, yeah. Giving someone a handshake is a risk too.

Shifty gimbal fucked around with this message at 21:43 on Feb 20, 2017

Shifty gimbal
Dec 28, 2008

Biscuit Hider

4000 Dollar Suit posted:

A friend of mine recommended this game to me as "like Dark Souls but better/harder" whatever the gently caress that means, looking at game-play it doesn't seem to be at all like dark souls.

If you're really into the PVP, there's some similarities there, but if you're into Dark Souls for the adventuring, yeah...

Shifty gimbal
Dec 28, 2008

Biscuit Hider
I don't understand why people will honor duels in brawl, but will then immediately jump at you and get a smack in while you're executing the guy. It's like a cat letting you pet its belly and will suddenly bite the poo poo out of you. Why pretend? Just jump in halfway thru the fight. You aren't kidding anyone.

Shifty gimbal
Dec 28, 2008

Biscuit Hider
Yo off subject but I'm just going to throw this out there. Network experts claiming that revealing your IP to people you're trying to connect to is a huge security risk and practically a cybercrime (someone could take control of a botnet and DDOS your IP!): it might as well be the mayor of Knifecrime Island gawking at your knife stand just hanging out on your kitchen counter.

Shifty gimbal
Dec 28, 2008

Biscuit Hider

Doltos posted:

My NAT is green and I've been kicked the last 4 matches for low FPS even though this games installed on my SSD with the latest drivers.

Worst part about it is I'm consistently getting kicked right at the end of the match. Like literally as it's ending.

Your SSD won't do anything for FPS most of the time. The SSD will mostly only affect loading times. FPS means CPU and/or GPU.

Shifty gimbal
Dec 28, 2008

Biscuit Hider

Zaphod42 posted:

SSD has entirely gently caress-all to do with FPS dude. SSD just makes you load faster. :v: Why would you even say SSD?

Turn your settings down?

And with most games these days its entirely GPU.

A few exceptions exist like GTA, but still.

Yeah usually it's the GPU. This one might be a special exception for CPU though because the simulation stuff is a huge performance drag.

Shifty gimbal
Dec 28, 2008

Biscuit Hider

7c Nickel posted:

Just went against a guy with the Salt Shaker emblem. I was playing Raider, he was playing Orochi. He rage quit after he lost the first 2 rounds.

Maybe his emblem was about himself.

Shifty gimbal
Dec 28, 2008

Biscuit Hider

Elliotw2 posted:

I love domination matches where my team doesn't bother grouping up or taking objectives and we lost 1500 to 100.

Yeaah no kidding. My dominion match of the day was when all three of my teammates finished with zero kills.

Shifty gimbal
Dec 28, 2008

Biscuit Hider

Hugoon Chavez posted:

I got unlocked CONSTANTLY while using my old xbox360 controller (I think it was due to L3 being too sensitive?) And it made it impossible to play with it, making me switch to M&KB because it won't accept my Nintendo pro controller ):

For Honor will accept Nintendo Pro controllers if you launch it thru steam.
Seriously. Add ForHonor.exe as a shortcut in your steam games list (Games -> Add non-steam game to my library) and Steam will make sure that it works.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Shifty gimbal
Dec 28, 2008

Biscuit Hider