Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
kxZyle
Nov 7, 2012

Pillbug
Thanks for making a thread, Zaphod.

I really like this game. I played a bit yesterday afternoon, and again last night, and then it was accidentally 4am. So my sleep schedule is hosed but the game's super fun.

I'm focusing on melee for now and saving guns for a separate co-op playthrough. Do you get any melee powers besides Sting and Vortex later on?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

kxZyle
Nov 7, 2012

Pillbug

Zagrod posted:

There's also Force Slash - which is the projectile that Bladez of Zaibatsu are doing on attack when you have ammo

That's gonna be a separate skill? Sweet.

kxZyle
Nov 7, 2012

Pillbug
The Touch is great and all but the game's actual theme song is pretty loving awesome.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zIyj8BAbaX4

kxZyle
Nov 7, 2012

Pillbug

Dr. VooDoo posted:

drat this game looks amazing on Ultra and runs flawlessly what is this witch craft

This is what it feels like when publishers allow developers to give a poo poo about and put effort into optimization.

Shame it happens so rarely.

kxZyle
Nov 7, 2012

Pillbug

The Lone Badger posted:

The Marksman thing Larry sells boosts 'light and heavy' firearms. What about medium firearms?
(Also bows/nailguns/etc)

The amulet I have boosts melee and is supposed to weaken light/heavy firearms, but actually decreases damage for every ranged weapon, including medium, projectile, rocket etc. (their damage numbers are in red, melee weapons' are in green).

I'm guessing it's the same for the marksman amulet but in reverse.

kxZyle
Nov 7, 2012

Pillbug
I was getting bored so I started over and wow, the game's much better on Insane. And I don't even like hard games.

I'll have to persuade my brother to go for at least Hard on our co-op playthrough.

kxZyle
Nov 7, 2012

Pillbug
that doesn't sound right

kxZyle
Nov 7, 2012

Pillbug

Jack Trades posted:

That test you linked is either bullshit or stacked

Well it is from Nvidia.

kxZyle
Nov 7, 2012

Pillbug

nerdz posted:

and yeah, no reason at all to invest in survivability. just put all the spell slots on extra chi and chi drain and you'll never lack chi for healing.

I invested in the Max HP skill because otherwise I kept getting pulled in and surrounded my mobs and quickly (like near-instantly) getting torn to pieces.

cl_gibcount 9999 posted:

lol just noticed this constellation up in the sky

called the Big Wanger maybe??

this loving game :allears:

kxZyle
Nov 7, 2012

Pillbug

Jack Trades posted:

Are mashing Dodge fast enough?

Yeah of course. But in the instances where I got one-shot I couldn't dodge past them cause I was completely surrounded. This way I've got a little time to cut one enemy down to make way.

kxZyle
Nov 7, 2012

Pillbug
Insane.

kxZyle
Nov 7, 2012

Pillbug
wow :stare:

Good thing I'm not stacking that then.

kxZyle
Nov 7, 2012

Pillbug
They were twin assassins who worked for Zilla in Shadow Warrior 1.

I remember because they were on the ship level, which is easily the most boring one in the entire game.

kxZyle
Nov 7, 2012

Pillbug
oh no :eng99:

kxZyle
Nov 7, 2012

Pillbug

DatonKallandor posted:

They're also in the first mission of SW2

I somehow didn't realize that was them, even though I played the first mission twice already. :downs:

kxZyle
Nov 7, 2012

Pillbug
Alternatively, a custom difficulty where you can set the loot amount, boss amount, death penalty, enemy damage and HP, etc. Maybe with achievements disabled.

kxZyle
Nov 7, 2012

Pillbug
Are there any other major issues /w playing as a client in co-op? We're starting our playthrough today and I'll be the client.

kxZyle
Nov 7, 2012

Pillbug
+1

Solid 60FPS at 1440p with max everything, looks beautiful (esp. when it's raining) and GPU usage barely ever goes above 70%. It's amazing.

Had our first co-op session yesterday, it worked fine, even if ragdoll physics were janky. Does anyone know how quest reward options are handled for clients? I assume they just get whatever the host picks.

kxZyle
Nov 7, 2012

Pillbug
I am now 33 hours into the game. Still haven't beaten it (due to multiple simultaneous playthroughs), but IMO, the worst aspect is definitely how stilted the dialogue is. It's like Wang and whoever he's talking to are standing opposite each other reading a list of insults from a piece of paper until they decide to get to the point. Only the interactions with Kamiko feel somewhat natural.

kxZyle
Nov 7, 2012

Pillbug
Finally beat it. Cool final bosses. Ending was alright - I assume the dragon is Kamiko and she's just messing with Wang and pretending to attack him. Or it isn't, and we'll hear how he ended up killing it in Shadow Warrior 3. I'd be fine with either, tbh, I wasn't particularly invested in the story, but it served its purpose. The gameplay made up for it.

Now to get to level 50.

e: Welp, that's done. I'm close to 100%ing this game but

1. I have no idea what weakspot kills are, I presume headshots? Only made 10 of them in any case
2. Ffffuuuck hunting for 50 secrets. A few thousand coins per secret are just not worth the trouble, especially with the samey level layouts. At least Doom's secrets had upgrade points or interesting lore.

kxZyle fucked around with this message at 00:22 on Oct 26, 2016

kxZyle
Nov 7, 2012

Pillbug
Seriously? But it lasts like 20 seconds tops.

kxZyle
Nov 7, 2012

Pillbug

Magnus Condomus posted:

Here's the video of that bug. Has anyone else run into something like this?
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NIyHFbhxTBs

Sometimes when I'd enter combat, FPS would drop to around 0.25-1. At that point I'd hit escape (which would take a couple seconds to bring up the menu) then wait it out. FPS would eventually return to 60 in a couple seconds, then I could play normally.

kxZyle
Nov 7, 2012

Pillbug
It's a good update. Trials are fun, especially the last one. The axe feels very hefty. You need a metric shitton of orbs to fully upgrade even one weapon, though. But I guess that's what the half dozen extra tiers of Insanity are for.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

kxZyle
Nov 7, 2012

Pillbug
:confused: Why would you run a limited-time event for a singleplayer FPS with optional co-op? Seems dumb.

• Locked thread