Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

omg chael crash
Jul 8, 2012

Macys paid for this. Noodle Boy and Bonby are bad at video games and even worse friends.

I saw someone earlier in the thread mention microtransactions -- what are they in this game? How obtrusive?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

omg chael crash
Jul 8, 2012

Macys paid for this. Noodle Boy and Bonby are bad at video games and even worse friends.

Zaphod42 posted:

quote:

"What we can confirm at this stage is that all items that have a gameplay importance (new Feats, new Gear Items) will be unlockable by just playing the game," a Ubisoft representative tells PCGamesN.

This is the part that worries me. I don't mind microtransactions, honestly, but I do mind if they allow you to purchase actual, tangible in-game benefits. The way this is worded makes it seems like that you can earn "items that have a gameplay importance" by playing the game -- or just straight up buying them. That's not really a TF2 hat situation.

omg chael crash
Jul 8, 2012

I can't find any information online about what the Delux Editions actually contains -- do you guys know? Can you point me in the right direction?

omg chael crash
Jul 8, 2012

UnfortunateSexFart posted:

PSN was apparently down 40+ mins before launch, so maybe another ddos?

And a half hour after launch

omg chael crash
Jul 8, 2012

This is coming to PS4 for free next week and I'm excited, oddly, to finish the SP. I was TERRIBLE at the MP when I owned the disc version but I think it could be fun to finish the campaign and just beat down on some bots :cheers: