Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Dosvidanya
May 28, 2004

I don't advertise for free ;-*
what does the laurel around a player's level mean, host?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dosvidanya
May 28, 2004

My only concern is that the game doesn't punish people for running out of stamina besides taking away their ability to attack as fast. They can still parry, dodge, guard break resist just as effectively as someone with stamina. The only thing you really gain versus someone with no stamina is that they fall down when you parry them but they aren't going to attack and now get to dedicate 100% of their mental resources to defending.

Dosvidanya
May 28, 2004

Evil Canadian posted:

Then you get a free guard break/unblockable/gimmick and go from there??? Stam break is basically a death sentence.

You don't get a free guard break on people without stam and they can parry unblockables. I don't know who you've been fighting but stam break is not a death sentence. It should be :twisted:

Dosvidanya
May 28, 2004

I hope they keep a couple of the things I liked about the lawbringer from the technical test. His unblockables were really cool :shobon:

Dosvidanya
May 28, 2004

Hard posted:

Cmon man, it's never been THAT bad. There were ( and still are) some cheaters yes but the very nature of the game made it scream for bullshit.

Aside for the blatant one, It was super easy at one point to simply blame any death on hacks.

It was pretty bad at launch lol. The part where you guys switched anticheats to something that actually worked kind of reinforces that narrative too :unsmigghh:

My biggest worry about p2p with For Honor is ddosing/the kind of fuckery that can happen with forcing disconnects. I'm not super competitive but I like to take my ranked queuing seriously and it's going to suck being subjected to that kind of cheese like in other fighting games.

Dosvidanya
May 28, 2004

they seem to have fixed Viking having a battlefront on every spot from the closed beta so maybe the faction war will be balanced this time lol

Dosvidanya
May 28, 2004

Chomp8645 posted:

It's dumb.

this but also every time you do a match you can place reinforcements on a site or attack in the area you did the match in

So if you're a Knight and you do a Dominion match and win, you can place a knight icon on a tile and that bolsters the defense. But if you do a 2v2 brawl and that's currently on the Viking/Samurai border, you can't place anything at all. You've essentially wasted your time if you care about the faction war.

Whereas in closed beta Vikings could queue for anything and get faction points leading to them stomping over everything lol

Dosvidanya
May 28, 2004

Anyone else getting a weird bug with PC where using the ubisoft overlay to respond to someone causes your mouse cursor to be visible in game? Kind of distracting and wasn't there in the closed beta afaik

Dosvidanya
May 28, 2004

Garrand posted:

Yeah but that just means you can't be the first person to attack, which leads to a guard stalemate which just leads to guardbreak throw anyway. Like no matter what happens somebody is going to get thrown or you just turn around and walk away.

I guess if you start throwing feints in there it changes things up but I don't know how feints interact with guard breaks because I'm terrible and incapable of actually doing feints.

feints get you guard broken but able to tech out the guard break iirc

but if you see the guard break or predict they're going to go through with it and let your heavy rip, it'll counter the guard break

Dosvidanya
May 28, 2004

Evernoob posted:

This is awesome.

I did notice he has 4 executions. I only knew about two (X and Y). Do the others have special "Finish Him" move combinations?

PS : are you completely invulnerable during an execution animation? I believe so but have not seen that mentioned yet.

no, you have to buy the other ones and set them to either x or y (you could buy a third execution for everyone in the beta this way too but not their fourth)

also no, people can interrupt you executing their friend and doing so lets you still be able to res them (until they hit the frame where they get their health back from killing you, that is, you may have noticed the health restore when an axe lops someone's head off etc)

Dosvidanya
May 28, 2004

MinibarMatchman posted:

what was that change related to guardbreaks? were we not able to counter those before?

Right now if you and your opponent decide to guard break at the same time, one of you will be guard broken. They're changing it so it'll be like the betas where it will tech since that's the expected behavior.

Dosvidanya
May 28, 2004

The Deleter posted:

For the life of me, I cannot pull off a Peacekeeper's deflect. What's the timing meant to be on it?

If you still haven't figured it out it's the same timing as a parry, but you dodge into the attack instead of parrying.

So if they heavy swing right, you dodge right at the same time you would have parried.

Dosvidanya
May 28, 2004

SweetBro posted:

Anyone know what the exclamation warning mark below a character in character select means?

60/60 gear drops in your inventory

Dosvidanya
May 28, 2004

how me a frog posted:

I think it's kinda dumb that orders are for "Elimination" specifically rather than "Deathmatch", it's a whole nother reason to just quit if you end up in Skirmish.

something they don't mention but you can go into the deathmatch queue screen and press f1 iirc and set it to prefer elimination

Dosvidanya
May 28, 2004

Internet Kraken posted:

What part of the Lawbringer's stupid shove-grab combo are you supposed to dodge during

if he's shoving you after blocking an attack, you can't dodge the shove and dodging gets you guardbroke if you don't attack during the guardbreak or dodge backwards. easiest to just wait and see what the follow up will be since nothing's guaranteed

if he's shoving you out of the blue, you can side dodge it pretty easily and punish

if he's doing the flip over unblockable grab after a shove, you can dodge that in any direction or smack him for doing it

Dosvidanya
May 28, 2004

Zzulu posted:

Anyone else get annoying microstutters in dominion? Changing graphics settings seems to do nothing and my computer is stronk

i get them around fires if i have skype open otherwise no

Dosvidanya
May 28, 2004

fadam posted:

Is this poo poo still down?

yes

Dosvidanya
May 28, 2004

looks like all that matters for the faction war round is the last tally lol

Dosvidanya
May 28, 2004

Vox Nihili posted:

There is apparently a legitimate Shugoki exploit out there involving heavy attacks while unlocked. People probably heard about that exploit and got confused because they are idiots.

yeah. The easiest way to prove they're just bad and you aren't using it is getting an execution since you can't get one unlocked afaik.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dosvidanya
May 28, 2004

Just got that infinite "processing" bug that made it impossible to do any inputs :psyduck:

also maybe uplay is down but it sure wasn't for that guy beating up on me