Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Genocyber
Jun 4, 2012

Just played this for 2 hours, holy gently caress it rules. Hesitant to purchase it full price, especially considering it's releasing a week after Nioh, but very strongly tempted to do so.

Also getting ganked in Brawl or Dominion is pretty much just like getting ganked in Dark Souls. Specifically DS1 where you can actually deal with it if you're skilled enough.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Genocyber
Jun 4, 2012

Keegers posted:

I'm having a hard time deciding if they are troll or sjw

Because they couldn't be legitimately complaining about a lack of black characters in the game, no siree.

Genocyber
Jun 4, 2012

Gimbal lock posted:

You can change the skin color of all characters btw.

I was not aware. I'm generally not willing to give most game devs the benefit of the doubt for the obvious.

Genocyber
Jun 4, 2012

Stanley Pain posted:

This would probably be a day one purchase for me if it wasn't P2P matchmaking in TYOL 2017. :mad:

All of the matches I've had so far have been pretty much latency free. Had a few minor hitches during a dominion (4v4) match, but nothing major.

Genocyber
Jun 4, 2012

eonwe posted:

and despite not getting an email or it showing up in my games list or in my beta access, logging into the beta website made it show up

Not to insult you, but did you check everywhere in your inbox? I missed the email with the code for a bit cause of that.

Genocyber
Jun 4, 2012

Chomp8645 posted:

After a full day with the game my biggest impression is that it's just a big "meh". The dueling is pretty good, but that's about where the game's praise ends. And dueling can't hold up a whole $60 title. There is so little content of value here that it's astonishing. I'm feeling bored of the game already. I know that a campaign is coming but let's be quite honest here: who gives a flying gently caress? Also the peer to peer hosting is atrocious. Disconnects are very common in the Dominion mode, especially as any rage quit can trigger them. You will also waste a lot of time failing to join lobbies for any mode.

If you are the kind of person who defends every thread in Games by saying "actually $60 is fine if you're a functional employed adult" while huffing your own farts then sure, go ahead and get the game if it interests you. Anyone who cares about value or even staying interested for more than a single weekend probably shouldn't bother.

I have not run into any of those issues. Played for ~5 hours so far and all my connections have been flawless, no disconnects or trouble finding people to fill matches (always within half a minute) and I've only run into one person who rage quit so far (And it still counted as my win which was nice).

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Genocyber
Jun 4, 2012

Prawned posted:

Nobushi is so hot with her hat and face mask and burka-like clothing, gggrrrnnngghh oh yeah baby that's what i came for