Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Jusupov
May 24, 2007
only text
The amount of legendaries you get on the hardest difficulty is nice

Best coop find yet

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jusupov
May 24, 2007
only text

Most broken skill in the game? You get more chi during vanish than it takes to cast it. Sure it costs a lot but nothing crazy.

Jusupov
May 24, 2007
only text

Jack Trades posted:

Technically the first skill you should dump skillpoints into is XP Gain skill.
I don't even know why game devs let you level up xp gain that way. It just makes the play get it first, if they want to be optimal.
I got items that give 9% karma and you can equip 3 of those.

Jusupov
May 24, 2007
only text

ninjahedgehog posted:

Yeah I think I've killed at least four or five demon rabbits at this point. They drop some pretty sweet loot though.

Ten for an achievement

Jusupov
May 24, 2007
only text

How many times are you standing still in a game like this

Jusupov
May 24, 2007
only text
That bossfight at the end of chapter 1 sure was something on the hardest difficulty

Jusupov
May 24, 2007
only text

ninjahedgehog posted:

What weapon wheel are people rolling with so far? My go-to has been:

1. Lil' Wang
2. Bow and arrow
3. Nailgun w/ split projectile upgrade
4. Shotgun
5. Akimbo revolvers
6. G36
7. Automatic grenade launcher w/ turret upgrade
8. Chainsaw

Only really using the Oni sword on hardest now. Slower charge speed but I've crit bosses for 2300+ with it

Jusupov
May 24, 2007
only text
500K credits spent crafting power upgrades and they all sucked

Jusupov
May 24, 2007
only text

Jack Trades posted:

There's crafting in this game?

It comes after a story mission

Jusupov
May 24, 2007
only text

km2 posted:

"Keys are only available for Alienware Arena members that are Level 2+ in ARP. "

The lovely part is they didn't bother to mention that detail upfront until right after the instructions on how to punch in the DLC key into Steam.

Huh, I got my code immediately. Logged in with steam. Wonder if I had done something on that site earlier then

Jusupov
May 24, 2007
only text

SinineSiil posted:

This link doesn't work anymore? steam://install/522332

If it does then there's two more DLC's
Quakecon: steam://install/522330
PAX West: steam://install/508970
Not sure what PAX West DLC actually gives, didn't notice anything

E: these links register the DLC to your account. At least they did yesterday, they could've changed it.

Those installed DLCs, thanks

Mordja posted:

Doesn't look like they work anymore.

It'll fail but they'll still be installed to your game.

Jusupov
May 24, 2007
only text

SinineSiil posted:

Glad to hear they still work. No need to go to Alienware site for that code.

PAX code should be a ninja skin but it's not on the list :(

Jusupov
May 24, 2007
only text

Jusupov posted:

PAX code should be a ninja skin but it's not on the list :(

From patch notes

http://steamcommunity.com/app/324800/discussions/0/341537388323793629/ posted:

We are working on a first quick patch. I'll update this thread in real-time as we go.
Estimated ETA: ~15-16 October

Notes:
Fixed cutscene FOV, when playing with non standard FOV
Fixed game stuck on loading on 2 core CPUs
Added safe mode (add -safe to properties->general->set launch options) in order to fix startup crashes on some configurations
Added option to disable AlienFX (add -noalienware to properties->general->set launch options) in order to fix startup crashes on some configurations
Added option to disable videos (add -novideos to properties->general->set launch options) in order to fix startup crashes on some configurations
Fixed PAX MP avatar skin
Fixed weapon select menu blur constantly rendering on screen, even when weapon select menu is hidden
Added HDR Display Brightness slider
Fixed co-op bug, which in rare cases could corrupt saves
Added lobby filtering by difficulty and player level
Added list of previous saves, so in case of corrupted save you can load previous one
Localization fixes
Fixed hitching of intro movie
UI improvements: Allow replace gem inserted in weapon
Fixed AlienFX crash on startup on some configurations
Fixed corrupted saves bug

Jusupov
May 24, 2007
only text
Next story mission, next sidequest and Larry are all giving me the same rocket launcher :(

Meanwhile Larry also has this

First orange named weapon that's orange even in inventory. Damage is way off the normal since I got +melee -guns gear on.

Jusupov
May 24, 2007
only text
Man that Harry Potter secret.

