Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Sdoots
Nov 3, 2013

I did this and could have stopped it, but nothing in nature ever follows a gaussian curve. Sure, they'll tell you that it does. They say that every five minutes someone dies in a car accident, but how often are there seven hundred and sixty one armless and legless corpses in one hangar?

Zagrod posted:

Quick non-scientific poll:

1) Did you guys meet this monster during the game?

I know I saw that name on a health bar at some point, but it was during a big firefight and I really couldn't make heads or tails of anything. I was more focused on staying alive at that point. I don't think it worked, because I don't seem to have a Puker in my Wanglopedia.

After playing more multiplayer, I really wish they had high-tier versions of the lower-end weapons. I love my Triad, but there's no reason for me to ever use it now that I have the Jigoku. Likewise, the Arm of Orochi has goddamn Force Waves every time you swing it. That's it. Nothing limits it, you just go nuts.

I was thinking you could do something like give some of the guns innate gem properties, without actually using up gem slots. Maybe give the guns with multibarrels visually multibarrels functionally, give one of the crossbows the detonator, apply the Vanish effect on Sword of Exile to regular attacks instead of just specials.

Does anyone else feel this way, or should I just get over it and live with using the same handful of weapons now that I'm at the endgame, such as it is?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sdoots
Nov 3, 2013

I did this and could have stopped it, but nothing in nature ever follows a gaussian curve. Sure, they'll tell you that it does. They say that every five minutes someone dies in a car accident, but how often are there seven hundred and sixty one armless and legless corpses in one hangar?

Spermanent Record posted:

That's not even slIghtly true. I still have some level 40 blue gems that do more damage and crit stuff can outdamage pretty much any other stuff even if it's not at the top of the page.

I don't want to spend time min maxing, which is why I said, let me sort gems by dps.

I end up just mashing down arrow when I am placing gems and watching the numbers go up and down, and try to remember roughly where the biggest jumps happened once I hit the bottom of the list.

I agree though, I have a blue 50 electric gem that is far better than every orange elemental gem I have for sheer dps. Most of my oranges are 60-80.

I also am not really feeling much love from the crafting. I put in a bunch of lovely high level oranges hoping to get something out of it, and instead I just get another flat damage reduction. I constantly have far worse penalties than I do benefits in my oranges. It's annoying as hell and is making me just stop bothering with crafting given the price increase.

Sdoots
Nov 3, 2013

I'll look at my build when I get home and see what I have. I definetely don't have trouble with elemental damage auras. At about level 45, for what that is worth.

Edit: I WAS WRONG.

Sdoots fucked around with this message at 02:12 on Mar 21, 2017

• Locked thread