Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Sharkopath
May 27, 2009

Brackhar posted:

I highly enjoyed my alpha experience, and will be picking this up at launch. The Orochi class was so good though I'm not sure why I'd play anything else; deflect was the bomb.

Conversely: I loved punishing Orochis that were trying to be tricksy as Warden/Kensei/Conqueror

Those 3 I felt had really good counters depending on the situation and the range, kensei just being able to chase you down if you tried to do the dodge back attack forward move.

This game has a lot of depth in its combat system but also let people who were surrounded hold their own until help arrived which I appreciate coming from games like Chivalry where doing a 2v1 is usually a death sentence.

I think they should definitely get rid of the ringouts for the 2v2 and duel modes though, so many arena zones start you out already within range of being thrown off and it's not really that much fun to end a bunch of rounds with instant death because you made 1 mistake countering their toss.

Sharkopath fucked around with this message at 07:25 on Oct 13, 2016

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sharkopath
May 27, 2009

Fuzz posted:

What.

The headbutt is hugely telegraphed and easily dodged by basically everyone by dodging sideways. Hell, it will get you punished quick by a competent assassin, valk, or nob. The conqueror's shield slam is way better and drains WAY more if the target's stamina, to boot, and can also be done from side dodges. The Warden's shoulder check has a more obvious tell but can also be cancelled into a GB, which is a hard counter to the exact hard counter to the check, which is the aforementioned dodge. :wtc:

If anything is too strong on the Warlord, it's that you can stack his improved combat damage first tier passive with the third tier passive that chips damage through blocks, plus he can resurrect himself on death and his second tier passive gives him DR.

All of those combined plus his ability to all guard make him a loving wrecking ball if he gets the star buff and then enemy team all jump on him and give him revenge... You can try to block but he'll still damage you, he had a huge health pool and takes less damage, and when you kill him he'll stand right back up immediately and do it all over again.

That's the only actually scary thing he has. Otherwise he's fine. It's a ridiculous synergy.

The headbutt doesn't work at the higher level of play and instead I spend more focus on draining stamina with parries and keeping opponents near walls for free hits, which isn't specific to warlord at all.

People still get really mad about it though.