Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

acumen
Mar 17, 2005
Fun Shoe
Yeah I'm button mashing and getting owned by bots. Pretty cool so far and I like the customization/global front concepts. Wanna play that Valkyrie class though.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

acumen
Mar 17, 2005
Fun Shoe

Keegers posted:

The bots are actually better than the majority of players

They're pretty good. I can beat the AIs in 2v2s pretty consistently now though. Started with the Nobushi but she appears to be more of a feint+deceive sorta character. Playing primarily as the Conqueror now and smashing skulls with a flail is pretty rad. Plus if you spam his taunt while moving it looks like you're pelvic thrusting.

acumen
Mar 17, 2005
Fun Shoe

fadam posted:

This game is bad rear end but it's not eighty dollars bad rear end imo.

This is where I'm at, although apparently I can get 20% off through some dumb Ubisoft points I have. With all the cosmetic poo poo you can customize it's pretty set up for a f2p fallback in a year or two after terrible release reviews I guess.

acumen
Mar 17, 2005
Fun Shoe
Yeah I recently graduated to 4v4 PvP and the lag is terrible. Nothing worse than coming close to winning a 1v2 and disconnecting right before lopping some scrub's head off.

There's a lot of really cool stuff going on in this game but between *ubisoft* and the high price ($80 Canadian) it's probably gonna be a sad "nope".

acumen
Mar 17, 2005
Fun Shoe

Evil Canadian posted:

Also Nobushi the more I play it it straight up a fighting game character. Footsies(poke-sies?) stances, stance canceling, whiff canceling specials, etc etc. Compared to the rest of the cast its incredibly complex.

Yeah anytime I run into a decently played one the best I can really do is smash on heavy attacks and hope I luck into hitting something she's not guarding because I can definitely not keep up with her speed. But that's why I play Raider and Conqueror.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

acumen
Mar 17, 2005
Fun Shoe
I dunno how it is yet today but it took all day yesterday before I could join a 4v4 pvp match. Lots of disconnection errors and stuff. I wouldn't say the connectivity is good by any means. 1v1 pve duels are the only thing that actually works reliably. This is all for PS4.