Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
ninjahedgehog
Feb 17, 2011

It's time to kick the tires and light the fires, Big Bird.

Game owns so far. I've been using mostly the katana and chainsaw/chainsword so far, everything specced to leech health so I can stay in melee pretty much forever. Also, if you're not using the turret mod on your grenade launcher you are totally missing out.

I am a little disappointed that they took out the thing where Wang would fiddle with his weapon if you tried to reload with a full magazine. :( If you're carrying a sword he swipes the blood off with a finger, which is pretty cool though.

Capn Beeb posted:

Did quick melee get removed? I really liked that in the first game.

I miss this too. And the shurikens. :sigh:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ninjahedgehog
Feb 17, 2011

InfinityComplex posted:

Also I noticed that like the original, the SMGs are only bad if you don't akimbo them. Having a blast using the first SMGs when I actually have the ammo for them.

Maybe it's just me but the SMGs in both this and the first Shadow Warrior feel kinda wimpy and unsatisfying to shoot compared to pretty much every other weapon. Maybe it's the really tiny muzzle flash?

The G36 you can buy from Larry is a bit better if you're looking for a chunkier automatic.

ninjahedgehog
Feb 17, 2011

FIre in the hole! And by hole I mean your face.

ninjahedgehog
Feb 17, 2011

Alan Is More Upset posted:

I remember seeing a sell all junk button. It didn't do anything when I clicked it so I assume you have to tag stuff first.

That button just brings you to a page the displays only your junk, which you then have to sell individually. Why? :iiam:

efb

ninjahedgehog
Feb 17, 2011

One other tiny thing that bugs me: I've never been a fan of multiplayer systems where other players see you differently than how you see yourself, a la Assassin's Creed Unity or America's Army, and it seems doubly stupid in this game where the multiplayer isn't organic and have to explicitly join other people's games, where their progress is not saved to your game.

In fairness though this is mostly because the other ninja skins look way cooler than Lo Wang himself. Exhibit A:

ninjahedgehog
Feb 17, 2011

Shoehead posted:

Haha watch out for killing (too many?) rabbits.

Yeah I think I've killed at least four or five demon rabbits at this point. They drop some pretty sweet loot though.

ninjahedgehog
Feb 17, 2011

Mr.Citrus posted:

If you do the vortex move with that active on insane it's a death sentence

The vortex move with the chainsword is a trap too. It take a few seconds to saw through any given enemy and you still take damage during it, so the more enemies there are the more screwed you are.

ninjahedgehog
Feb 17, 2011

FWIW I found the preorder chainsword in the Wang Cave and the Warrsaw at Larry's. I guess it's random :shrug:

ninjahedgehog
Feb 17, 2011

What weapon wheel are people rolling with so far? My go-to has been:

1. Lil' Wang
2. Bow and arrow
3. Nailgun w/ split projectile upgrade
4. Shotgun
5. Akimbo revolvers
6. G36
7. Automatic grenade launcher w/ turret upgrade
8. Chainsaw

ninjahedgehog
Feb 17, 2011

Xaris posted:

Gotcha. Didn't realize that. And by Special Moves you mean Vortex and Forward Lunge thing?

Keep in mind that only the chainsword does this, the Warrsaw's alt fire just turns on the chain and lets you adjust the cutting angle yourself for artful demon-carving.

ninjahedgehog
Feb 17, 2011

Minor nitpick: I wish dual-wielding revolvers made Wang shoot them while alternating hands instead of firing both at once. Also, that the dual-wield gem worked on the sawn-off shotgun. :sigh:

ninjahedgehog
Feb 17, 2011

Protip: put the two-for-one shot and a % ammo saver mod on the Raven. Watch bad guys loving melt. :stare:

ninjahedgehog
Feb 17, 2011

What's with the reload delay of you use the double-barrel upgrade on the sawn-off? It seems like I just sit around with my dick Wang in my hand while the circle spins around before the reload animation even starts.

ninjahedgehog
Feb 17, 2011

Capn Beeb posted:

Why the heck can I not put a pierce upgrade on my bow :argh:

Because you can put an explosive arrow upgrade on it instead. :hellyeah:

ninjahedgehog
Feb 17, 2011

Capn Beeb posted:

With the console (open with ctrl + ~), you can turn off the hud with the command r_draw_hud 0, 1 turns it back on.

This game is so god drat pretty.

Runs like silk too, even my slightly aging GTX 760 gets a consistent 60 frames with most settings maxed out. Hats off the the optimization team.

ninjahedgehog
Feb 17, 2011

Jack Trades posted:

What resolution are you playing on?

Cause my GTX 960 can barely manage running SW2 at 45-60fps/1080p with medium/high settings.

1080p as well, I think. I can check my exact settings when I get back from work.

ninjahedgehog
Feb 17, 2011

cl_gibcount 9999 posted:

hey Zagrod/FWH, you guys ought to check out DOOM's new arcade mode

something similar to that would absolutely rule for this game, maybe as part of a dlc expansion :wink:

Horde mode please! Randomized waves with a randomized arena would own.

ninjahedgehog
Feb 17, 2011

Is there an easy way to tell what kind of ammo a gun uses without trial and error? Some are pretty obvious (no poo poo a rocket launcher is going to use rockets) but some are a little more vague (does a plasma grenade launcher use grenades or plasma?) My gimmick all-future weapons build when I'm doing a Zilla City level could use some more ammo diversity.

ninjahedgehog
Feb 17, 2011

40 Proof Listerine posted:

Every single level has a unique boss with a giant skull logo (which you get an achievement for beating), and the bosses have a great chance to drop new guns on top of fabulous regular loot. The bosses tend to only be available in the original missions, not Free Roam, so if you missed any on your first run, you can get them on your second.

Some of the bosses are pretty tucked away in the level with the objective about halfway in, so if you just keep moving forward through demons, you'll generally find them without fuss (while also learning some of the pieces in the random level generator fairly well).

Nope, the bosses are absolutely hanging around in free roam. (emphasis mine)

ninjahedgehog
Feb 17, 2011

I'm envisioning a fun gimmick mode where you never reload or switch weapons (except for maybe fast-swapping to the katana), but once you empty a magazine the game automatically equips a random gun from your inventory.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ninjahedgehog
Feb 17, 2011

Yeah, I would be completely happy doing away with everything but the creative one-off upgrades (dual-wield, explosive ammo, sticky grenades, multi-barrel, turret mode, etc.)

I'm totally fine with the amount of weapons though. Even if a bow, a compound bow, and a plasma bow are functionally the same thing it's nice to have something different to look at filling up a quarter of your screen. :shrug:

• Locked thread