Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Zzulu
May 15, 2009

(▰˘v˘▰)
Never heard of this game until I stumbled upon it the other day. Looks cool as gently caress. If it has any longevity at all, I'm in

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Zzulu
May 15, 2009

(▰˘v˘▰)

Fresh Shesh Besh posted:

I'm a little late to the party because I haven't been following this since the last tech test, but I have 3 invites for anyone who wants to get in for today/tomorrow. First come first serve obviously. More of you nerds need to be in mumble chopping mans.

Add me on uplay: FreshSheshBesh

I've added you BUDDY

Zzulu
May 15, 2009

(▰˘v˘▰)
I haven't played it yet but from watching videos it seems like it is sorely lacking stuff like objectives. Almost all gameplay vids I saw were people piling on some straggler or stabbing eachother in the back while running around a small map. Repeat for 15 min...

Feels like an "assault/defend" playstyle would have been cooler where one team is dedicated to defense and the other is attacking, like in Overwatch or something.

Zzulu
May 15, 2009

(▰˘v˘▰)
Running away is fine with me if health doesn't regen. But running away to your zones and regenning is lame as hell

Zzulu
May 15, 2009

(▰˘v˘▰)
The game is growing on me

It was incredibly frustrating for the first hour or two as I just failed at everything and had no idea what to do and that loving enemy nobushi kept slicing me apart

But now I'm racking up kills and it feels good. Still, the game needs more gamemodes and wayyyyyyy more maps or else people won't stick around

Zzulu
May 15, 2009

(▰˘v˘▰)
There's that fat samurai with the spike club guy missing at least

https://ubistatic19-a.akamaihd.net/resource/en-US/game/forhonor/fh-game/fh_hero-shugoki_1274kbps_ncsa.mp4

Zzulu
May 15, 2009

(▰˘v˘▰)
And the lawbringer;
https://ubistatic19-a.akamaihd.net/resource/en-US/game/forhonor/fh-game/fh_hero-lawbringer-1274kbps_ncsa.mp4

and valkyries
https://ubistatic19-a.akamaihd.net/resource/en-US/game/forhonor/fh-game/fh_hero-valkyrie-1274kbps_ncsa.mp4

Zzulu
May 15, 2009

(▰˘v˘▰)
Game needs a map that is 10x the size of the current 4v4 maps and then make it a 12vs12 map :getin:

They should also do

*mounted combat
*naval combat and boarding
*wizards

Zzulu
May 15, 2009

(▰˘v˘▰)
This game has

+ good combat
+ nice graphics
+ cool aesthetics

- Lack of maps
- Lots of disconnects
- Lack of gamemodes
- Doesn't feel fleshed out fully

Zzulu
May 15, 2009

(▰˘v˘▰)
Sit down, china

you're planned for the dlc

Zzulu
May 15, 2009

(▰˘v˘▰)
some things I've missed:

How do some people go super saiyan? They start glowing and anyone near them gets flung back. Is it the revenge meter thing? Why do I never get to go supersaiyan :(

How do you block from behind? I've backstabbed people who blocked me while facing the opposite way :stare:

Zzulu
May 15, 2009

(▰˘v˘▰)

DrGreatJob posted:

So... what is the point of the minions? To be incredibly annoying and just in the way?

And why are there ranged attacks that do like 75% of my HP?

I like this game, but man, there are some highly questionable design decisions.

