Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
InfinityComplex
Feb 5, 2011

Nothing better than swinging around a little girl like a flail.
There's something appealing about being able to fire 3 arrows from a bow at the same time, which also explode after embedding themselves into an enemy.

Also I noticed that like the original, the SMGs are only bad if you don't akimbo them. Having a blast using the first SMGs when I actually have the ammo for them.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

InfinityComplex
Feb 5, 2011

ninjahedgehog posted:

Maybe it's just me but the SMGs in both this and the first Shadow Warrior feel kinda wimpy and unsatisfying to shoot compared to pretty much every other weapon. Maybe it's the really tiny muzzle flash?

The G36 you can buy from Larry is a bit better if you're looking for a chunkier automatic.

Honestly I always imagine that the best SMGs are an extremely high rate of fire needle launcher in any kind of media. Probably why I'm actually okay with how wimpy they are. Also helps that I can actually see what I'm shooting at.

Edit: Also the chainsword continues to be loving amazing and I love using it in my vanish antics.

InfinityComplex fucked around with this message at 05:46 on Oct 14, 2016

InfinityComplex
Feb 5, 2011

So that gun that everyone's been finding in Dragon Mountain? That's unlocked during a story mission.

InfinityComplex
Feb 5, 2011

Sun Wu Kampf posted:

I didn't do any story poo poo to get it, I just jumped on some rooftops the first time I went there.

What I mean is that it's normally unlocked via story missions.

InfinityComplex
Feb 5, 2011

Jack Trades posted:

Unfortunately, not so well. I'm only a few hours in but so far they have replaced Hoji with someone making an impression of an annoying teenage girl.

Which is effectively what Kamiko is.

InfinityComplex
Feb 5, 2011

ninjahedgehog posted:

What weapon wheel are people rolling with so far? My go-to has been:

1. Lil' Wang
2. Bow and arrow
3. Nailgun w/ split projectile upgrade
4. Shotgun
5. Akimbo revolvers
6. G36
7. Automatic grenade launcher w/ turret upgrade
8. Chainsaw

1. Any twin sword or the chakrams
2. Akimbo Five-Oh or Rapid Fire The Triad
3. Sidekick (The very first SMG you get)
4. Shogun or Boomstick (Nothing will stop me from onehanding a sawn off and blasting faces off multiple enemies off)
5. Bows or Spearguns
6. King Skeletor or Triple-6
7. Monsoon (Rocket Launcher)
8. Razorback (Chainsaw Katana) or the Chainsword

VVV Edit: They are loving amazing for vanish shenanigans. A fully charged sting with a Chainsword with vanish does an absurd about of damage.

InfinityComplex fucked around with this message at 20:39 on Oct 14, 2016

InfinityComplex
Feb 5, 2011

Yeah the cooldown thing is just what makes me not want to use that mod. I just overloaded mine with acid and melt, both figuratively and literally, faces off when I invade my enemy's personal space.

InfinityComplex
Feb 5, 2011

I kinda wonder why they decided to use miss rate for spread instead of just spread.

InfinityComplex
Feb 5, 2011

kuroiXiru posted:

The Touch is great and all but the game's actual theme song is pretty loving awesome.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zIyj8BAbaX4

Makes me wish that I actually went with the Deluxe preorder on steam instead of the standard one.

The music is drat good and Stan Bush dedicating a new song to this game is just the cherry on top.

InfinityComplex
Feb 5, 2011

Mongolian Queef posted:

What do the orange circles mean on the mini map? I have one in my cave at the desk, but there's nothing there. I also see 2 of them at the forge.

Non-descript objects or actors that you can interact with. Have no idea what the Wang Cave desk one does.

InfinityComplex
Feb 5, 2011

Shima Honnou posted:

I cut the body off a Herculon. The part that's attacking me is the disembodied leg and little bit of machinery there, the rest of it is a dead lump on the floor.

Yeah I had something similar with a hellhound. Except the only thing left was a single foreleg. I just took my shotgun and exploded it after several attempts of cutting/shooting it. Did the job.

InfinityComplex
Feb 5, 2011

Geight posted:

Amusingly enough, Shadow Warrior 2013's plot was surprisingly conclusive and gave Lo Wang a solid character development arc, most of which has been ignored for the sake of the second game.

Honestly strikes me as odd since 2013's plot was actually pretty good. However I find this one's plot to be incredibly disjointed but coherent enough for you to understand things.

InfinityComplex
Feb 5, 2011

Okay this is a sadistic choice, I had to choose between a shotgun and a chainsaw.

InfinityComplex
Feb 5, 2011

Oh, a patch hit when I was getting errands.

