Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
spit on my clit
Jul 19, 2015

by Cyrano4747
Soooooooo i dont have to do the side missions again for more poo poo i won't use? sounds good to me! Really though, the fist of gozu is so incredibly good, especially if you tack on some damage resist gems

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mordja
Apr 26, 2014

Hell Gem
Looks like there's a new, free DLC pack out today.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CUjl2tbelLc

Who knows how long those 14 missions are but regardless, that's still a lot bigger than any of the previous stuff.

Malek
Jun 22, 2003

Shut up Girl!
And as always: Kill Hitler.

Mordja posted:

Looks like there's a new, free DLC pack out today.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CUjl2tbelLc

Who knows how long those 14 missions are but regardless, that's still a lot bigger than any of the previous stuff.

Wonder if we're going to revisit the same maps 3 times again and again like the full campaign :v:

sockpuppetclock
Sep 12, 2010

Malek posted:

Wonder if we're going to revisit the same maps 3 times again and again like the full campaign :v:
The answer is.. yes.

The missions are just go here and kill stuff like every other mission in the game. It's stuff like "kill a bunch of Bunny Lords" or "kill toxic/elec/cold/fire-aura enemies" or "fight two elite enemies at once" etc.

RyokoTK
Feb 12, 2012

I am cool.
Bought this game on Steam sale and it's a ton of fun! I liked Borderlands so the silly gear grind is right up my alley, and this one is way better than Borderlands so far.

But here's my question: does this game have a Diablo/Borderlands-style NG+ loop where it keeps getting harder? If so, is there any reason for me to crank up the difficulty in the first playthrough? I'm at about 50% completion and it's pretty easy on normal difficulty, very little stuff hurts me, but I'm wondering if it's just better off to get all the skills and guns before I start messing around with that.

40 Proof Listerine
Jul 1, 2007

Baroness Kanan-Zelaya of the minor House of Carbon

RyokoTK posted:

Bought this game on Steam sale and it's a ton of fun! I liked Borderlands so the silly gear grind is right up my alley, and this one is way better than Borderlands so far.

But here's my question: does this game have a Diablo/Borderlands-style NG+ loop where it keeps getting harder? If so, is there any reason for me to crank up the difficulty in the first playthrough? I'm at about 50% completion and it's pretty easy on normal difficulty, very little stuff hurts me, but I'm wondering if it's just better off to get all the skills and guns before I start messing around with that.
It absolutely does have the NG+ loop going for it, and additional difficulties unlock as you level up. Cranking up the difficulty not only increases the challenge, but increases the level and variety of the gems that drop. You'll still get access to the same guns regardsless of what difficulty you're on. On the first playthrough, play whatever you're comfortable with, then on New Game+ crank up the difficulties as you unlock them and it'll be rated very close to your current power level.

IMJack
Apr 16, 2003

Royalty is a continuous ripping and tearing motion.

Fun Shoe
In case you missed it, Larry is giving away a couple of Payday 2 crossover weapons.

They both have the "drop money on kills" effect and the rifle has negative recoil.

RyokoTK
Feb 12, 2012

I am cool.

40 Proof Listerine posted:

It absolutely does have the NG+ loop going for it, and additional difficulties unlock as you level up. Cranking up the difficulty not only increases the challenge, but increases the level and variety of the gems that drop. You'll still get access to the same guns regardsless of what difficulty you're on. On the first playthrough, play whatever you're comfortable with, then on New Game+ crank up the difficulties as you unlock them and it'll be rated very close to your current power level.

Cool. I'm gonna power through the rest of NG on normal then.

This game is a loving blast and pretty much every new weapon is a treat. It got right what Borderlands got wrong, for sure. It's a little repetitive for sure, but it's basically the FPS version of Dynasty Warriors for me and that's just fine.

White Coke
May 29, 2015
What do the new skills do?

IMJack
Apr 16, 2003

Fun Shoe
These are the ones I've seen.

Sword Master: Parried enemies are stunned longer and take bonus damage while stunned

Death Cheater: Reduces the penalties of dying

Revenge: Seems to be when you hit 0 HP, you get a few seconds of invulnerability and bonus damage before you fall dead

Or is it Sputnik
Aug 22, 2009

Oh, Ho-oh oh oh, oh whoa oh oh oh
I'll get 'em caught, show Oak what I've got

IMJack posted:

Revenge: Seems to be when you hit 0 HP, you get a few seconds of invulnerability and bonus damage before you fall dead
Seems kind of superfluous since second chance does that with an added chance of not dying?

IMJack
Apr 16, 2003

Fun Shoe

Or is it Sputnik posted:

Seems kind of superfluous since second chance does that with an added chance of not dying?

Second Chance activates first, and it has a cooldown that extends past deaths. Revenge activates every time.

White Coke
May 29, 2015

Or is it Sputnik posted:

I think revenge is just to clean up any enemies you almost killed so they won't regain health. Although that mean you're sacrificing karma.

Or is it Sputnik
Aug 22, 2009

IMJack posted:

Second Chance activates first, and it has a cooldown that extends past deaths. Revenge activates every time.
I guess Revenge would free up my amulet slot, and maybe I wouldn't blow myself up with point blank rockets like I've done with SC on occasion.

Different strokes I suppose!

RyokoTK
Feb 12, 2012

I am cool.
Ok got to NG+ and tried Insanity 2 since I was within the level range... and got melted immediately, several times. Guess I'll stick to 1 for now.

Do you just need to stack a bunch of good damage resist gems to survive, or are higher tiers a big damage race?

Thesaurasaurus
Feb 15, 2010

"Send in Boxbot!"

Do you have the Elemental Armor skill? Because on Insanity 2 or higher, you really want to have the Elemental Armor skill, or you'll get melted by passive damage auras even if you don't take a single direct hit.

Magnus Condomus
Apr 23, 2010

Thesaurasaurus posted:

Do you have the Elemental Armor skill? Because on Insanity 2 or higher, you really want to have the Elemental Armor skill, or you'll get melted by passive damage auras even if you don't take a single direct hit.

Pretty much this. Elemental aura damage is crazy strong on insanity 2, so stacking gems and skills to increase elemental resist is a must.

RyokoTK
Feb 12, 2012

I am cool.
Okay, I followed your advice and maxed out Elemental Shield... and I'm taking damage from auras still. So is "vulnerability reduced by 100%" not actually immunity like it seems to read?

Or is it Sputnik
Aug 22, 2009

RyokoTK posted:

Okay, I followed your advice and maxed out Elemental Shield... and I'm taking damage from auras still. So is "vulnerability reduced by 100%" not actually immunity like it seems to read?
Do you have one or more gems equipped that lower your elemental defense? That'll knock you under 100%.

RyokoTK
Feb 12, 2012

I am cool.

Or is it Sputnik posted:

Do you have one or more gems equipped that lower your elemental defense? That'll knock you under 100%.

It doesn't look like it.

sockpuppetclock
Sep 12, 2010

RyokoTK posted:

You'll still take dmg when you're right next to them but you won't get any DoT effects on you.

Sdoots
Nov 3, 2013

I did this and could have stopped it, but nothing in nature ever follows a gaussian curve. Sure, they'll tell you that it does. They say that every five minutes someone dies in a car accident, but how often are there seven hundred and sixty one armless and legless corpses in one hangar?
I'll look at my build when I get home and see what I have. I definetely don't have trouble with elemental damage auras. At about level 45, for what that is worth.

Edit: I WAS WRONG.

Sdoots fucked around with this message at 02:12 on Mar 21, 2017

RyokoTK
Feb 12, 2012

I am cool.

sockpuppetclock posted:

You'll still take dmg when you're right next to them but you won't get any DoT effects on you.

Yeah I'm seeing this now, Insanity 2 isn't too bad anymore.

So I tried Insanity 3 and everything kills me in like 3 hits, haha. Slapped on the reincarnation amulet, which is helpful, although I really don't like that you don't even get 1 second of invincibility after you revive yourself, so if you're downed once you better get used to being downed for the rest of the fight. Also orb rewards on higher difficulties aren't loving high enough. Only 37 orbs for finishing a mission and upgrades require 300+, gently caress off.

Marogareh
Feb 23, 2011
Playing the PS4 version and I'm incredibly disappointed with how buggy it is after waiting this long. The absolute worst and almost gamebreaking bug is when the game doesn't save even when the icon is spinning. It's happened to me twice with the first one setting me back about an hour of progress and losing a weapon. The second was when I finished the first way of wang trial and it booted me at the start of the village being under attack mission. There's also this weird bug where you're stuck moving extremely slowly in one direction and can't get rid of it unless you exit to the main menu.

Naganted
Jul 22, 2007

Indistinct Gibberish.
Toilet Rascal
Xbox version is just as buggy.

But just real happy that this game came to it at all though. Was waiting awhile also.

Now I wait until Deathwing hopefully actually releases on consoles too and I'll complete my list of weird games I'd never play with this laptop that unexpectedly run on and get a console release (and that's not a Ps4 exclusive. Rrgh.)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

OhFunny
Jun 26, 2013

EXTREMELY PISSED AT THE DNC
Bounty Hunt Part 2 is out now on Steam. I think this is the last piece of DLC.

Shadow Warrior 2013 is also free for the day.

• Locked thread