Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Magnus Condomus
Apr 23, 2010

So the built in Photo Mode is surprisingly pretty good for Still Life photography.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Magnus Condomus
Apr 23, 2010

McKilligan posted:

It definitely seems like the overall plot was a victim of their deadline - I'll bet if they had another month or two before release we'd have had something a little more coherent, rather than all of the super-fast jump-cuts and missing(?) sections. I definitely was left wondering if I'd accidently skipped a few cutscenes early on.

If I had to guess I'd say it was most likely not due to a time constraint in so much as a money constraint. This is still an indie Dev working with Devolver Digital, and Fork Parker isn't keen to throw a whole lot of money into fancy expensive things like scene transition or character introduction cutscenes. I definitely do agree that those things would have exponentially helped tighten up the story beats and flow, but they're not super integral to the main focus of the game, which was always the gameplay.

I just finished my first run through myself, and had a lot of fun. Ended up with around 30 hours playtime from taking detours to just tool around murdering stuff or take photos.

ALSO, if there's some named unique enemies that you think you may have missed, they all have their own achievement which also lists the mission related to them. They do show up on Free Roam. Not sure if the drop rate is the same in Free Roam though.

Magnus Condomus
Apr 23, 2010

I would just like to say that sticking the "shoot three barrels at once" mod on the Triad revolver along with the ammo doubler and explosive ammo mods was the best/worst choice I ever made. It uses the entire magazine when you fire it, does 500 damage across three bullets, and is horribly inefficient but drat if it isn't satisfying to hit things with and watch them explode into chunks.

Magnus Condomus
Apr 23, 2010

nerdz posted:

put the triple barrel and two elemental gems on the cerberus shotgun and do 1500 damage to everything in a 180 degree radius in front of you.

I think I did that as well, but for some reason the Triad just felt better even though I know it has less total potential damage.

Here's a fight with one of the insanity mode Skull enemies using it. Side note, Xbox Game DVR is not very good at recording gameplay, but its also free with windows 10.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BMjmHWQ2ifQ&hd=1

Magnus Condomus
Apr 23, 2010

I've got around 30 hours in game, and have not seen a single one of those.

Magnus Condomus
Apr 23, 2010

New patch in the pipe.
http://steamcommunity.com/app/324800/discussions/0/333656722983201079/

- Increased cap for experience gained on all difficulties
- Added a significant bonus for experience gained on difficulties higher than normal
- Slightly decreased large and special enemies' HP on difficulties higher than normal
- Added negative stats cap for high level upgrades
- The number of auras for a single enemy is capped to 1 on difficulties below 'Insane tier 2'
- Base physical resist lowered. This change affects all difficulty levels
- After finishing missions for the second time, instead of Skill Points the player now receives a powerful new currency called 'Orbs of Masamune'. The number of Orbs depends on the difficulty level. A new set of violent challenges will be added to the game soon. Players finishing these challenges will be able to imbue Smith's Anvil with power to greatly improve weapon stats. Orbs of Masamune will play crucial role in this proccess.
- Crafting option is now available always after a player unlocks it in the first playthrough
- Items in shops unlocked by story progress are now available always after a player unlocks them on the first playthrough

Magnus Condomus
Apr 23, 2010

SKill points are popping way more often now on insanity if you can keep from dying which is great. Liking this patch so far!

Magnus Condomus
Apr 23, 2010

Just hit a bug on the last Heisenberg mission where it seems like a bunch of enemies (including the twins) attempted to spawn in all at once and broke everything. Frame rate dropped to 10 and under even when teleported back to Dragon Mountain. Uploading a video of it now. Returning to main menu and loading back in fixed it, but then all of the enemies successfully spawned in all at the same time, which was a horrible messy fight.

Magnus Condomus fucked around with this message at 01:04 on Oct 27, 2016

Magnus Condomus
Apr 23, 2010

Magnus Condomus posted:

Just hit a bug on the last Heisenberg mission where it seems like a bunch of enemies (including the twins) attempted to spawn in all at once and broke everything. Frame rate dropped to 10 and under even when teleported back to Dragon Mountain. Uploading a video of it now. Returning to main menu and loading back in fixed it, but then all of the enemies successfully spawned in all at the same time, which was a horrible messy fight.
Here's the video of that bug. Has anyone else run into something like this?
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NIyHFbhxTBs

Magnus Condomus
Apr 23, 2010

Thesaurasaurus posted:

So what do these Orbs of Masamune do? I understand they're meant to upgrade the forge somehow but I can't see any prompt for that.

The thing that we'd spend them on isn't live just yet. They just made the orbs live so people could accumulate them while playing.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Magnus Condomus
Apr 23, 2010

Thesaurasaurus posted:

Do you have the Elemental Armor skill? Because on Insanity 2 or higher, you really want to have the Elemental Armor skill, or you'll get melted by passive damage auras even if you don't take a single direct hit.

Pretty much this. Elemental aura damage is crazy strong on insanity 2, so stacking gems and skills to increase elemental resist is a must.

• Locked thread