Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Zaodai
May 23, 2009

Death before dishonor?
Your terms are accepted.

How are the net code and ubi servers holding up so far? The game looks pretty cool (much like Siege), but I worry that Uplay being the retarded monkeys they are that it will be hampered by their trademark terrible servers and netcode (also like Siege).

Also, on PC how does gamepad compare to mouse and keyboard? Seems like a dual stick setup would probably work really well, having not played it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Zaodai
May 23, 2009

Death before dishonor?
Your terms are accepted.

Wait, if the host drops? This is all peer to peer?

Zaodai
May 23, 2009

Death before dishonor?
Your terms are accepted.

Keegers posted:

I personally like the p2p as I feel it reduces lag in 1v1

Well, it would be assured to reduce lag at least 50% of the time in that situation, because the host is getting zero lag and a big advantage.

As much as I poo poo on Ubi's terrible servers, running a low lat multiplayer combat game peer to peer in the year 2017 is hilariously even worse. I might pick this up when it's on sale or something down the road, but yeah I'm not putting down AAA money to play a game on some guy's Tandy in Croatia because he made the lobby.