Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Photux
Sep 3, 2012

Funny then, that such darkness gives me hope
Played a bit as a Conqueror last night, and wow am I terrible at this. I do ok until I mess up once and panic and get hit another dozen times. I think I need to stick to duels for a while; even when I do badly I feel like I'm learning, unlike my chaotic flailing in 4v4. I've also never successfully guard break countered another guard break. The timing seems really tight, and having to take my thumb off the stick just takes too long.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Photux
Sep 3, 2012

Speaking of Peacekeeper, I get wrecked by her triple stab guardbreak. It feels like it does crazy damage. Is there any way to stop it, other than getting good at guardbreak counters? Sometimes I don't get stabbed all three times; is that the Peacekeeper just messing up the combo, or is there something I can to avoid taking massive damage if I get guardbroke?

Photux
Sep 3, 2012

Darkmoon2k posted:

It's a 4-piece combo that leads to a heavy attack and eats a lot of stamina. Honestly it's really cumbersome and the sweep can be dodged by average-skilled players.

I'd like to see the deflect window on her dodge/block opened up a bit more. Right now it has a tighter window than a parry and it's hard to pull off. Shoulder Pin is almost never used for that reason, even by high level players I've seen.

Her parry puts way too much spacing between her and her enemy. You can't chain it into anything, sadly.

She has some frustrating quirks and no real strengths that set her apart from other classes, to be honest. I'm Prestige 1 on her and will keep trying to improve, but it feels like she's hard mode with little reward for the effort. This sentiment is mirrored by streamers that I've seen put time into learning her.

Her light chain is pretty good though and can be initiated from a dodge-strike, but landing 3 lights in a row against any competent player is rare.

I've just started playing as the Valkyrie, so I don't know much, but I'm definitely having trouble with her defensive moves. Her dodge/block timing is different from her light attack parry timing is different from her dodge timing is different from her parry timing. Sometimes I try to dodge block and shoulder pin, but I just dodge the attack normally and end up not attacking at all. And with so many defensive moves, I never know which one I should be trying to use.

Photux
Sep 3, 2012

Loopoo posted:

Let's see what I'm complaining about : the fact she can outrun a fellow Assassin class. I'm not complaining about her fight style, I'm not complaining about her bleeds.

I don't think peacekeepers run faster than the other assassins; I think she probably has gear that boosted her sprint speed a lot. However, sprinting is a problem. I had an elimination game yesterday that had multiple rounds end in a draw, because the last surviving orochi on my team just sprinted around the map, while the two enemies could not simultaneously camp the speed boost, camp the revivable bodies, and chase the orochi.