Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
cl_gibcount 9999
Aug 15, 2002

this game is really good

get ready for some Lo Wang

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

cl_gibcount 9999
Aug 15, 2002

yeah there's a double barrel mod too, protip: it works great on the double barrel shotgun sir doom gun himself

oh and multiple projectile grenade launcher :getin:

e^^^ there's a quick swap to last melee button and as he pulls it out it counts as an attack

cl_gibcount 9999
Aug 15, 2002

Segmentation Fault posted:

Master Smith sounds like the mentor from xavier: renegade angel

lol he does, he has that native american vibe too

cl_gibcount 9999
Aug 15, 2002

hail satan

cl_gibcount 9999
Aug 15, 2002

ninjahedgehog posted:

What weapon wheel are people rolling with so far? My go-to has been:

1. Lil' Wang
2. Bow and arrow
3. Nailgun w/ split projectile upgrade
4. Shotgun
5. Akimbo revolvers
6. G36
7. Automatic grenade launcher w/ turret upgrade
8. Chainsaw

wipe away screenfulls of enemies instantly, that's my path of zen

cl_gibcount 9999
Aug 15, 2002

yeah you want the multi-shot gem rather than the double pack gem

cl_gibcount 9999
Aug 15, 2002

I love the city level, such a fun and cool place to play in

this game is what hellgate london should have been

cl_gibcount 9999
Aug 15, 2002

Zagrod posted:

IIRC, they all drop weapons OR skills. But if you miss them, which you can since some main quest missions lock out uncompleted side missions, the skills and weapons will show up at Larry's or Hideo's. And as for a tip for finding the special enemies (for side missions) if the mission has a locked gate or a portal you go through, the named enemy is always on the other side - just try going the other way from the objective marker

do you have any info on what the Shock effect does?

I know Burn is a degen, cold gives chill (slows) and/or freeze, toxic gives a degen (I think?) with a chance at corpse exploding enemies for more damage

the only one I'm not sure of is shock

cl_gibcount 9999
Aug 15, 2002

serene mind is fine really, there are plenty of ways to just obliterate everything instantly and chi powers are way at the bottom of that list

I don't think I've even cast one power since like 3 missions in

cl_gibcount 9999
Aug 15, 2002

we've been playing on a lan and haven't had too many performance issues

mission progress is only tracked for the host, level disparity doesn't matter at all

cl_gibcount 9999
Aug 15, 2002

yes you keep everything but the mission completion progress when you're in another person's game

cl_gibcount 9999
Aug 15, 2002

ninjahedgehog posted:

What's with the reload delay of you use the double-barrel upgrade on the sawn-off? It seems like I just sit around with my dick Wang in my hand while the circle spins around before the reload animation even starts.

protip: you can switch weapons and that cooldown still goes down, combined with the passive reload card already mentioned you can just rotate through your multibarreled/oneshot weapons murdering everything

cl_gibcount 9999
Aug 15, 2002

CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK posted:

They earlier ones kinda suck. The assault rifle you can buy from Larry's is ok and they get better from there.

edit: they can also use the piercing ammo mod, which is really good at higher levels. I think they get to +15% dmg and 80% chance to pierce.

my buddy crafted one with +26% damage and 86% pierce chance for his minigun :twisted:

cl_gibcount 9999
Aug 15, 2002

it's the fibonacci sequence

cl_gibcount 9999
Aug 15, 2002

I assume it's just added together, critical damage for sure is added together

also no particular zone drops specific stats on gems, so if you really don't want powerful weapons for some reason just don't slot in crit+critdmg

cl_gibcount 9999
Aug 15, 2002

my favorite small detail in this game is how Wang holds The Doom Stick center screen

cl_gibcount 9999
Aug 15, 2002

lol just noticed this constellation up in the sky

called the Big Wanger maybe??

cl_gibcount 9999
Aug 15, 2002

both SW1 and SW2 were fun and good and I have no substantial complaints about either game, story or otherwise

but for me, the gameplay in SW2 is simply a better evolution of the first game and is more enjoyable overall, no feelings of accomplishment lost (SW1 was more tedious rather than more difficult imo)

cl_gibcount 9999
Aug 15, 2002

shotguns have listed radius effect or whatever it's called, something that explosive weapons have as well, which seems to give it literal aoe damage capabilities beyond simple pellet spread

cl_gibcount 9999
Aug 15, 2002

hey Zagrod/FWH, you guys ought to check out DOOM's new arcade mode

something similar to that would absolutely rule for this game, maybe as part of a dlc expansion :wink:

cl_gibcount 9999
Aug 15, 2002

something SmashTV esque was the first thing that came to my mind too

cl_gibcount 9999
Aug 15, 2002

oh no not my autoreload skill :(

cl_gibcount 9999
Aug 15, 2002

ok got all 70 weapons in the game so the golden skin ones or w/e don't count towards that total

the two guns most people that ended with 68 were missing were probably:

Ryuken sword from the final boss which is now patched to give you when you beat it instead of as a drop
Jigoku pistol or Ghidorah twin melee which are a mutually exclusive choice from a quest right near the end of the game, the one you don't choose doesn't pop up in the store after so you have to complete the quest twice to get both

cl_gibcount 9999
Aug 15, 2002

I get massive drops in FPS (sub 1 fps type) rarely when stuff get gibbed, I'm 99% sure it's due to a physics computation overload when pieces explode too quickly and then clip into geometry and start going bonkers. It clears up immediately once the body parts despawn.

cl_gibcount 9999
Aug 15, 2002

yeah rockets are weird with the damage drop off

even direct hits do like half the damage listed on it

grenade launchers are just way better imo, equivalent actual damage, 0 self-damage, more accurate, faster flight speed, double ammo capacity

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

cl_gibcount 9999
Aug 15, 2002

check to see if it comes with 1.1.6.0 patch, as that's how it is on steam (it's free dlc)

• Locked thread