Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
limaCAT
Dec 22, 2007

il pistone e male
Slippery Tilde
Is this game fun unlike nms?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

limaCAT
Dec 22, 2007

il pistone e male
Slippery Tilde

Ciaphas posted:

Whoever said Hard was a good starting difficulty sits upon a throne of lies, I'm getting absolutely loving trashed trying to recover Smith's instructions for tinysword :saddowns:

The game is just greedy about giving you bullets and it does not drop enough mods to keep up with the need to kill demons faster and using less bullets. You need to rely on meele while fighting against meele monsters who have added powers (resistances, poison you or the fire demon WTO burns you on hit). If I had enough bullets the game would have still been easy at Hard because I could have kept my distance.

Maybe hard mode wants us to plan on not wasting ammo on smaller mobs...

Can you transfer stuff between saves? I want to start a normal mode game and use that equipment later, like in borderlands.

limaCAT fucked around with this message at 08:06 on Oct 17, 2016

limaCAT
Dec 22, 2007

il pistone e male
Slippery Tilde

Turtlicious posted:

Warning mixing Critical Hit Chance with +Critical Hit Damage together will destroy the loving game balance.

I was proccing 600+ sword swipes super duper often.

Thanks for warning us about that, what zone of the game drops them so I avoid destroying my game?

limaCAT
Dec 22, 2007

il pistone e male
Slippery Tilde

Oh god I am not sure I will resist the temptation then.

limaCAT
Dec 22, 2007

il pistone e male
Slippery Tilde

Zaphod42 posted:

Yeah especially if you could compete with your friends for points, and have a constant leaderboard among yourselves in co-op

Have a fake Arcade - Fbi anti drug warning screen (losers do drugs) please.
https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Winners_Don%27t_Use_Drugs

limaCAT
Dec 22, 2007

il pistone e male
Slippery Tilde
A rabid rabbit pushed me into a group of hellhounds which in turn shoved me into a puker. I survived :black101: however it was all on normal mode.

limaCAT
Dec 22, 2007

il pistone e male
Slippery Tilde
After the patch I don't gently caress understand how skill points are supposed to work in the second playthrough.
Also if an enemy kills you you lose all the karma. :psyduck:

The nerf to crafting makes it grindier, like, wtf? It was nice to be able to progress using old junk, now I am at the first chapter of an higher level and I am getting trash I won't be able to use for crafting better stuff.
I am too scared of dying to a rabbit and finding 100% money lost, I don't have good money sinks until crafting opens again...

limaCAT
Dec 22, 2007

il pistone e male
Slippery Tilde

InfinityComplex posted:

Karma isn't money, karma is your experience pool. Karma nets you extra skill points.

Pretty sure I have seen a 100% loss of money once somewhere other than 100% usual loss of karma (wtf? why?), but I may be mistaken.

limaCAT
Dec 22, 2007

il pistone e male
Slippery Tilde

foozwak posted:

Why not? Adds to the challenge, which is kind of the point of things at higher difficulty. Sure it's kind of a gut punch when you get killed with a nearly full meter, but oh well, try not to get killed next time.

Oh well, after another session I realize that the game just compensates by throwing gems at you, and that the game system is too limited for expressing "loss" so it may be the only way it could be designed.
But nothing impedes me to play conservatively and just bore me to tedium while squishing lower level mobs instead of going :black101: on and doing the reasonable act of getting gud.

limaCAT
Dec 22, 2007

il pistone e male
Slippery Tilde

McKilligan posted:

I really appreciate the sheer variety of options and control that the player has for each weapon and the ability to tweak their play style, but to be honest probably 50% of my play time was spent in menus sifting through a billion upgrades, when I should have been gibbing the gently caress out of some demons.

After the first playthrough I learned that if you junk gems they would disappear from the weapons gem selection but not from crafting.

Also I use dmg up and large creature dmg up on revolvers because they are the best for hitting large and slow creatures like herculons, zl-209 and most bosses.

limaCAT
Dec 22, 2007

il pistone e male
Slippery Tilde
Also I use crit chance and crit power up on shotguns, helps me cleaning up rooms full of floaters.

limaCAT
Dec 22, 2007

il pistone e male
Slippery Tilde

thejacob posted:

Ah, auras would explain it.
Pretty lovely imho for a game that is at least 75% about cutting poo poo up, but you can't have it all I guess. At least I have crit chance+ shoguns to prevent fire spiders from crawling up my rear end.

Fixed.

limaCAT
Dec 22, 2007

il pistone e male
Slippery Tilde

Zaphod42 posted:

Its not actually that crazy an opinion. Doom shotguns worked pretty much perfectly. SW2's shotguns work nothing like doom's shotguns, instead using the dumb payday model.

They're not slugs and they don't work like proper shotguns either. It fires a spread and anything that gets hit with 1 pellet takes full damage. Hitting multiple pellets does no additional damage.

You're actually best off shooting between enemies and trying to hit all of them with spread rather than trying to actually aim at a single enemy and pump them full of bullets.

Doom's SSG was great for being able to hit multiple enemies at once, but if a single pellet did full damage it wouldn't feel nearly as responsive or fun to shoot. Its pointlessly simplistic.

I love that it's not a realistic game at all. Please understand.

limaCAT
Dec 22, 2007

il pistone e male
Slippery Tilde
I can't get soon enough at home tonight to try to craft a +99% crit chance +999% crit damage gem for my shotgun :black101:

limaCAT
Dec 22, 2007

il pistone e male
Slippery Tilde

Digirat posted:

I've actually been enjoying how shadow fury removes all the clutter from the screen except for the one thing you need to know when you're using it, which is where to point the minigun.

It should actually make the dead enemies become black and not stay white tho.
Other than that Shadow Fury is pretty metal and I like it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

limaCAT
Dec 22, 2007

il pistone e male
Slippery Tilde

Thesaurasaurus posted:

Yeah I can't argue with that. The game's story really needed some more revision passes, and also for Ameonna to be a bit less...unfortunate.

e: Although I will say that I laughed my rear end off at her shipping Wang and Zilla over both of their protests until Wang decided to play along just to gently caress with Zilla.

The look on Zilla's face when he starts believing Ameonna may be right is priceless :allears:

• Locked thread