The minions are there to add some dynamics to one of the points. You also get points for killing them and it builds up your abilities. Everyone gets abilities but they're locked at the start of a 4v4 so you have to kill minions and players to unlock them (or stand idle at A or C and it'll slowly build as well...) THe ranged attacks are part of those abilities

Remember you have an Area of Effect ability if you press your two mousebuttons at once. It'll wipe out 5-6 minions in one attack

Zzulu fucked around with this message at 08:30 on Jan 29, 2017

Zzulu
May 15, 2009

(▰˘v˘▰)
I can't remember the name but the girl hero with the long spear thingy is so good in 4v4. You can just dart in, deal some damage and then dart out again. There's no need to commit to any fight fully unless you feel like it... you can just poison fools left and right and run around the battlefield like the most annoying person ever

Zzulu
May 15, 2009

(▰˘v˘▰)
i can not believe you would use the best strategy against me in this competitive videogame

you are SUCH A DICK

Zzulu
May 15, 2009

(▰˘v˘▰)
this game had grown on me tremendously

Zzulu
May 15, 2009

(▰˘v˘▰)
I was ready to drop this game an hour in... Thought the combat was messy and the gamemodes super unengaging

But now? I fuckin love it

I think if you are interested in the combat system primarily and learning all the intricacies of it over time, then that is going to keep you entertained long enough for the game to earn its 60 dollar pricetag..

Just be aware that it might be super frustrating during your first few moments (in 4v4) because you'll be spending those getting gangbanged by more experienced players and it'll feel supershitty and like the game is just a clusterfuck of "pile on the solo guy!"... Which is definitely a part of it, but as you get more experienced you'll learn to avoid those situations and you'll team up more with your teammates and it'll become quite a complex team oriented actionfest... Just about nothing beats interrupting the guy who is about to destroy your teammate and then shieldbashing him into a mote full of spikes instead :allears:

The combat system is SUPER deep, way deeper than first meets the eye. I've seen people pull off some real ninja poo poo and even managed to do some myself. The tutorial does not go over half of it. Fortunately there are literally videos in game showing all the moves, for ALL the classes, both basic and advanced. I recommend watching those

I was going up against a conqueror who just obliterated me and my friend, despite us attacking in concert. He knocked us around, blocked our poo poo and then tossed me off a ledge. Even though I got completely owned it was so beautiful to watch lol so I wasn't even that mad. Though I only tolerated it because I recognized what the other player was doing

When I was new I couldn't recognize anything the opposing players did so I didn't see the subtle attack cancelling or positioning or comboing that I see now, I just saw the:siren: clusterfuck.:siren:

The combat system is going to take a lot of time to master and it's realllllly scratching the competitive itch I got

SO

if you like being competitive, if you like deep melee systems and the primary draw is the combat itself, then I'd say this is a good buy... but it takes getting used to. I only thought it got really fun once I got pretty good and could hold my own in dominion

Zzulu fucked around with this message at 10:23 on Jan 30, 2017

Zzulu
May 15, 2009

(▰˘v˘▰)
*flails someones head clean off*

Just the fact that I get to use a flail in a videogame again is pure gold

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AulQXy4jlDY&t=18s

Zzulu fucked around with this message at 09:30 on Jan 30, 2017

Zzulu
May 15, 2009

(▰˘v˘▰)
King of the hill game mode where contestans enter in and stand around a ring, like fight club. You gotta fight the king and if you beat him you become king

Swarm game mode where you and up to 3 buds fight off increasing waves of enemy A.I, like in Mass Effect MP

Clusterfuck game mode where it's 12vs12 on a large map and one team defends a bunch of objectives in stages and one team attacks

They could add so much

Zzulu
May 15, 2009

(▰˘v˘▰)
I gotta get better at dodging. I've met characters who enter the matrix every time I try to hit them and literally all my attacks miss constantly. It's so frustrating and I want to be able to do it

Zzulu
May 15, 2009

(▰˘v˘▰)
premade groups are going to be monstrously overpowered in dominion

Zzulu
May 15, 2009

(▰˘v˘▰)
Yeah but I want to be able to see it, like in Overwatch, before a game starts so I know I can just quit right there or do a gimmick and spend the entire game on a ladder trying to buttslide-kill people

