Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK
Sep 11, 2001

Jack Trades posted:

How to make the worst part of the game less annoying:

* Don't touch the inventory during the mission. Wait until you're in the hub.
* Junk everything in the "Weapon Upgrades" category (it's all just boring and pointless stat bonuses).
* Stack every weapon with nothing but fun unique mods (like Akimbo or Turret) and Elemental mods.

I've been playing that way on Hard for a while now and the game honestly flows sooooo much better when you
don't stop every 5 seconds to optimize your guns.
Also the less time you spend on spreadsheets the more time you spend carving monsters and giving them the Wang.

ftfy

cl_gibcount 9999 posted:

serene mind is fine really, there are plenty of ways to just obliterate everything instantly and chi powers are way at the bottom of that list

I don't think I've even cast one power since like 3 missions in

Yea once you gem up some weapons for higher dps, even a single life drain mod or two(in your weapon or armor) basically make you invincible even on the highest difficulty setting. And you really don't need to use vanish to one shot stuff / hide when everything is dead.

CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK fucked around with this message at 22:42 on Oct 16, 2016

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK
Sep 11, 2001

Zereth posted:

I'm going off the figure people have said and going through how many I have in each category and using a calculator. I have 62 weapons and there's reportedly 70.

I'm guessing this is counting the dlc weapons like the chainsaw sword and the gold guns.

I have 68 weapons including the chainsaw sword dlc and the last 2 named elites(red skull on minimap) I killed didn't drop a weapon.

CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK
Sep 11, 2001

electrigger posted:

Is there any rhyme or reason to the crafting? It looks like you pretty much jump in quality one or two steps but i've tried things like using 3 toxic gems to make a better toxic gem but it gave me cold instead, etc.

It's completely random.

The only sure thing is that your gem will increase in quality.

CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK
Sep 11, 2001

The Lone Badger posted:

I feel like I'm always out of ammo. Not enough of it, save for the rare ammo shrine.

Do the SMGs just suck, or am I using them wrong?

They earlier ones kinda suck. The assault rifle you can buy from Larry's is ok and they get better from there.

edit: they can also use the piercing ammo mod, which is really good at higher levels. I think they get to +15% dmg and 80% chance to pierce.

CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK fucked around with this message at 04:35 on Oct 17, 2016

CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK
Sep 11, 2001

Ciaphas posted:

Damnit, seriously, I put all of my first points into Karma Collector. Now I feel compelled to restart. :(

You can pay to respec your skills. Or not worry about it.

CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK
Sep 11, 2001

I agree with all that. But I will suggest that maybe people didn't finish SW1 because it really dragged towards the end.

CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK
Sep 11, 2001

Stanley Pain posted:

There are a couple of creatures that can hit you for a lot of damage on Insane. The dual sword dudes (Goros?) can with their leap attack, and some of the elite mini bosses or whatever sure as heck can. Maxed health and around 35% damage resistance I can still take a hit that brings me down to 20 health.

I highly recommend the skill that makes you immune to the auras of monsters.

Yea, about that DR...

its bugged and increases your damage taken

CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK
Sep 11, 2001

Jack Trades posted:

So I just finished the game for the first time. Took me 18 hours and I found 65 weapons. Does anyone know how many weapons there are in total?

The story was clearly cut down to the barebones cutscenes and there's like at least half of the story missing but I don't really care since the gameplay was a loving blast.

I'm at 68 weapons including the preorder chainsaw blade. I've heard 70 but still haven't seen a list so :shrug:

CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK
Sep 11, 2001

Samurai Sanders posted:

I want them to ditch the weapon wheel and just add in a quick menu system for equipping weapons on the four slots I actually use: two melee and two guns that the quick switch buttons switch between.

You can already swap back to your last used ranged weapon and instantly swap to a melee weapon so :shrug:

or just bind them to 1-4 and press those buttons :v:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK
Sep 11, 2001

Segmentation Fault posted:

High praise indeed.

:sbahj:

Devolver Digital you are alright.

• Locked thread