Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Samurai Sanders
Nov 4, 2003

Pillbug

Zaphod42 posted:

On the upside, the reload animations themselves are amazing. The pump shotgun Hauer has him juggle 3 shells into the air and catch them in the gun :)
Are they better than in Far Cry Blood Dragon? This is important.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Samurai Sanders
Nov 4, 2003

Pillbug
Yeah, I liked Hoji too.

Thread title should be "that is deeply stupid".

Samurai Sanders
Nov 4, 2003

Pillbug

Alan Is More Upset posted:

Enjoying the game so far. I could not give a poo poo about the upgrade pickups though. It feels like this gameplay idea was half baked and not really thought through. I maxed out my character's item hoover skill making it even worse. I'm a the point where I don't even bother rotating them. They don't seem necessary to beating the game.
Reminds me of the random drop system in Darksiders 2, completely unnecessary and annoying but in there because they heard people like that stuff.

Are these environments randomly generated? If so then they are the most natural looking I have seen yet, given that it's a demon-twisted world.

Samurai Sanders
Nov 4, 2003

Pillbug

Jack Trades posted:

Yeah, it feels exactly like that.
Although, unlike Darksiders 2, the game still kicks rear end.
Yeah, it really is. Though like others I am not really sure how weapon and skill balance is supposed to work.

Samurai Sanders
Nov 4, 2003

Pillbug
Do enemy hit points scale up anyway when you play co-op, like in other games?

Samurai Sanders
Nov 4, 2003

Pillbug

widespread posted:

Should I mess with any wang here? Sounds like I should.

Because it sounds like ninja Do4m without the lovely publisher.
That's more or less my impression.

The menus really need to be rethought though. Also I am wondering why there is a weapon wheel when I will only ever use the two quick switch buttons in combat, and you can equip weapons from your inventory any time.

Samurai Sanders
Nov 4, 2003

Pillbug

widespread posted:

Gotta think about the console players, man.

But yeah, I'll probably get it soonish.
I'm playing with a controller and I think the menus are dumb and the weapon wheel is pointless.

Samurai Sanders
Nov 4, 2003

Pillbug
The Gamespot review sure is down on the jokes being bad. I think someone didn't get the memo about the whole Shadow Warrior thing.

Samurai Sanders
Nov 4, 2003

Pillbug

Zereth posted:

I'm going off the figure people have said and going through how many I have in each category and using a calculator. I have 62 weapons and there's reportedly 70.
drat that's a lot, but how many of them are functionally identical inside their category?

Samurai Sanders
Nov 4, 2003

Pillbug

Jack Trades posted:

The gem system is pretty much the only big problem with the game.
Yeah I don't like when games have a "sell all junk" button, since that infers that they deliberately made most of the stuff you're going to pick up junk.

Samurai Sanders
Nov 4, 2003

Pillbug

SweetBro posted:

That's some sopranos level bullshit.
I liked and will always remember the ending to The Sopranos. Does that mean I will like SW2's?

Samurai Sanders fucked around with this message at 10:41 on Oct 17, 2016

Samurai Sanders
Nov 4, 2003

Pillbug

Mordja posted:

You get a new spirit buddy, but she's not that goofy.
Yeah, she is the complete opposite of goofy. I guess the only positive thing is that she makes Wang wonder if he's getting old, which is interesting for him.

Samurai Sanders
Nov 4, 2003

Pillbug

nerdz posted:

Shadow warrior 3 needs to go back to Old Wang but less racist.
They've cleaned it up as much as they can but the whole series is couched in the idea that Chinese and Japanese are the same thing so I doubt there's much more they can do.

Samurai Sanders
Nov 4, 2003

Pillbug
It's R3 (or L3? I forget) for controllers I think.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Samurai Sanders
Nov 4, 2003

Pillbug

Mr.Citrus posted:

There needs to be a skill to add weapon wheel slots.
I want them to ditch the weapon wheel and just add in a quick menu system for equipping weapons on the four slots I actually use: two melee and two guns that the quick switch buttons switch between.

Samurai Sanders fucked around with this message at 03:07 on Oct 22, 2016

• Locked thread