Zzulu
May 15, 2009

(▰˘v˘▰)
this game is all about honorable face to face duels

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oVUh0MldXDQ

Zzulu
May 15, 2009

(▰˘v˘▰)
MY BLADE HUNGERS for some buttstabbing

Zzulu
May 15, 2009

(▰˘v˘▰)
yes

Zzulu
May 15, 2009

(▰˘v˘▰)
this game is built on frustration, it is the very foundation it rests upon

that and the tears of people who expect bushido e-honorabu duels

Zzulu
May 15, 2009

(▰˘v˘▰)
*runs up behind some guy trying to farm footsoldiers in mid, stabs him with poison*

*runs away*

*guy gives up chasing, so you turn around and stab him with another poison attack again*

*run away*

*repeat until he dies*

Zzulu
May 15, 2009

(▰˘v˘▰)
It's easier to block them if they're attacking from the side because it kinda autoblocks them no matter what they do if that happens and you have the block thing in their direction

That's probably why so many people get massive revenge influx when they get piled upon, not because they are masters at blocking a ton of people at once

Zzulu
May 15, 2009

(▰˘v˘▰)
Well, I think the game is fun so whether or not some matches will have cheaters can't really impact my decision to buy it, you know? I can't get this fix from another game so this is it

Zzulu
May 15, 2009

(▰˘v˘▰)
hold on to your butts, cuz theres gon be hackin

Zzulu
May 15, 2009

(▰˘v˘▰)
this is the first game that ive playex that lets me play a realistic roided out berserker woman

Zzulu
May 15, 2009

(▰˘v˘▰)
Oh yeah, there are gonna be hackers. I already bought the game but I know this

Everyone should know this

But playing 4v4 with goons is pretty much amazing sooooo, still worth the monies

Zzulu
May 15, 2009

(▰˘v˘▰)
Two new heroes and maps every 3 months? :stare:

Zzulu
May 15, 2009

(▰˘v˘▰)
How many viking classes can you even make

This guy has an axe! THIS guy has a bigger axe!! THIS guy has two axes!! THIS GUY HAS TWO BIG AXES :O

Zzulu
May 15, 2009

(▰˘v˘▰)
I guess they could explore hammers too

Zzulu
May 15, 2009

(▰˘v˘▰)
Now I want a viking who just beats on people with his fists

Zzulu
May 15, 2009

(▰˘v˘▰)
Conqueror because he looks the coolest and smashing people with a flail mace is super awesome. And then the Nobushi because I love the rear end in a top hat playstyle of it... And beating huge roided out manfantasies with this tiny woman in a mask and ponytail is neat

Zzulu
May 15, 2009

(▰˘v˘▰)
I kind of look forward to the singleplayer as well. I like their presentation of some crazy warlady trying to just start wars everywhere because gently caress IT, WHY NOT. STRONG WILL SURVIVE. It's very warhammery

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=abDY3wrX1xs

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-fukpFfz27o

Zzulu
May 15, 2009

(▰˘v˘▰)
In the beta all the heroes were locked and in the few days i played (2-3 days?) i unlocked all of them and also bought some gear stuff

Zzulu fucked around with this message at 20:43 on Feb 3, 2017

Zzulu
May 15, 2009

(▰˘v˘▰)

Prawned posted:

Man they really appear to have phoned-in any attempt at a story (no surprise) for the single-player. Hopefully the campaign is fun to play just for the sake of it, but really why bother make a single-player if you're not gonna have a decent go at it?

What on earth are you basing this on? Is there some lovely singleplayer video I've missed? All the cinematics and story intros look cool so far

I personally don't think it's gonna be amazing because as we all know, this is primarily an MP game... But like, Titanfall 2 had a decent SP campaign and it was also primarily an MP game. So we'll have to see I guess

Zzulu fucked around with this message at 08:03 on Feb 4, 2017

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Zzulu
May 15, 2009

(▰˘v˘▰)

OctaMurk posted:

Jesus christ, why. We already had a mumble channel, can we just not split people up even further?

i vastly prefer discord because it includes a chat which is good for those of us with busted mics. There's just no benefit to mumble at all