Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Roobanguy
May 31, 2011

hows this game play with mouse and keyboard? wanna know if i should just my controller ready before jumping in after the betas done downloading.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Roobanguy
May 31, 2011

no one ever says good fight to me after a duel :(

Roobanguy
May 31, 2011

the community in the beta is pretty chill. some dude curb stomped me as a warden in a duel and gave me tips how to get better with my warden game.

Roobanguy
May 31, 2011

Captain Spoon posted:

Just started playing the beta. Is there a way to regain health in this game?

sitting on a or c if you have them regains health. other than that getting executions or killing ai soldiers if you have a skill.

Roobanguy
May 31, 2011

man i have no idea how to deal with law bringers as a warden. their grab is ridiculous.

Roobanguy
May 31, 2011

vandalism posted:

I've watched some really short gameplay clips. The game looks beautiful and fun to control the guys but I just can't get over two things: what the gently caress do vikings, knights, and samurai have to do with one another, and you have to slash a dude about 30 times with a razor sharp katana/sword/axe to kill him. Still looks kinda cool I guess.

a super bad earthquake hosed up the world and somehow made the vikings, knights, and piratessamurai super close and now they are fighting for the remainder of the world.

Roobanguy
May 31, 2011

had my first ragequit in a duel right as i was about to win, which was silly because it was p. evenly matched.

Roobanguy
May 31, 2011

the revenge system could use some work. evening a 2v1 to 2v2 shouldnt give the dude im targeting more revenge.

Roobanguy
May 31, 2011

haha apparently the geysers will instantly kill you if you're standing on them when they explode. just won a duel that way.

Roobanguy
May 31, 2011

i had fun in the beta but i might wait for a sale to buy it full price.

i hope this doesn't have the problem that siege has where the new characters every season are just straight up better than the originals for a few weeks.

Roobanguy
May 31, 2011

Prawned posted:

I can't remember exactly, but I thought you had to buy the new heroes in siege, no option to use in-game currency? Or maybe that's just the newest ones or maybe I got it all wrong. Either way it's good that they add the free maps and possibly modes and cosmetics and poo poo regardless.

people who had the season pass got the new operators for free and had them exclusively for a week. after that week you could buy them with ingame money. they were vastly more expensive than the base operators but if you played regularly the prior season you could immediately purchase them after they were available to non season pass users.

it's a pretty smart system all together.

Roobanguy
May 31, 2011

Internet Kraken posted:

Its so, so dumb that the if someone leaves in the aftergame lobby the game either replaces them with a bot or closes the match entirely. Why would you not allow those slots to be filled with people searching for a game??

unless they changed things in the open beta, i have joined on games in progress and replaced bots.

Roobanguy
May 31, 2011

Internet Kraken posted:

Oh yeah, you can replace bots in actual matches. But when a match ends and you're waiting in a lobby for the next to start? New players can't join then. If someone leaves they get replaced with a bot, and if enough people leave the match just closes. Its so stupid.

oh, i misread what you said.

yeah that's real dumb.

Roobanguy
May 31, 2011

I played the deathmatch mode and went 12-2 and felt like a real badass.

Roobanguy
May 31, 2011

i hated every chapter that didn't let you play as a warden, which is 2/3 of'em.

it probably didn't help that i was playing realistic so i had no loving clue what way any attacks were coming non beta characters/orochis.

Roobanguy
May 31, 2011

its cool when every death you get in a domination is because a teammate "helps" you against another player.

Roobanguy
May 31, 2011

lawbringer is king of knocking you off ledges.

Roobanguy fucked around with this message at 22:51 on Feb 15, 2017

Roobanguy
May 31, 2011

Darth Windu posted:

How does the combat here compare to dark souls?

not really similar in any ways.

Roobanguy
May 31, 2011

Aesis posted:

Tried duel just now. Top light attack works fantastically :swoon: Thanks for the tip!

also in case you don't know, a warden has 2 overhead parrys, if you light attack instead of heavy attacking to parry you'll do a very powerful counterattack. like heavy overhead levels of damage in half a second. punish people throwing heavy top attacks at you with it.

Roobanguy
May 31, 2011

the revenge system in this game is so loving garbage.

evening a 2v1 should not give the person im attacking more revenge, what the gently caress.

Roobanguy
May 31, 2011

i have no idea how to punish nobuishi as a warden. i can't hit them with anything after a parry because they're to far away and then they just stab me.

Roobanguy
May 31, 2011

Evil Canadian posted:

naw, remember too that the side attack counts as hit 1 for your chain leading into the unblockable top attack!

do not do this against a good warden though because he will punish the hell out of the unblockable.

Roobanguy
May 31, 2011

if you play a few hours every week inbetween seasons you'll probably be able to afford all the free characters when they're released if if its anything like siege.

Roobanguy
May 31, 2011

Heartcatch posted:

I like Warden. :unsmith:

warden looks cool

Roobanguy
May 31, 2011

NoEyedSquareGuy posted:

Finally got to Apollyon on realistic in the story and this very well may be the most I've ever hated a game.

atleast dying doesn't restart the entire mission over like the other boss battles.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Roobanguy
May 31, 2011

just played my first duel after not playing since like 2 months after release, and got stomped the first round, but was able to eke out the next 3 fights for a win and the dude rage quit at the end. :allears: