Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
cl_gibcount 9999
Aug 15, 2002

check to see if it comes with 1.1.6.0 patch, as that's how it is on steam (it's free dlc)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

OhFunny
Jun 26, 2013

EXTREMELY PISSED AT THE DNC

cl_gibcount 9999 posted:

check to see if it comes with 1.1.6.0 patch, as that's how it is on steam (it's free dlc)

Got a little while ago. Thanks.

kxZyle
Nov 7, 2012

Pillbug
It's a good update. Trials are fun, especially the last one. The axe feels very hefty. You need a metric shitton of orbs to fully upgrade even one weapon, though. But I guess that's what the half dozen extra tiers of Insanity are for.

McKilligan
May 13, 2007

Acey Deezy
The amount of orbs to get past even the third tier of upgrade is pretty insane - but I guess that's why the first upgrades are so cheap, gives plenty of room to experiment.

sockpuppetclock
Sep 12, 2010
I feel like I've broken this game into a million pieces

Jack Trades
Nov 30, 2010

The last patch turn me off this game completely.

Oh well, at least the game was pretty good for one playthrough. Definitely not regretting buying it for 30 bux.

Geight
Aug 7, 2010

Oh, All-Knowing One, behold me!
I'd be really interested to hear what was a deal breaker in the most recent patch, if you feel like elaborating some.

Johnny Joestar
Oct 21, 2010

Don't shoot him?

yeah, i'm genuinely kind of curious as to what this patch in particular could have done since literally all it did was add extra poo poo for people to do.

DatonKallandor
Aug 21, 2009

"I can no longer sit back and allow nationalist shitposting, nationalist indoctrination, nationalist subversion, and the German nationalist conspiracy to sap and impurify all of our precious game balance."
I don't know what his problem in particular is, but I think the patch is really meh. Instead of going in and balancing all the guns so they're all equally viable, they just let you break all of them completely through grind. That's not design, that's lazy.

OhFunny
Jun 26, 2013

EXTREMELY PISSED AT THE DNC
Well poo poo. I didn't know you can't pick up the loot after dealing the finishing blow to the final boss.

Owl Inspector
Sep 14, 2011

The trials seem not so good. With the exception of the last, they are all big arenas where a huge number of enemies auto-detect you and will clear the map in about 2 jumps to get to you, so it quickly turns into either an incomprehensible mess or a bunch of kiting. One of them is also segmented by foliage and spiderwebs everywhere so you have even less of an idea what the hell is going on than the others.

I assume they are also intended for NG+/the higher tiers of insane, because doing all of them on hard gave me ~50 orbs, with embedding one gem into one weapon costing as much as 210.

It doesn't really hurt the quality of the game since it was released for free and is doesn't interfere with the existing content at all, but it's not really what I was hoping for.

McKilligan
May 13, 2007

Acey Deezy

sockpuppetclock posted:

I feel like I've broken this game into a million pieces

So 2 electric gems, an explosive gem aaaand....something that increases critical chance/crit damage?

Also, goddamn at 9.1 radius. How many Orbs did you put into it?

Anyway, I like the Arenas. It's nothing revolutionary, but they're fun (but gently caress lava floors). I think the experience you get is persistent even when you die, so it's not a bad way to grind if you feel like it. Plus it encourages me to use the skills/abilities I never did before, I'm relying on vanish and chi-blast much more often.

McKilligan fucked around with this message at 05:09 on Dec 12, 2016

sockpuppetclock
Sep 12, 2010

McKilligan posted:

So 2 electric gems, an explosive gem aaaand....something that increases critical chance/crit damage?

Also, goddamn at 9.1 radius. How many Orbs did you put into it?
1 electric 2 explosive 1 embeded crit/crit damage. Also 3 +crit armor orbs. They're all lvl 160 and up thanks to crafting

At this point I'm burning through soloing Insane 7/4-player so I think I'm.... done. Like there's nothing left to do except grind orbs I guess. Unless they add like Insane 20 or something.

