Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Xaris
Jul 25, 2006

Lucky there's a family guy
Lucky there's a man who positively can do
All the things that make us
Laugh and cry
How do socketed gems like +% Item Gain or +% Karma gain or +% Resist work. Is that only when you have that weapon they're socketed out and using it?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Xaris
Jul 25, 2006

Laugh and cry

Zaphod42 posted:

I'm so glad we've finally had enough Modern Warfare clones that audiences are tiring of that and publishers are willing to try new things.

Because these are the kinda FPS I loving want.

:agreed: With new Doom and SW2, it's been a good year for run n gun shoot demonmans games.

Given how much they improved on SW1, I'd love to see what they do with a Hard Reset 2 which I'm sure they'll be making. HR was cool at the time as a fresh air back in 2011 when it was just cod/gears of war clone gameplay as far as the eye can see, but it's also really flawed and has a lot of bad things about it. But if they could give it the SW1->SW2 treatment then it'd be amazing as I liked the cyberpunky setting

Xaris
Jul 25, 2006

Laugh and cry

Michaellaneous posted:

I saw somebody use a chainsaw. Where can I get that?

I got it from one of the first or second mission quests? At least I think so, it's hard to pay attention when I get a new item.

I actually didn't find it very good, seems I take a lot of damage with it and don't deal that much damage compared to a sword even though it says it does more DPS. I kind of wished it was more like Doom Chainsaw where it turns enemies into loot pinatas

Xaris
Jul 25, 2006

Laugh and cry

kikkelivelho posted:

I found the Warrsaw in Wang's office on the caves second floor. Is that random?

oh I think that's where I found it, or at least the chainsaw, actually since it was like part of the quest to go pickup stuff at the wang cave

Xaris
Jul 25, 2006

Laugh and cry

Johnny Joestar posted:

everything has some sort of use, it's just up to the player to find out what they like and tailor it to their playstyle.

I admit I'm not very far, but so far I haven't found a use for the smith-something pistol, smg and the Deck-ard feels pretty weak. I've been running Blades of Z-something, Bow and Arrow, Shotgun, Skeleton Gun, revolver, genade launcher which all own though. I think I have some stuff between like #7-9 but it's just whatever I left assigned there because it's too annoying to press those keys on a keyboard and changing with the wheel in middle of combat is kind of risky

Xaris fucked around with this message at 20:31 on Oct 14, 2016

Xaris
Jul 25, 2006

Laugh and cry
Maybe I just haven't seen the better ones or used them enough, but what's the use of using a chainsword/saw/whatever over other actual swords?

Xaris
Jul 25, 2006

Laugh and cry

CJacobs posted:

They hit enemies multiple times per swing which makes them real good if you're trying to inflict an element on an enemy or doing one of the special moves for bigass damage.

Gotcha. Didn't realize that. And by Special Moves you mean Vortex and Forward Lunge thing?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Xaris
Jul 25, 2006

Laugh and cry

Brackhar posted:

So I just started playing this (stopped when I hit mission selection) and am having a great time with the mechanics, but has anyone else found the quality to be really uneven? I've found NPCs who just stand there non-reacting until they arbitrarily become vendors, NPCs completing quests for me I didn't even know I had, really weird transitions between pho-asian temples to super high tech areas with no narrative bridges, z-fighting issues on transparent objects, and general confusion about how this story and world at all relate to how Shadow Warrior 1 left the universe.

I mean, I'll happily continue to shoot and stab dudes with these super fun mechanics, but the narrative design so far just feels... Unfinished? At minimum it feels like a step back in narrative execution quality from the first game. Does anyone else agree?

Yeah the story and NPC aspect of the game is definitely a bit weird. Flying Hog definitely has a problem when it comes to narratives. Hard Reset was completely non-sense and impossible to follow. SW1 was simple and generally a connected story, but also kind of weird with a very unlived in world where there didn't seem to be a reaction to what the heck was going on and really wasn't any characters besides you/hoji/zilla.

SW2's narrative feels a bit more disconnected from one place to another, but it does feel more lived in with people and feel of society or whatever. I do wish they had a stronger connection to SW1 and how things came to be and better transition between places.

Xaris fucked around with this message at 10:48 on Oct 15, 2016

• Locked thread