Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Mokinokaro
Sep 11, 2001

At the end of everything, hold onto anything

Fun Shoe

Samurai Sanders posted:

Reminds me of the random drop system in Darksiders 2, completely unnecessary and annoying but in there because they heard people like that stuff.

Are these environments randomly generated? If so then they are the most natural looking I have seen yet, given that it's a demon-twisted world.

1. You start finding some gems with unique and pretty fun effects after a while.

2. Story missions are not procedural, but side missions are. They still flow really really well since they use the Diablo 3 method of a bunch of interlocking "pieces"

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mokinokaro
Sep 11, 2001

Fun Shoe

Zaphod42 posted:

You definitely meet the minimum specs easy, the problem is that 960M. But if you can play doom well enough on that thing, it should handle SW2 about the same, maybe slightly lower frame rates but you can always tweak settings. It runs pretty well, although Doom is pretty amazingly optimized to Id's credit.

Running it fine at 1080p on a mix of high-ultra on a 960 GTM here. It should be fine.

(weirdly enough, DOOM 4 ran like poo poo for me)

Mokinokaro
Sep 11, 2001

Fun Shoe

Peddle2thaMetal posted:

So if DOOM 4 and SW2 are available at the same price, which one should I get? Have played neither but am a child of old quakes, dooms etc.

Tough choice.

DOOM 4 if you're primarily concerned with the singleplayer (the MP is a bit lackluster) and want a solid 10-12 hours of a action-packed campaign. It basically does one thing but does it extremely well.

SW2 if you want the RPG elements and the melee combat (and co-op)

Mokinokaro
Sep 11, 2001

Fun Shoe

Michaellaneous posted:

I saw somebody use a chainsaw. Where can I get that?

Weapons are somewhat random but a lot are quest rewards and drops from bosses.

Mokinokaro
Sep 11, 2001

Fun Shoe

Xaris posted:

I actually didn't find it very good, seems I take a lot of damage with it and don't deal that much damage compared to a sword even though it says it does more DPS.

The right click actually does really good damage if you make the effort to saw up an enemy with it.

Still, the sword's probably better for overall DPS.

EDIT: \/ I got the chainsword from that mission so it must be somewhat random.

Mokinokaro
Sep 11, 2001

Fun Shoe
I also prefer the chains for fighting larger enemies due to the multiple hits.

Mokinokaro
Sep 11, 2001

Fun Shoe

foozwak posted:

That's real strange. It's supposed to start at the sign by the Christmas tree, right? Nothing there for me, and the release notes specifically say it opens up after "Zilla Attacks", when Zilla's men attack Dragon Mountain.

It won't activate if you've got a story mission active. You need to finish a mission then go interact with the sign before accepting another.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mokinokaro
Sep 11, 2001

Fun Shoe
Yeah I ran into that bug before.

I also think I missed Blizzard.

• Locked thread