IMJack
Apr 16, 2003

Royalty is a continuous ripping and tearing motion.

Fun Shoe
https://twitter.com/ShadowWarrior/status/809447243916918786

Owl Inspector
Sep 14, 2011

It's out now

http://steamcommunity.com/games/324800/announcements/detail/289752337994460355

quote:

A Santa impersonator turned out to be a Santa imposter! Help Lo Wang gather the lost Christmas gifts in this limited time winter event with a new snowstorm weather type, festive enemies, and a special holiday gift for those Wangsters that complete the mission!

Christmas quest will be waiting for you at Dragon's Mountain after completing "Zilla Attack" mission.

Find the Christmas tree on training grounds past Hideo's shop and help Lo Wang save Christmas!

Patch 1.1.7.0 also includes:

UI:
- Added gem filtering
- Fixed inventory hang bug
- Added option for canceling conversations using "Escape" on keyboard or "B button" on gamepad
- Fixed calculating multiline label size
- Added hiding client hud after a challenge
- Fixed gem crafting exploit
- Fixed an issue with embedding elemental gems
- Fixed an input bug that could occur after dying in challenges while in menus
- Fixed crafting gems that are restricted to weapons

Multiplayer:
- Various stability fixes
- Fixed a possible crash after using explosive bolts

Photo mode:
- Fixed "Lock in first person" screenshots
- Fixed "screenshot" command in photo mode
- Fixed exposure increasing

Gameplay fixes:
- Slight improvements to double jump
- Fixed teleporting after loading bug
- Weapon history fixes

Guillermus
Dec 28, 2009

This sure is a thing made by Flying Wild Hog, a christmas song:
https://soundcloud.com/musicimaginary/hug-the-hog

It isn't offensive at all.

Geight
Aug 7, 2010

I read that with a tone of irony and thought they'd somehow managed to make a christmas song actually offensive but you're right, it's just a dick joke with a solid guitar solo.

Guillermus
Dec 28, 2009

I'm not really surprised that both Flying Wild Hog and People Can Fly both are keen to dick jokes and their studios are in Warsaw.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SH0KH9F4He8

And well, we have fresh wang memories in here.

Guillermus fucked around with this message at 14:43 on Dec 22, 2016

CJacobs
Apr 17, 2011

Reach for the moon!
The christmas event is a limited time thing? That's pretty lame, I'm stuck in bed and can't play real fast paced games without tossing my cookies right now so I think I'm gonna miss it. :(

sockpuppetclock
Sep 12, 2010
The weapon reward from the Christmas quest is the Nobitsura Kage :shepface:

Geight
Aug 7, 2010

That seems like the wrong kind of thing to offer for a limited time. :stare:

Mordja
Apr 26, 2014

Hell Gem
What's the time limit on this quest? I won't be back at my own computer until boxing day.

Hexenritter
May 20, 2001

that's the 26th for you ungrateful secessionists

kxZyle
Nov 7, 2012

Pillbug
:confused: Why would you run a limited-time event for a singleplayer FPS with optional co-op? Seems dumb.

Nordick
Sep 3, 2011

Yes.
Because Christmas is a limited time event.

I'm also pretty reasonably certain they'll just attach the reward to some other new quest afterwards.

nerdz
Oct 12, 2004

Complex, statistically improbable things are by their nature more difficult to explain than simple, statistically probable things.
Grimey Drawer
There's an alternate way to get the reward anyway

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gK5IxAuLYq4

GUI
Nov 5, 2005

That's one way to end that quest I guess!!!

