Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Tykero
Jun 22, 2009
Tykero on Uplay, looking for a friend code if anyone has one.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tykero
Jun 22, 2009

bunky posted:

I've got 3 beta invites if anyone is still interested in trying this out. Uplay is the.bunky
e: forgot to mention I'm on PC

I sent you a friend request, Tykero on uPlay.

Tykero
Jun 22, 2009
I mained Kensei towards the end of the Closed Beta. Seeing a bunch of buffs for Kensei going into Open Beta is a bit exciting. More health, more damage on light attacks and mobility attacks. Should be some fun stuff.

Tykero
Jun 22, 2009

lemonadesweetheart posted:

Is there a decent stats page someone can link to, to show how popular certain classes are etc? Any search is showing up gear stats stuff or personal k/d poo poo. I'm curious how common certain classes are versus the perceived OP-ness. Orochi seem to be the most prevalent based on my experience.

This is just data gathered by one player, but still relevant I think:

https://www.reddit.com/r/CompetitiveForHonor/comments/60otot/hero_popularity_iii_v103/

http://imgur.com/a/nPoxq

Tykero
Jun 22, 2009
This game always forgets my display setting and launches on the wrong monitor. Drives me nuts. The monitor it seems to like is not my primary monitor in any setting anywhere, so I'm not sure why it does it.

Also the Shinobi kick makes my Nobushi really sad.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tykero
Jun 22, 2009
Shinobi can be annoying to fight but he doesn't feel unfair, even with his kick being a pretty strong part of his kit. He's fragile enough that just guessing right against him a couple times is enough to off him, and outplaying him leads to a relatively large punish.

Centurion is different. In 1v1 he's merely strong, with an absurd 60 damage light parry punish and a good mixup game, offset by his low hp.
In 4v4 modes, however, he is ruining the game. A single Centurion is dangerous in a multi-fight scenario. Two of them roaming together can lock you in a cutscene of your death with no recourse other than hoping their controllers disconnect.
Other crowd control characters have some mitigating factors that make playing around them interesting, and more importantly physically possible. Shugoki's Demon's Embrace is telegraphed, relatively slow, and heavily punishes him on a whiff. Lawbringer's Long Arm is also slow and heavily telegraphed. Fighting two of them at once is annoying, but at least you can disengage somewhat reliably. Other crowd control abilities generally allow an early recovery for the victim if they're struck by an outside attack.
Not the Centurion.
You will be dodging an onslaught of kicks, guard breaks, lunging stabs, and whiff/blocked heavy into charged heavy, some of which have mindblowingly nonsencial tracking, and if a single one lands, you die. Revenge doesn't save you. It is profoundly moronic that this character exists in this state in 4v4.
Just making a mistake against a Centurion can lead to a confirmed chain of 70+ damage with the Haymaker feat before his teammate(s) jump in. No other class is capable of inflicting such egregious injury without environmentals (oh and Centurion does very well with those too) from a single mistake aside from a critical health Shugoki.

Yes I'm bitter. I liked Dominion, but I'm finding it wholly unenjoyable with this class making GBS threads up the place in droves.

Tykero fucked around with this message at 21:58 on May 22, 2017