Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Beeb
Jun 29, 2003
Did quick melee get removed? I really liked that in the first game.

Either way this poo poo is extremely radical and at first I was skeptical of the Diablo/Borderlands loot and enemy resistance mechanic but it works so well.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Beeb
Jun 29, 2003
Bring back shurikens and quick melee and this game will be perfect

Beeb
Jun 29, 2003

1st_Panzer_Div. posted:

Holy poo poo, I just switched from a shotgun to little wang, while some demon was jumping at me, and the switching sword animation apparently counts as an attack and slaughtered that fucker.

Yep, it's nowhere near as nice as the quick melee was in the first game but it's still pretty badass. I like hitting an enemy with a charged shotgun blast, dashing chi blast for the Mighty Boot, then quick swapping to melee while they're on the ground. Rip and tear :unsmigghh:

Also these things are a shitload of fun:

The force attack (alt fire + backwards) fires out this:

Which seems to linger in place and spin for a while. I put toxic on them and they do a pretty drat good amount of damage :haw:

Beeb
Jun 29, 2003
Why the heck can I not put a pierce upgrade on my bow :argh:

Beeb
Jun 29, 2003
With the console (open with ctrl + ~), you can turn off the hud with the command r_draw_hud 0, 1 turns it back on.

This game is so god drat pretty.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Beeb
Jun 29, 2003
This side quest to get whiskey sure is throwing superior enemies that heal themselves and are immune to everything I've got alright :shepface:

• Locked thread