Can't get duplicate weapons. Got one rocket launcher from a quest and it's gone from the story mission and larry has another orange gun in it's place.

I'm playing on hardest, 14h in and game says 53% progress.

Jusupov fucked around with this message at 03:50 on Oct 15, 2016

Jusupov
May 24, 2007
only text
If you're Vanished and a rabbit destroys one of those haypiles on a field it counts as a melee hit and you become visible again. Or if anything really destroys something. Maybe the patch added this to the field levels.

Jusupov
May 24, 2007
only text

Zereth posted:

I seem to be unusual in that for my first ten-point star skill max, I went for the one that reloads weapons that aren't the one you're currently using. At that level by the time your next weapon runs dry your first one is refilled. It's great. Especially for things with long reloads like a minigun.

I may try going harder on melee if I keep going after beating the game because the sword you get at the end of the second to last mission is really, really good. I do need to find the last 8 weapons I didn't get...

Does something show how many weapons you're missing?

Jusupov
May 24, 2007
only text

Elite Herculon that's just a single leg hopping along

Jusupov
May 24, 2007
only text
Melee only insane sure was easy. Time to pump up karma and money drops and finish the achievements I guess.

Finished with 62 guns + 5 still on Larry.

Took me 21 hours.

Jusupov fucked around with this message at 19:56 on Oct 16, 2016

Jusupov
May 24, 2007
only text

Jack Trades posted:

Has any else found these?

I accidentally fell out of bounds from a level, landed on a tiny platform with a chest on it and found these in there.
There was no way out so I had to kill myself to get back to the level proper.

Yeah found them on my run. They were pretty good at the time

Jusupov
May 24, 2007
only text

Magnus Condomus posted:

New patch in the pipe.
http://steamcommunity.com/app/324800/discussions/0/333656722983201079/

- After finishing missions for the second time, instead of Skill Points the player now receives a powerful new currency called 'Orbs of Masamune'. The number of Orbs depends on the difficulty level. A new set of violent challenges will be added to the game soon. Players finishing these challenges will be able to imbue Smith's Anvil with power to greatly improve weapon stats. Orbs of Masamune will play crucial role in this proccess.

They really like developing more content for this game.

Jusupov
May 24, 2007
only text
Version 1.1.4.0 just dropped

Balance and gameplay changes:
- Removed gained experience cap (on all difficulties)
- Added a significant bonus for experience gained on difficulties higher than normal
- Slightly decreased large and special enemies' HP on difficulties higher than normal
- Added negative stats cap for high level upgrades
- The number of auras for a single enemy is capped to 1 on difficulties below 'Insane tier 2'
- Base physical resist lowered. This change affects all difficulty levels
- After finishing missions for the second time, instead of Skill Points the player now receives a powerful new currency called 'Orbs of Masamune'. The number of Orbs depends on the difficulty level. A new set of violent challenges will be added to the game soon. Players finishing these challenges will be able to imbue Smith's Anvil with power to greatly improve weapon stats. Orbs of Masamune will play crucial role in this proccess.
- Crafting option is now available always after a player unlocks it in the first playthrough
- Items in shops unlocked by story progress are now available always after a player unlocks them on the first playthrough

UI changes:
- Added descriptions for Insane difficulty tiers

Engine fixes:
- Fixed a crash on startup - mobile AMD GPUs
- Fixed key bindings
- NVIDIA Multi-Res - fixed chromatic aberration
- NVIDIA Multi-Res - fixed particle lights
- Fixed hitching on weapon change
- Fixed NVIDIA Surround crash
- NVIDIA Surround now works in fullscreen window mode
- Fixed photomode UI when NVIDIA Surround or AMD Eyefinity is enabled

Multiplayer fixes:
- Fixed the shop menu not being closed when client is teleported to a boss fight
- Ancestral Ties: Fixed panic room door not being destroyed after cutscene
- Ancestral Ties: Fixed Heika being stuck in one pose after a client joined the game
- Fixed portal visibility before defeating the first boss
- Minimap chest icons will not disappear when the host opens them
- Fixed performance issue for co-op partners

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jusupov
May 24, 2007
only text
I'm crafting level 100+ items in new game + on insanity 2 or something and enemies drop level 40-50 upgrades :(

Found some non-moving enemies too, is there a /debug command or something to give devs info?

• Locked thread