McKilligan
May 13, 2007

Acey Deezy
Anyone know what the deal is with Blizzard? I can't really tell what the hell Ice Nova is or how it triggers. Does it trigger on every kill, and what does it actually do? Is it basically the same thing as the toxic corpse explosion, but with ice? It seems like there's very little to no graphical representation of an AOE attack occuring.

foozwak
Apr 8, 2005

Fucks sake it's one thing to have a special mission available, it's another thing to have it only become available about halfway through the game, and for a limited time. Just started a new game+, probably not going to get to this in time being busy with the holidays. Any idea yet on when this expires?

Nordick
Sep 3, 2011

Yes.
I'm in the very beginning of my New Game + and was able to do the mission right away :shrug:

foozwak
Apr 8, 2005

That's real strange. It's supposed to start at the sign by the Christmas tree, right? Nothing there for me, and the release notes specifically say it opens up after "Zilla Attacks", when Zilla's men attack Dragon Mountain.

Mokinokaro
Sep 11, 2001

At the end of everything, hold onto anything

Fun Shoe

foozwak posted:

That's real strange. It's supposed to start at the sign by the Christmas tree, right? Nothing there for me, and the release notes specifically say it opens up after "Zilla Attacks", when Zilla's men attack Dragon Mountain.

It won't activate if you've got a story mission active. You need to finish a mission then go interact with the sign before accepting another.

foozwak
Apr 8, 2005

I aborted the mission I was on (forget the name but it's the early one where Kamiko tells you to teleport and collect some items), and no go. Maybe they expect you to finish the super early missions or something. I'll finish that one up and try again.

e) finishing that early mission allowed me to go ahead with the Christmas mission. Don't know why abandoning it didn't work, but whatever

foozwak fucked around with this message at 07:00 on Dec 30, 2016

IMJack
Apr 16, 2003

Royalty is a continuous ripping and tearing motion.

Fun Shoe
You're supposed to be able to equip a new weapon when you find it by holding the Use key, the same way you can in Borderlands, but when I try it the game crashes. Has anyone else run into this?

I had to redo the Krampus boss fight because I tried this with Blizzard.

Mokinokaro
Sep 11, 2001

At the end of everything, hold onto anything

Fun Shoe
Yeah I ran into that bug before.

I also think I missed Blizzard.

spit on my clit
Jul 19, 2015

by Cyrano4747
So, I got this game over the winter sale, and for the most part I enjoyed it. My only problems are that guns feel less and less useful as i go on due to how great melee is, except for the double barreled shotgun and minigun, and the trials were the wettest farts, but at least the Fist of Gozu is a really fun melee weapon. also, how the gently caress am i supposed to get orbs of masamune? I only get seven from trials and unique bosses, yet upgrading a weapon past the second tick takes like 200+ orbs. How many orbs do you get on the hardest difficulty?

MJ12
Apr 8, 2009

spit on my clit posted:

So, I got this game over the winter sale, and for the most part I enjoyed it. My only problems are that guns feel less and less useful as i go on due to how great melee is, except for the double barreled shotgun and minigun, and the trials were the wettest farts, but at least the Fist of Gozu is a really fun melee weapon. also, how the gently caress am i supposed to get orbs of masamune? I only get seven from trials and unique bosses, yet upgrading a weapon past the second tick takes like 200+ orbs. How many orbs do you get on the hardest difficulty?

On Insanity 2, you get like 37 orbs a mission.

spit on my clit
Jul 19, 2015

by Cyrano4747

MJ12 posted:

On Insanity 2, you get like 37 orbs a mission.

Do i..need to do anything special to unlock all the tiers of insanity?

40 Proof Listerine
Jul 1, 2007

Baroness Kanan-Zelaya of the minor House of Carbon

spit on my clit posted:

Do i..need to do anything special to unlock all the tiers of insanity?
Keep leveling up - Insanity 2 unlocks at level 31, Insanity 3 at 51, Insanity 4 at 71. Realistically these won't unlock until you do New Game+.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nordick
Sep 3, 2011

Yes.
Yeah, the first playthrough is mostly just for finding all the guns to begin with. NG+ is where the loot treadmill actually starts for realsies.

• Locked thread