Shadow Warrior 2 Patch Notes:

Shadow Warrior 2 ver. 1.1.1.0

- Fixed cutscene FOV, when playing with non standard FOV
- Fixed game stuck on loading on 2 core CPUs
- Added safe mode (add -safe to properties->general->set launch options) in order to fix startup crashes on some configurations
- Added option to disable AlienFX (add -noalienware to properties->general->set launch options) in order to fix startup crashes on some configurations
- Added option to disable videos (add -novideos to properties->general->set launch options) in order to fix startup crashes on some configurations
- Fixed PAX MP avatar skin
- Fixed weapon select menu blur constantly rendering on screen, even when weapon select menu is hidden
- Added HDR Display Brightness slider
- Fixed co-op bug, which in rare cases could corrupt saves
- Added lobby filtering by difficulty and player level
- Added list of previous saves, so in case of corrupted save you can load previous one
- Localization fixes
- Fixed hitching of intro movie
- UI improvements: Allow replace gem inserted in weapon
- Fixed AlienFX crash on startup on some configurations
- Fixed corrupted saves bug

InfinityComplex
Feb 5, 2011

Zaphod42 posted:

I keep getting more and more ridiculous guns and I just love it. Gun drops are definitely the most exciting, followed by orange weapon upgrade drops. Stacking elements can create some really cool damage combos.

The guns are drat fantastic, makes it actually worth screwing around after finishing a mission just to hunt down the special enemy unique to that mission.

InfinityComplex
Feb 5, 2011

If you check the achievement list and there's actually a loading tip for this as well, there's a unique enemy in ALMOST EVERY mission. Most of the time, they will drop a weapon provided that you kill them and don't have it already.

InfinityComplex
Feb 5, 2011

So I learned that like Healing Flame, you can hold the key for Vanish and charge it up to like 30 seconds. Vanish kicks in after 5 seconds like when you tap it but you can make it last for a good while. You can also hold the key and keep Vanish going as it drains through your chi meter.

InfinityComplex
Feb 5, 2011

You should really play the first game if you haven't. Like it's really good for what serves as the foundation for this game.

InfinityComplex
Feb 5, 2011

44 of 59 achievements on the first run of the game. God drat.

edit: 53 of 70 weapons, with 5 weapons from Larry. I wonder how many weapons there actually are.

InfinityComplex fucked around with this message at 07:24 on Oct 16, 2016

InfinityComplex
Feb 5, 2011

Jack Trades posted:

Shame. I was hoping for an extra hard NG+ or something.

I guess after I finish the game I'll be running melee-only Insane mode.

You can change difficulty and retain everything for that character. So if you really want to play around with your broke-rear end character on insane, you could.

InfinityComplex
Feb 5, 2011

CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK posted:

ftfy

Yea once you gem up some weapons for higher dps 2 life drain mods(in your weapon or armor) basically make you invincible even on the highest difficulty setting. And you really don't need to use vanish to one shot stuff / hide when everything is dead.

But it's fun being an invisible dick and ram into mobs and unload all over them.

InfinityComplex fucked around with this message at 22:44 on Oct 16, 2016

InfinityComplex
Feb 5, 2011

CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK posted:

It's completely random.

The only sure thing is that your gem will increase in quality.

You have control over elemental gems. Aptly if you slam 3 gems of the same element and quality together you get a higher quality gem of that element. I believe you also have limited control over your body armour, power, and co-op gems (3 gems of the same category will net you that category). I've definitely made legendary quality gems using specific categories alone.

Also regarding lost saves, this is from the patch notes again:

- Fixed co-op bug, which in rare cases could corrupt saves
- Added list of previous saves, so in case of corrupted save you can load previous one
- Fixed corrupted saves bug

So they're definitely aware of it. And they did bandage it for now.

Edit: As an addendum to this, when crafting together different elemental gems, look to the right side of the name bar. Blight is not Toxic element, it's ice.

InfinityComplex fucked around with this message at 03:53 on Oct 17, 2016

InfinityComplex
Feb 5, 2011

Because it already pierces. :downsrim:

InfinityComplex fucked around with this message at 07:11 on Oct 17, 2016

InfinityComplex
Feb 5, 2011

limaCAT posted:

Thanks for warning us about that, what zone of the game drops them so I avoid destroying my game?

Everywhere.

InfinityComplex
Feb 5, 2011

Kinda wanna know that too since I get weird sound hitches time to time.

InfinityComplex
Feb 5, 2011

So I see that people want to see the return of the swarms of flying rear end in a top hat pricks who never flew on your level and that you could only slaughter by using a flamethrower that was more useless than the smgs.

Also constantly teleporting banshees.

InfinityComplex
Feb 5, 2011

You are a terrible person for wanting cliff racers

InfinityComplex
Feb 5, 2011

Honestly I have the HP skill maxed, but it's there just to prevent me from getting one shotted and giving me time to get the deal with buried by enemies. Seeing there is quite a few times where I've been surrounded and dashing out of there wouldn't work. Like can't dash or air dash out of there situation.

InfinityComplex
Feb 5, 2011

NIEC

TIME TO DO DANGER MODE INSANE

InfinityComplex
Feb 5, 2011

Honestly I find the double ammo mod chews through my stocks faster than the dual wield mod. Far faster than it actually.

InfinityComplex
Feb 5, 2011

Honestly both the triad and the sidekicks are the guns that I use the most, even with later stuff.

I also don't even bother with the arm of orochi all that much either. I stick to the crim swords or use best buddy's sword.

Edit: phone autocorrect

InfinityComplex fucked around with this message at 16:48 on Oct 21, 2016

InfinityComplex
Feb 5, 2011

Karma isn't money, karma is your experience pool. Karma nets you extra skill points.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

InfinityComplex
Feb 5, 2011

Fury is very Painkiller-esque.

• Locked thread