Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Segmentation Fault
Jun 7, 2012
Master Smith sounds like the mentor from xavier: renegade angel

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Segmentation Fault
Jun 7, 2012

Tecman posted:

Man, this game really surprised me how good it actually turned out; I was worried about its shift from what it was in the first reboot game, but wow do the changes work well in this one and make it far superior from the first (well, second).

And then I played a bit yesterday in co-op and it was even more amazing... it really is a Borderlands-type game done right with DOOM-speed combat, fun to use weapons with interesting designs, absolutely gorgeous locations (CANNOT STOP SCREENSHOTTING) with its interesting aesthetic mix of worldly and otherworldly, so-poo poo-jokes-they're-actually-good-again and just flat out fun gameplay due to its freedom of movement and tons of customization options.

I guess the only real downside so far for me is that there is TOO MUCH LOOT TO PICK UP. After every fight we had to spend some time to find all the drops and spawned loot all over the map - there's a bit too much of that I feel. Secret hunting is back and it is awesome, however.

I do wish the story felt a bit more... focused, I liked that in the 2013 game.

I agree with all of this. Between this, Doom, and Battlefield 1, this year's had more than its fair share of surprisingly amazing single-player experiences.

Also the humor really reminds me of Xavier: Renegade Angel where its so loving stupid it's amazing in its stupidity. Master Smith reminds me a lot of the mentor character from that show.

Segmentation Fault
Jun 7, 2012
Just got the Blade of Exile.

Hoji was a wonderful character and Lo Wang's only real friend. Seeing Lo Wang get it and Kamiko loving with him like the time Hoji hosed with him when they first met was kind of endearing.

I'm gonna rip everybody a new one for you Hoji :rock:

Jblade posted:

I did enjoy the story a fair bit upon replaying; it's been 5 years since the last game and the world's gone to poo poo so I don't blame Lo Wang for his attitude problem..thinking you saved the world when you didn't would be a hard pill for him to swallow.

Honestly I think him losing Hoji was just as bad as him knowing he's responsible for the apocalypse. His only friend died to save him while attempting to save the world, and he ended up loving it all over.

Segmentation Fault fucked around with this message at 11:02 on Oct 19, 2016

Segmentation Fault
Jun 7, 2012
Beat it today.

Story was... still good, but not as good as the first. Thought that most of the important stuff being dumped in the final parts of the game was kind of annoying, and the cliffhanger ending was obnoxious but I thought the writing was good and each character's intentions made sense. I think the biggest flaw is that Hoji is no longer present, and Hoji was the best loving character.

I'm kind of sad that some weapons are just straight up better than others. I'd like more sidegrades and less upgrades. Some of the weapons look really cool but I never get to use them because there's other ugly ones that just do more damage. Balancing 70 weapons so that they're all roughly the same is really difficult, granted, but I'd like to have a reason to use the more vanilla stuff.

I also only found 65 weapons (though I didn't buy some of them). Are at least 5 of the weapons just random chance? Maybe their drop rates are screwy like the Puker.

Speaking of, I never saw the Puker in my Normal campaign but I'm planning a New Game+ on Insane.

Segmentation Fault
Jun 7, 2012
The second-to-final boss is annoying because they have resists against all four elements, so the strategy the game encourages you to use throughout the rest of the game (use all the elemental types on all the guns so you can exploit vulnerabilities!) just fucks you over. That was the only point in the game where I died.

Segmentation Fault
Jun 7, 2012
Flying Wild Hog's releasing a "Special Reserve Collector's Edition" of Shadow Warrior 2 that comes with Shadow Warrior Classic Redux, Shadow Warrior 2013, an art book for SW2, and the gold stuff for SW2 I think. Check out the trailer.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-O02RVoKI3g

High praise indeed.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Segmentation Fault
Jun 7, 2012

Darke GBF posted:

Oh, but gently caress them for that gotcha moment where Kamiko dangles talking to Hoji from beyond the grave over your head. That was a dick move, FWH. I miss the Broji.

Honestly I thought that was a great moment, it mirrored a similar moment early on in Shadow Warrior 2013 between Wang and Hoji.

• Locked thread