Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Manxome Foe
Apr 6, 2005

Beware the Jabberwock, my son! The jaws that bite, the claws that catch!
I played through the tutorial and practice, and then I jumped online and played about 10 matches.

Multiplayer is your opponent just spinning left stick wildly while button mashing and then guard breaking and throwing you into the water, which instantly kills you for some reason. Little to no skill involved despite the system seeming like it's skill based. To clarify, many of the matches I played defensively and tried to watch my opponent and guard to match attacks, but it looked like they were really just spinning left stick and mashing RB/RT to get hits in. I thought you could only guard break if your attack angle matched their guard angle, but that doesn't seem to be the case, as in the middle of their wild swinging they would guard break and stun me, then either keep attacking or throw me into the water.

I'm gonna pass on this one. It's a neat idea, but I have no desire to try to learn the intricacies of a system that can be defeated by smashing the controller with my face. Which is sad, because I was kind of looking forward to this.

Manxome Foe fucked around with this message at 16:32 on Jan 26, 2017

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Manxome Foe
Apr 6, 2005

Beware the Jabberwock, my son! The jaws that bite, the claws that catch!
This game is pretty bad overall. The only people I see getting salty are the ones trying to defend it.